Procedure and legal questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see by today's news that the PI from Chicago who was hired by the defense team to dig up dirt on Mr. Kronk was present at court today during Mr. Kronk's deposition. Did he actually sit in on the deposition and why was it permitted? Or was the PI there just for intimidation purposes?? Any legals lurking here who can tell us what the proper procedure is??? I worked for attorneys and never saw anyone other than the parties involved and their attorneys in a depo.

What if Kronk got the info about where Caylee's remains might be back in August through 'illegal' channels, such as someone eavesdropping on privileged conversations or something along those lines. He tries to report this info and nobody listens to him. He backs off for awhile and then in December 'finds' the body. Would the body and all the phsyical and scientific evidence recovered at the scene be fruit of the poisoned tree if it can be proved that the information was gleaned illegally? Sorry if that sounds convoluted but I hope you all understand what I am asking. Bascially, If Kronk found the body because he had been given info that was illegally obtained, and it is proven that it was obtained illegally, would everything found at the scene be tossed or barred from being entered into evidence?

I would honest to God love it if Kronk said he "overheard" the As on his scanner talking about where the body was.......endgame.

Yes, it wholly resides with Judge Strickland. (at least at this point)

A change of venue request in a well publicized capital murder case is not unusual and is normally granted within reason. But this case I am not so sure. Normally a judge would grant it just to avoid any chance of an appelate issue because of publicity or poisoned jury pool. But given how public and outspoken the defense has been in this case. And how quiet the prosecution has been, I think there is a good chance that Strickland may roll the dice on an appeal and slap the defense down for thei public antics.

------------------------
faefrost, boy I hope so! what is wrong with these people?I know what they are trying to do to Kronk but anyone with half a brain can see through it! His ex wife!! what did they expect her to say? They have cried wolf once too often.If I were on that jury I dont think I could bring myself to believe one word they said. Even if there was a chance KC. wasnt guilty,they are blowing anychance of her being found innocent. I'm sorry. I felt I had to vent and didnt know where to put it. Thank you faefrost for your space :angel:

What if Kronk got the info about where Caylee's remains might be back in August through 'illegal' channels, such as someone eavesdropping on privileged conversations or something along those lines. He tries to report this info and nobody listens to him. He backs off for awhile and then in December 'finds' the body. Would the body and all the phsyical and scientific evidence recovered at the scene be fruit of the poisoned tree if it can be proved that the information was gleaned illegally? Sorry if that sounds convoluted but I hope you all understand what I am asking. Bascially, If Kronk found the body because he had been given info that was illegally obtained, and it is proven that it was obtained illegally, would everything found at the scene be tossed or barred from being entered into evidence?

It would depend on the source of the eavesdropping;

a. plumber in doing work on the building overhears JB and Casey talking? not poisoned tree as it is up to the attorney to make sure a third party cannot hear their communications

b. someone taps JBs phonelines- that would be illegal in the state of Florida, poisoned tree would apply to that evidence all evidence that came from its source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid