10 PATSY RAMSEY: No.
11 TOM HANEY: You had gotten through
12 that portion of the note that talked about don't
13 call the police, the FBI?
14 PATSY RAMSEY: Right.
15 TOM HANEY: We are watching you or
16 something like that?
17 PATSY RAMSEY: I know.

It had been speculated before in alot of other posts, that maybe, just maybe Patsy didn't get to the part about not calling the police, or talking to anyone, because JB would be beheaded. Well, this interview proves that she DID READ that part, and did know that the "kidnapper" had threatened JB's life. But, yet....what does she do? She calls over her friends ANYWAY.

and I've not ever heard one,not even one,explanation of that from either PR or JR.

I see it as John staging downstairs. I see him breaking the paintbrush

I agree,and I think it's MUCH more likely,so much more likely that he tied that KNOT.He would have known more about that from sailing than PR did.He may have told PR to go find some rope..and she did...from the AG doll..and her fibers got on it and in it that way...bc she carried it downstairs and had it against her at some point.

She was speaking too fast. Unfortunately, New York detectives were not interviewing her. or the FBI.
I got the impression the interviewers didn't have all or read all the facts on the case at the time,or didn't keep them in mind..like why wasn't she q'd on saying she called the "Johnsons",or about the screams???what????
Yes,there's more,so much more from this interview,that I think a whole book could be written just from this one alone.

I agree,and I think it's MUCH more likely,so much more likely that he tied that KNOT.He would have known more about that from sailing than PR did.He may have told PR to go find some rope..and she did...from the AG doll..and her fibers got on it and in it that way...bc she carried it downstairs and had it against her at some point.

John did the staging downstairs. His fibers are found in the genital area. He wiped her down. As you said she found the tape and the rope, hence her fibers are on same. He told her to write the ransom note and he took care of downstairs and he broke the paintbrush.

She called him when she was finished or he called her from the basement as he was coming upstairs. That is the part she mixed up in answering Haney's questions on the note.

I got the impression the interviewers didn't have all or read all the facts on the case at the time,or didn't keep them in mind..like why wasn't she q'd on saying she called the "Johnsons",or about the screams???what????
Yes,there's more,so much more from this interview,that I think a whole book could be written just from this one alone.

They were definitely NOT paying attention - why was she not called on the basement answer or the "flashback" she said she had of hearing JonBenet scream. You have a flashback to something that has already occurred and you were there and you witnessed it in some form.

...just taking a peek here during my lunch half hour. I want to go home now and read!

Could there be more to it than they were screaming after she wrote the note? I got the impression JR went to the basement and realized JB was dead,bf the staging began.Reason being,it sounds so dramatic and traumatic..they're both screaming..and at some point,they calmed down,and PR wrote the note,altho I think JR dicated parts of it to her in order to frame Jeff Merrick and friends,the '2 gentlemen' in the note,and esp in ref. to the $118,000.

Altho that's JMO about the reason they were both screaming at the same time..it sounds like it must have been a very shocking,emotional moment,and that's why she slipped.

Could there be more to it than they were screaming after she wrote the note? I got the impression it was when JR went to the basement for the first time,and realized JB was dead,bf the staging began.Reason being,it sounds so dramatic and traumatic..they're both screaming..and at some point,they calmed down,and PR wrote the note,altho I think JR dicated parts of it to her in order to frame Jeff Merrick and friends,the '2 gentlemen' in the note,and esp in ref. to the $118,000.

Altho that's JMO about the reason they were both screaming at the same time..it sounds like it must have been a very shocking,emotional moment,and that's why she slipped.

It could be. But I think it was more of mixing things up and remember right after she says he screamed from the basement. She says "it was horrible". I just think she was finished writing and he was finished staging and I think things were "insane" at that time; and she may have called for him or he called for her when he was coming up the stairs. But at some point John is coming up from the basement and he called for her. She is remembering something that happened that had a connection with the ransom note and since she was explaining about the note and what she did after she found it, she explained what happened after after she WROTE it instead. I 100% believe she is doing that.

They were not trying to frame Jeff Merrick...they were trying to frame Tom Carson, Access Graphics Chief Financial Officer. It was well known that Tom Carson was not liked by John Ramsey and Don Paugh. They wanted to fire him from AG.

Nedra was asked what she thought the acronym S.B.T.C stood for and she quickly answered Son of a B**ch Tom Carson. I am beginning to believe she solved the acronym.

Tom Carson: CFO...$118,000.00..."fat cat"..."inside job"...

They were not trying to frame Jeff Merrick...they were trying to frame Tom Carson, Access Graphics Chief Financial Officer. It was well known that Tom Carson was not liked by John Ramsey and Don Paugh. They wanted to fire him from AG.

Nedra was asked what she thought the acronym S.B.T.C stood for and she quickly answered Son of a B**ch Tom Carson. I am beginning to believe she solved the acronym.

Do you actually think they were trying to frame Tom Carson of Access Graphics with this sub-human crime. If you are right and they are, they are more bizarre than I thought. Maybe in their insanity they thought it might work. I mean later on they did implicate everyone.

OMG, Toltec. I think you (or should I say, Nedra?) nailed it! I can see John and Don talking about Tom and referring to him as "that SBTC" in front of the children or whomever. Everyone in the conversation would have known just who they meant by the initials. And, for Nedra to come up with that that quickly is extremely interesting!

Could there be more to it than they were screaming after she wrote the note? I got the impression JR went to the basement and realized JB was dead,bf the staging began.Reason being,it sounds so dramatic and traumatic..they're both screaming..and at some point,they calmed down,and PR wrote the note,altho I think JR dicated parts of it to her in order to frame Jeff Merrick and friends,the '2 gentlemen' in the note,and esp in ref. to the $118,000.

It could be. But I think it was more of mixing things up and remember right after she says he screamed from the basement. She says "it was horrible". I just think she was finished writing and he was finished staging and I think things were "insane" at that time; and she may have called for him or he called for her when he was coming up the stairs. But at some point John is coming up from the basement and he called for her. She is remembering something that happened that had a connection with the ransom note and since she was explaining about the note and what she did after she found it, she explained what happened after after she WROTE it instead. I 100% believe she is doing that.

that makes sense,thx.

that makes sense,too,but JR named JM first,saying he'd made threats,something about he was going bring JR down to his knees,and I think JM was awarded 118,000 as compensation when he was let go from AG.And JM thought the 2 gentlemen ref. was to him and 2 of his friends that were at Pasta Jay's the same night (xmas eve) the R's were there,and JM says JR was trying to say that he and his 2 friends were there that night planning JB's death.I got that from his interview..he fully felt the note pointed at him.

Do you actually think they were trying to frame Tom Carson of Access Graphics with this sub-human crime. If you are right and they are, they are more bizarre than I thought. Maybe in their insanity they thought it might work. I mean later on they did implicate everyone.

I think they were anxious to pin it on anybody they could,bizarre ...definitely yes.But I do they were trying to frame someone from AG,seeing as that was JR's bonus.
If it was Tom Carson,then did he have 2 friends or other close employees who didn't like JR or DP as well?I'm haven't heard much about him,thx.

ohh Ok,this is from wikipedia,Tom was friends with JM,I guess when JM didn't pan out,he pointed at TC?

Disgruntled Access Graphics Worker

The Access Graphics Worker Theory

This possibility is discussed here and here. Jeff Merrick, a former friend of John Ramsey's, was once thought a suspect, but apparently was in Louisville on the night JBR was killed. Merrick was investigated by BPD; a fuller account is in this radio interview (mp3 audio file).
Motivation. Internet poster [Deb (post #1207) suggested Merrick was angry about being fired in 1996 because they could not justify his salary, yet John received an $118,000 bonus that year; she believes this gave Merrick the strongest motive among those being considered. Schiller (1999) also claims that Merrick was in a dispute with Access Graphics over a monetary amount that approximated $118,000, but Merrick has explicitly denied this.
Means.
Opportunity.
Incriminating Evidence Against Jeff Merrick
  • Internet poster Deb (post #1207) has provided the following list of incriminating evidence regarding Merrick:
  1. Threats Against John. Merrick once stated that he was going to bring John down.
  2. $118,000 Ransom. He would have known about the $118,000 from CFO Tom who he was still friends with
  3. Helgoth Connection. Merrick possibly hired Helgoth to kidnap and kill JBR, and then killed Helgoth to shut him up.
  4. Refused Lie Detector. Merrick also refused to take a lie detector test (Schiller 1999:127; quote and source provided by Internet poster ClearingHaze).
  5. Bible Verse. Bible verse's regarding a someone they considered a friend turning on them - this would fit Merrick.
Exculpatory Evidence Favoring Jeff Merrick
  • Alibi. "On the afternoon of Tuesday, December 31, Detectives Patterson and Weinheimerinterviewed Merrick at his home in Louisville [Colorado], just fifteen minutes from the Ramseys' house. Merrick told the police that he and his wife, Kathy, had spent Christmas with Kathy's brother-in-law in Aurora and in the afternoon had visited their friends Dick and Dianne Foote. The Merricks went home at about 8:00 and watched TV until they went to bed." (Schiller 1999:67; quote and source provided by Internet poster ClearingHaze).
  • Internet poster Deb (post #1207) has provided the following list of exculpatory evidence regarding Merrick and a possible accomplice:
  1. They probably would not have been aware of the backstairs being the primary stairway.
  2. They would not have been able to have get JBR downstairs unless she was sleeping, because it's unlikely she would have gone anywhere with a stranger. Deb does not believe JBR was stunned in her room.
  3. They would not have known the dog was gone, but may not even have been aware that they had a dog.
  4. For whatever reason,reasons we are not aware of, Thomas doesn't think there is a chance Merrick was involved.

11 THOMAS HANEY: On the 25th,
12 Christmas, when you put JonBenet to bed, did she
13 have any marks on her?
14 PATSY RAMSEY: Not that I noticed.
15 THOMAS HANEY: Any scratches, cuts,
16 bruises?
17 PATSY RAMSEY: Not that I noticed.
18 THOMAS HANEY: How about, did she
19 have any marks from markers or anything like
20 that?
21 PATSY RAMSEY: I didn't notice
22 anything that night when she went to bed. And,
23 you know, I know there was a red heart on her
24 hand or her forehead. I don't know when that --
25 I mean, you know, I didn't -- I didn't inspect
1 her when I put her to bed.

2 THOMAS HANEY: But when you put her
3 to bed, let's talk about that. We will go into
4 a little more detail later, because we have some
5 photographs and we want to talk about that. You
6 were -- at least changed part of her clothing
7 when she is asleep?
8 PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-hum, right.
9 THOMAS HANEY: Doesn't --
10 (INAUDIBLE). Did you notice anything?
11 PATSY RAMSEY: (No response.)
12 THOMAS HANEY: Would she have
13 washed her hands at a particular time?
14 PATSY RAMSEY: Well, at dinner, she
15 rarely washed her hands.
16 THOMAS HANEY: Would she, or
17 perhaps she had been eating crab and you have
18 that slimy stuff all over?
19 PATSY RAMSEY: Yeah, I think she is
20 going to wash her hands. But I didn't see her.
21 I don't know.
22 THOMAS HANEY: Getting her ready
23 that early afternoon, four or five o'clock, did
24 you give her a bath, did she take a bath?
25 PATSY RAMSEY: I don't think so.
1 THOMAS HANEY: You don't think you
2 gave her one?
3 PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-uh.
4 THOMAS HANEY: Do you think she
5 took one?
6 PATSY RAMSEY: No, she didn't take
7 one (INAUDIBLE).
8 THOMAS HANEY: Showers?
9 PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-uh.
10 THOMAS HANEY: Would she have
11 washed her hands before getting ready to go?
12 PATSY RAMSEY: I'd like to think
13 so, but I just don't know for sure.
14 TRIP DeMUTH: At the Whites, did
15 somebody say, oh, here, get ready for dinner?
16 Did somebody tell her to go wash her hands at
17 the Whites, do you remember anything about that?
18 PATSY RAMSEY: I don't know.
19 TRIP DeMUTH: How was she about
20 washing her hands?
21 PATSY RAMSEY: Just typical kid,
22 you know, if she can get by with it, she
23 wouldn't do it. You know, but I was pretty much
24 always (INAUDIBLE). (Gesturing.)
25 TRIP DeMUTH: Had you referred to
1 that at all Christmas Day?
2 PATSY RAMSEY: I don't know. I
3 don't remember exactly, but I may have.
4 TRIP DeMUTH: How do you know there
5 was a heart on her hand?
6 PATSY RAMSEY: Because it was on
7 there in the morning, that's why.

8 TRIP DeMUTH: And you remember it
9 from the next morning?
10 PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-hum.
11 TRIP DeMUTH: You saw it the next
12 morning?
13 PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-hum.
14 TRIP DeMUTH: When you say the next
15 morning, did you remember it from the previous
16 evening?
17 PATSY RAMSEY: (Shaking head.) (No
18 response.)

19 TRIP DeMUTH: Did she -- I mean did
20 it get there, was that something she would do
21 or --

a bit later:

18 PATSY RAMSEY: That was a pretty
19 good little heart, you know, I mean -- pretty
20 well drawn.

and, then, the next day of the interview:

20 PATSY RAMSEY: Okay, I wasn't clear
21 whether you were talking about picture of her in
22 the laundry room, or pictures of her located in
23 the laundry room. And I think that I read
24 somewhere talking about the heart on her hand.
25 And truthfully, I can't -- I am having trouble
1 distinguishing whether I have read about that or
2 whether I actually saw that. I just recently
3 read parts of the autopsy report, and I believe
4 that was on there. And I just, you know, now I
5 have a picture of a heart on her hand and I
6 can't remember whether I actually saw it or --
7 TRIP DeMUTH: Let me ask you this.
8 Do you remember what color it was? Is there a
9 color that you recall?
10 PATSY RAMSEY: No, I just see a red
11 heart in my mind.
12 TRIP DeMUTH: But you don't know if
13 you read it?
14 PATSY RAMSEY: No. I just to be
15 perfectly fair, to say that I saw it on her.

6 THOMAS HANEY: Okay. What did you
7 do last night after you got out of here?
8 PATSY RAMSEY: I went to the and
9 (INAUDIBLE). And took a nap and then got up,
10 ate dinner, and talked with my friends and met
1 with this gentleman for a couple of hours. Went
12 to bed about 8:30 and read, that's it.
13 THOMAS HANEY: What was the
14 conversation with this guy? How about did you
15 and John discuss what happened yesterday?
16 PATSY RAMSEY: No.
17 THOMAS HANEY: You didn't --
18 PATSY RAMSEY: I said how was your
19 day, fine. How was your day, fine.
20 THOMAS HANEY: You didn't discuss,
21 they didn't ask this, they didn't ask that?
22 PATSY RAMSEY: I was very tired, we
3 both were. I was kind of tired -- I was more
24 tired than I thought I was. I think
25 (INAUDIBLE).

Oh, come on!

6 THOMAS HANEY: Okay. What did you
7 do last night after you got out of here?
8 PATSY RAMSEY: I went to the and
9 (INAUDIBLE). And took a nap and then got up,
10 ate dinner, and talked with my friends and met
1 with this gentleman for a couple of hours. Went
12 to bed about 8:30 and read, that's it.
13 THOMAS HANEY: What was the
14 conversation with this guy? How about did you
15 and John discuss what happened yesterday?
16 PATSY RAMSEY: No.
17 THOMAS HANEY: You didn't --
18 PATSY RAMSEY: I said how was your
19 day, fine. How was your day, fine.
20 THOMAS HANEY: You didn't discuss,
21 they didn't ask this, they didn't ask that?
22 PATSY RAMSEY: I was very tired, we
3 both were. I was kind of tired -- I was more
24 tired than I thought I was. I think
25 (INAUDIBLE).

Oh, come on!

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH !!!
even if they were innocent,they'd have been talking their heads off!Whom did PR think she was kidding??!!

PATSY RAMSEY:
24 hand or her forehead.

What the ..????? Hand or forehead - big difference, especially when it is your own child! To Patsy though, it was not an important thing to know or remember.
:doh:

Oh, IMO John definately tied that knot....I just couldn't see Patsy tying something like that. And Yes, there could be a whole book written just from this particuliar PR interview. I didn't even get through the whole thing, and I found out some things that I didn't know, and saw more inconsistancies. I had always just assumed that Patsy didn't read the entire ransom note...that she just read a few lines before screaming for John, and thats why she called over her friends....that she didn't read the part about JB's beheading if they talked to so much as a dog. But according to the interview...she read that part. The interviewer just comes right out and asks her...and she said that she had read it. But, she calls over her friends ANYWAY....TRULY UNBELIEVABLE. And she admits to being "nuts" when she finds the ransom note, and JB missing..and says that John was "cool"...but yet....John tells HER to call 911?!?!?!?! Makes absolutely NO SENSE at all. Unless of course, he thought that Patsy would sound more believable...since he was so "cool". Just two more big, bright red flags to add to their sea of red flags. The more that I read, the more that I am convinced of their involvement of the murder of their precious little girl. Makes me sick to my stomach....(IMO)

PATSY RAMSEY:
24 hand or her forehead.

What the ..????? Hand or forehead - big difference, especially when it is your own child! To Patsy though, it was not an important thing to know or remember.
:doh:

First she doesn't remember if she saw the heart on JB's "hand or her forehead"...then she says that she did see it, and then she says that she is not sure, that she just may have read about it. COME ON.....give me a break. And where the heck did she get forehead from anyway? The same place that she got that the "Johnson's" came over after she found the ransom note. She was full of bull....IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl
Back