PRESS CONFERENCE: September 24, 2014 - Charlottesville Police Department *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that crying now?

Reward upped to $100K through the generosity of citizens. Relief he's in custody. Sadness for Hannah and her family.

Now for the frustrating part....................getting him to talk.

Defense attorney involved. IMHO that's too bad! Unless LE has compelling evidence, the atty will probably advise JM to remain silent. I so hope that's not the case!!

I wonder if his attorney knew. His family too. Also whose car did he take down there. That's quite a distance. I just did that drive a few months ago, not to Galveston, but to Houston via New Orleans via Alabama on up. Took the week. He must have been driving like a maniac. It ;s a direct 19-20 hour drive.

I wonder what evidence there is in this case. From JM's reaction, he left a lot out there.

The drive started when he left the police station...wasn't that Sat?

Here's my snark for the moment. I'm thankful the presser was short. I don't have to watch JVM anymore.

When do we move back to the old thread? Anyone know?

Galveston looks to be an island. I wonder if he has friends there?
Could be, in which case it was a lucky thing he got apprehended before he could take shelter. Could also be that he was just taking roads that would let him bypass the Houston metro area - once you're in Galveston you can still get out to the west via route 257.

IMO Longo's body language and facial expressions point to him thinking Hannah is dead. :0(

I couldn't hear them either, I thought I had gone deaf. Then, when the reporter asked a question at the end, sure, he came through loud and clear.

I couldn't hear a thing on my I-pad....ugh!

But now that he's been arrested, I anticipate we'll be hearing lots more.

Prayers to H & her family!

I kept trying to get one of the links to work for the press conference, but then realized since I'm in cville, I could just watch it on the local station. D'oh.

Wow...Galveston Texas...gotta say if you're innocent there isn't much likelihood you run for Mexico as it would seem he did..just really hope he actually helps lead LE to Hannah which is and has always been what really matters..

UPDATED: Jesse "LJ" Matthew arrested in connection with abduction of Hannah Graham
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:00 pm | Updated: 7:36 pm, Wed Sep 24, 2014.

Jesse “LJ” Matthew Jr. has been arrested in Galveston, Texas in connection with the disappearance of Northern Virginia native Hannah Graham.

Matthew, 32, was arrested Wednesday and will be extradited back to Virginia.

"Once that comes to completion, we'll have some more information to share with you," Charlottesville police Chief Timothy Longo said.

Longo did not comment on the circumstances surrounding the arrest.
Jesse Matthew arrested out-of-state in alleged kidnapping of U.Va. student Hannah Graham
By ABC 7 News, Associated Press
September 24, 2014 - 07:09 pm Updated: September 24, 2014 - 09:18 pm

[...]

"Jesse Matthew is in custody in Galveston, Texas," Police Chief Timothy Longo proclaimed to reporters, adding that the "extradition process is currently underway."

[...]

The Galveston County Sheriff’s Office confirmed one of their deputies located Matthew on a beach in the community of Gilcrest around 3:30 p.m. Central time, but they declined to discuss the circumstances surrounding his capture. Charlottesville investigators were expected to travel to Galveston on Thursday.

Suspect in Hannah Graham case in custody
By Dana Ford, CNN updated 8:30 PM EDT, Wed September 24, 2014

[...]

"We have a person in custody, but there's a long road ahead of us, and that long road includes finding Hannah Graham," Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo told reporters.

[...]

"I am Mr. Matthew's attorney," said James Camblos, who spoke outside his office in Charlottesville, Virginia.

"I was hired on Saturday. That's the only thing that I'm going to confirm at this point. The family and I -- nobody is making any statements at this point in time. We might later on, but right now we are not," he said.
Suspect in University of Virginia student disappearance arrested in Galveston

[...]

Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo announced Matthew's capture at a news conference Wednesday night. He said Matthew was in custody in Galveston, Texas, and would be extradited to Virginia.

According to the Galveston County Sheriff's Office, Matthew was located on the beach in Gilcrest on the Bolivar Penisula at around 3:30pm.

Longo added that police were still searching for Graham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther