Premeditated Murder #972

Status
Not open for further replies.
High profile cases creates tremendous pressure on LE and the D.A.s office. My experience is that what they both want to do is lessen the pressure on themselves, so they will happily throw someone to the crimetainment wolf pack based on but minor particles of evidence or just a suspicion. And they do not have to arrest someone to ruin their lives. The experience of being wrongfully demonized by the media does a superb job of that.

I could list high-profile case after high-profile case where there was wrongful demonization and/or a wrongful conviction or, sometimes, a likely wrongful acquittal (often a result of celebrity justice). When a case is goes under the floodlights, my experience is that it's a great environment for bad things to happen, especially in our rush-to-judgment culture.

As for framing, just remember that most every wrongful conviction represents a framing. Sometimes it's a passive framing, because the person who truly committed the crime does not step forward. And sometimes D.A.s frame people by withholding exculpatory evidence from the defense -- 999 times out of a 1,000, nothing will happen to them. Moreover, LE has certainly been known to manufacture false evidence and use it to convict people, but I'm sure you know that.
Ya know what threw this in the limelight...the 31 days of not reporting a "missing" child. Yes, the public- not just the media- get their proverbial panties in a twist when there is a child involved. Look at the Laci Peterson case. It wasn't the media or LE who were responsible for creating public frenzy...it was the fact that there was a missing pregnant woman...a woman who was weeks away from delivering her son. I don't see the public needing to pressure LE to solve these cases. They feel the same outrage when there's a helpless child involved that we do. I have no doubt they work tirelessly to solve these particular cases because they're haunting to say the least. Was SP demonized in your eyes? I know people who knew enough about him to say that they were not surprised that he was suspected from the getgo. I think we need to start to truly listen to what's been said by those have nothing to lose/gain here. There is only one person who had any motive to kill Caylee...and that was her mother IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname