Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in the spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give it 10 years.

Yes, I'm a little skeptical, too. The royals have never been too faithful, but Meghan's past doesn't seem to indicate she has strong feelings about monogamy either. Her love of media attention and tendency to call the paps when she goes out in public could cause problems within the rest of the royal family. Things already seem a little uncomfortable with the jockeying to have the wedding close to the time when Will and Kate's baby is due. I had read before that the Queen wanted them to wait until later in the year, perhaps that's why the date and location are still undetermined. Someone is pushing to have the wedding ASAP.

If she's been divorced then any wedding might be a low-key affair.

I was surprised that the wedding would be in the spring when the couple got engaged in late November. While I'm sure that wedding planners can pull off a major spectacle in 6 or 7 months, I wondered if Harry and Meghan's royal nuptials might not have the pomp and circumstance we've come to expect with these high-profile events.

Maybe there is a baby on the way already?
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/prince-harry-meghan-markle-royal-wedding-marriage-engaged-1.4417681
In their first joint interview since announcing their engagement, Prince Harry said Monday that he and American actress Meghan Markle hope to start a family in the near future
attachment.php

Attachments

• britain-royal-engagement.jpg
    britain-royal-engagement.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 215
She has a gorgeous ring. So beautiful. I wish them the best in life.

Actually I was surprised that the Queen approved the marriage because of just that. But she knows her time is limited and Harry is 5th in line so chances are very slim that both Harry & Meghen would ever make it that far up the royal ladder. I think she also has tried very hard to change with the times.
I cant wait for the wedding, I follow them all. Love all the beautiful horses, tack and carriages, the castles, the jewels, the dogs, all the pomp, I love it all.
Originally they said a summer wedding and now this morning it is saying spring so not sure on that bit of info.
Congrats to a couple in love.

I think the Queen is ok with this marriage. Times have changed a lot, and the Queen seems pretty down to Earth. That Meghan is mixed race, or American, or a divorcee is probably not that important to the Queen. If she were to insist on a Brit of noble blood that had never been married, there would be a pretty small pool of women to draw from! I do wonder if the fact that she is a celebrity could be a concern. That just brings its own problems. I think they make a beautiful couple. Two people that had a bit of a wild youth and made their share of mistakes. It really makes them more relatable.

I was surprised that the wedding would be in the spring when the couple got engaged in late November. While I'm sure that wedding planners can pull off a major spectacle in 6 or 7 months, I wondered if Harry and Meghan's royal nuptials might not have the pomp and circumstance we've come to expect with these high-profile events.

I am guessing this would be a much more low-key event. Seems to me that it might be what they want.

I just watched the interview and I think these two will do very well together. They both seem relaxed and natural with each other and Meghan answered all the questions brilliantly, must be tough knowing your every word will be analysed.

It was so great to have some happy news today. I think Diana would have been so proud of both her boys. Harry seems to really have matured over the past couple of years. Although Meghan Markle is an actress, she's led a pretty low key existence and hasn't been one for a lot of publicity, so I think her acting background and comfort with the camera will help her adjust to being in the unrelenting spotlight. She seems like a lovely person IRL. I really hope they can make it work, if that's what they both want. I'll be pulling for them! :)

Archbishop gives Prince Harry and Meghan Markle blessing to 'make their vows before God'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...prince-harry-blessing-divorcee-meghan-markle/

Thank goodness for that! A secular wedding would not have gone down well. I don't know a lot about Meghan Markle (in spite of being an occasional Daily Mail reader, I confess), but she came across well in their BBC interview. The vast majority of British people will welcome her if she makes Harry happy, he is one of the most popular royals because he has his mother's gift for connecting with people and for taking on humanitarian causes, especially those that concern the most disadvantaged of the world.
The British royal family won't worry too much about her racial heritage as because of historic colonial relationships they have always had a lot of contact with people from different cultures. As for being divorced, the Queen is a pragmatist above all else and is probably glad that she's got her divorce under her belt, so hopefully won't have another one this time. As for being a "goldigger", I think Meghan, yes, comes across as ambitious and hard-working and most people here will see that as a good thing. Essentially Harry had to find someone he loves AND who would cope with "the job". I think being an actress and having done humanitarian work are probably pretty helpful in that regard.
As for being American, again, I think most people here want to strengthen UK-US ties. What would scare people is if she does Tom Cruise-like things in public, I'm sure she is aware that of that and she seemed perfectly lady-like in the interview. Quiet elegance with American warmth should be her approach and she will be welcomed. I think she clearly has the gift of making Harry feel secure and "nurtured" and she "wants the job". Nothing wrong with that.
Meghan's best phrase in the interview - "boots on the ground", the Royal family has only survived here because they serve a purpose, figureheads, good examples and continuity. And because we look at some other heads of state and say "er, no thanks, we'll stick with what we've got".
My only concern is her age, Harry is born to be a dad so I hope they are ok in that respect. My money for the wedding date is on mid-late May so Kate has a chance to become stick-thin again after the baby.
I think I read somewhere though that Meghan is a Roman Catholic? I'm not sure how they get round that church wise now? But the palace apparatchiks will find a way. Good luck and congratulations to them!

I agree Harry is the most popular royal especially amongst younger generations, who can forget that little boy walking behind his mummy's coffin, I think since then we have collectively "looked out for" those boys. I like William too, but he and Kate seem to have got stuffier as time has gone on, but then they'll be King and Queen one day so I guess they have to behave.

Harry has more freedom and is no stranger to partying, drink, drugs and beautiful women, he definitely has a naughty side but I think the boy's come good. I think this will be the making of him, Diana would be so proud. I'm not a massive royal fan usually, I like them and I'm mainly glad we have them but I don't follow what they're up to. I think this engagement heralds a new chapter, a step on further modernising what W&K started. Good luck Hazza & Meg!

Prince Harry’s engagement to Meghan Markle shows journey from party boy
by Alastair Jamieson

LONDON — When Prince Harry and his bride-to-be Meghan Markle stepped out on the grounds of Kensington Palace on Monday, it was a mellow, romantic royal moment that was a far cry from Harry’s troubled past.

"When did I know she was the one? Very first time we met," the suited prince told reporters...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...meghan-markle-shows-journey-party-boy-n824171

Prince Harry’s engagement to Meghan Markle shows journey from party boy
by Alastair Jamieson

LONDON — When Prince Harry and his bride-to-be Meghan Markle stepped out on the grounds of Kensington Palace on Monday, it was a mellow, romantic royal moment that was a far cry from Harry’s troubled past.

"When did I know she was the one? Very first time we met," the suited prince told reporters...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...meghan-markle-shows-journey-party-boy-n824171

Ah, no wonder everybody likes him. He's a charmer...and has the perfect answer to that question. :)

UK hails new royal couple as wedding details awaited
Associated Press

London — The engagement of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle dominated newspaper front pages and morning news shows in Britain on Tuesday, as royal-watchers awaited details of the couple’s spring wedding.

The grandson of Queen Elizabeth II and the American actress have announced they will marry in 2018. Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby says they have chosen a church wedding...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/world/2017/11/28/britain-royal-engagement/108091336/

Ah, no wonder everybody likes him. He's a charmer...and has the perfect answer to that question. :)

Unlike his dad Charles, who when asked by a reporter on their engagement day if he and Diana were in love, awkwardly replied "whatever in love means"

I think I read somewhere though that Meghan is a Roman Catholic? I'm not sure how they get round that church wise now? But the palace apparatchiks will find a way. Good luck and congratulations to them!

It's ok, Archbish has said go for it!

Here's the Royal Title Meghan Markle Could Receive Once She Marries Prince Harry

...According to tradition, royal men receive a title when they marry. As a result, Prince Harry is expected to become the Duke of Sussex.

His new wife would also become both a Royal Highness (HRH) and a duchess after saying her vows. In other words, Meghan could become Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex...

https://my.xfinity.com/articles/ent...e-Royal-Tit-4fa9?cid=featuredent_media_markle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back