Powerful 7.1 earthquake strikes Mexico City, severely damaging buildings

So far I've seen reports of one child, three children, five children and now zero. What in the world is going on?

moo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...c70b6f98089_story.html?utm_term=.41d65bc03c13

Mexican authorities now doubt any child remains trapped in collapsed school

And I am thinking of the parents who might think their daughter is still alive, waiting, hoping that she will be rescued and to find out its not even true-terrible just terrible.

thanks for the updates, everyone, I went to bed very confused last night.

From the article you listed, Jax :

The operation struck some observers as an attempt to portray Mexican officials as lifesaving heroes.
“This is just like Mexican politics, incredible,” said Edgar Felix, a freelance reporter for several Mexican news outlets who had just spent more than 30 hours without sleep watching the rescue effort from inside the school courtyard. “This was just a media spectacle.”
Officials overseeing the search now say that nobody named Frida Sofía attended the school. The family of the only Frida who is enrolled was contacted and found to be “pleasantly asleep with the girl” at home, according to the senior Mexican official.

If this was truly a hoax , I am totally horrified and angry. I thought they had managed to get water and candy and oxygen to the girl(s)? Why go through such an elaborate scheme? This is just unbelievable,

I can only hope there was never a child who could have been saved.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/frantic-rescues-continue-mexico-quake-deaths-rise-273-n803641

Cheers erupted from more than 1,000 volunteers and officials after they pulled a survivor from the rubble of a textile factory more than two days after it was obliterated by Mexico's earthquake.

NBC News witnessed at least two people pulled alive from the rubble and taken away in ambulances late Thursday. Their conditions were not immediately known. One had been trapped for around 52 hours.

IIRC, fairly early in the live coverage (probably MSNBC) the reporter said the name was not accurate. If I understood her correctly the name was "invented" by the press. Why would they invent a name?

But, there was no indication that the female child was faked. So confusing.

Having listened to the people who claimed to have heard the child, they did seem legit. moo

Last I saw on tv, the school is still being searched as of late Friday afternoon.

IMO, the media was deliberately lied to.

I watched the coverage on several news outlets. The lies were being fed to all the American reporters.

Mexico Earthquake Near Oaxaca Spreads Alarm, Sends People Panicking Into Streets
by Reuters

MEXICO CITY — A earthquake with a 6.2 magnitude shook southern Mexico on Saturday and was felt in the capital, where seismic alarms sounded, residents ran into the streets and rescuers briefly stopped combing the rubble left by a bigger tremor earlier this week.

Rescue workers embrace each other deeply moved after a seismic alert sounded in Mexico City on Sept. 23, 2017, four days after the powerful quake that hit central Mexico.

The United States Geological Survey said the new quake was relatively shallow and hit near Juchitan, which is a tropical region of Oaxaca state hard hit by another major earthquake on Sept 7...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...-alarm-sends-people-panicking-streets-n804121

Death toll now over 300.

Hopes for Mexico quake survivors dim as search enters sixth day

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-dim-as-search-enters-sixth-day-idUSKCN1BZ043

Emergency workers searched by floodlight in smashed buildings for survivors of Mexico’s deadliest earthquake in 32 years amid fading rescue prospects, five nights after the disaster and as President Enrique Pena Nieto urged Mexicans to turn their attention to rebuilding.

The search continued in a ruined office building in Mexico City’s hip Roma neighborhood and a five-story apartment in historic Tlalpan after Tuesday’s 7.1 quake toppled dozens of buildings and killed over 300 people.

Dog rescued from rubble of collapsed apartment block six days after Mexico City earthquake

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...d-apartment-block-japanese-team-a7966871.html

Rescuers have pulled a dog from the rubble six days after the deadly Mexico City earthquake.

A Japanese team working on a collapsed building in the southern part of the densely populated capital city found a small dog alive at the disaster site.

Cradling and petting the scared, small white dog, team members continued to work to see if they could find other survivors.

At least 320 people have died in the 7.2 magnitude 19 September earthquake, Mexico's deadliest one since a 1985 quake killed nearly 10,000 people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savagely_chaotic
Back