Priscilla Presley - was she groomed?

Snoopster

Reaction score
I started watching "Priscilla" on Prime Video tonight. I had to step away as the apparent grooming was too much for me to handle. Of course it's a 'story' so I don't know the actual events, but it's a story told from Priscilla's perspective.

Even her defense, when others had the same reaction as me, is weak. "It was a different time." "he bought me lots of stuff." etc.
He was 24 when he met her and she was just 14. She brushed the 'grooming' aspect off as "he liked me because I was a good listener". But he didn't know she was a good listener when he sent someone over to her to invite her to an adult party, before he even knew her.

Priscilla Presley Denies Claims Of Being ‘Groomed’ At 14 After Meeting 24-Year-Old Elvis - News18

He was 24 when he invited this 14 year old away. Her parents agreed since it was 'chaperoned'. Yet they slept in the same bed. I think he would be arrested in today's world.
What do you think?? Groomed or not groomed?

Have a Google of Bill Wyman and Mandy Smith! And didn't Steven Tyler get guardianship of his underage "girlfriend"?

Jerry Lee Lewis and his cousin/wife Myra

Priscilla is right about it being a different time, but that doesn't make it OK!
I know. <sigh> They were all so disgusting...particularly Jerry Lee Lewis.

They were all just allowed to get away with it 'back in the day'. It's similar to family abuse claims (sexual or otherwise) which were all supposed to just 'be kept within the family'. And there are some who yearn for the 'good ol days'. I think we know what kind of people they are.

I started watching "Priscilla" on Prime Video tonight. I had to step away as the apparent grooming was too much for me to handle. Of course it's a 'story' so I don't know the actual events, but it's a story told from Priscilla's perspective.

Even her defense, when others had the same reaction as me, is weak. "It was a different time." "he bought me lots of stuff." etc.
He was 24 when he met her and she was just 14. She brushed the 'grooming' aspect off as "he liked me because I was a good listener". But he didn't know she was a good listener when he sent someone over to her to invite her to an adult party, before he even knew her.

Priscilla Presley Denies Claims Of Being ‘Groomed’ At 14 After Meeting 24-Year-Old Elvis - News18

He was 24 when he invited this 14 year old away. Her parents agreed since it was 'chaperoned'. Yet they slept in the same bed. I think he would be arrested in today's world.
Of course, he liked her! She was a beautiful young girl.

Did not read the article, however, imo, he should have been arrested then. Will never understand the "parents" allowing so called ("chaperoned") sleepover. moo

As a young girl when they first got married she looked to be close to elvis’s age to me. Her age wasn’t talked about. Course I didn’t know my uncle and aunt weren’t married either. At her age she wore to much makeup, where was her mother?
I’m not a fan of ppl telling ‘their’ story when the other is not here to dispute what is said.

I don’t think she was groomed, I doubt you’ll find any female back then that would have turned elvis down.

Jmo

It Was a different time, it was also wrong. Many Rockstars dater or hung out with KIDS. For some reason it was accepted

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back