Profile of the killer (Opinion)

Could this guy be raping every time he feels that he has no control over some type of stressful event in his life? Could there be a pattern or reason that he rapes (and now murders) at each particular time?

IOW, these may not be "random" rapes. An event may have precipitated this act of aggression, meaning an event that he didn't like or wasn't comfortable with or one where he felt helpless. Raping was his means of regaininig control. Just a thought.

My thoughts:

He used to live in town, but now only comes in for work now. He's 24-26, the baby of the family with a few fairly older (than him) siblings and his parents are probably older too.

He uses a rental car, but has family in town and has borrowed that family member's car to do his stalking, etc. That borrowed car is a Trailblazer.

He's younger, single. He's very charming really and used to lots of attention.

The panties were purchased online from someone who does a webcam type show and sells articles of clothing (thus the perps leaving them there with virtual belief he won't get caught because the underwear's owner probably lives across country and wouldn't begin to think of the connection.)

wow, not sure exactly why, but your theory gave me a shiver:eek:

Welcome to WS, EnvoyDriver! (Nice ride, by the way)

It is quite an interesting theory, I must say. The way you presented it is why it gave me shivers, too. You may be onto something, you never know. You seem pretty sure of the vehicle and other aspects.

My thoughts:

He used to live in town, but now only comes in for work now. He's 24-26, the baby of the family with a few fairly older (than him) siblings and his parents are probably older too.

He uses a rental car, but has family in town and has borrowed that family member's car to do his stalking, etc. That borrowed car is a Trailblazer.

He's younger, single. He's very charming really and used to lots of attention.

The panties were purchased online from someone who does a webcam type show and sells articles of clothing (thus the perps leaving them there with virtual belief he won't get caught because the underwear's owner probably lives across country and wouldn't begin to think of the connection.)

Why would he borrow a family member's car to do the stalking?

I think he borrows the car because he thinks it is a clever means to evade capture in his mind.

Given my scenario (which now doesn't make as much sense if the thong doesn't have his DNA on it), he's the baby of the family, selfish, and probably enjoys being the center of his family's attention. I think his parents might have had him in their late 40s, which would make them more like his grandparents and more lenient.

I think he does think he's smarter than the police; in his mind, he thinks he's smarter than 90 percent of the populace. He has skated a lot in his life and hasn't come against any real opposition and any that he has come across and cannot surmount, his family has stepped in and made excuses for him. He sees himself has worthy of so much more in life and thus, he is able to excuse his behavior regarding the rapes and now murder as things due him or payment for the wrongs in his life. He probably truly thinks his victims deserved what they had coming to them.

Regarding the car, I think that it is a Trailblazer or an Envoy for two reasons. One is that is the type of car the police are apparently looking at.

Here's a link. Look at Photo 9 in this set of photos.

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/g...PH&Params=Itemnr=1&rgj_description=&rgj_date=

I think it is a Trailblazer or Envoy based on the descriptions of the Dec victim. Here's pictures of my Envoy:

I think the blue station numbers matches the victim's description:

001.jpg

Additionally, I think that the blue and red ac/heating zone decals were misinterpreted by the victim.

002.jpg

Finally, here's a picture of the very thin console.

003.jpg

hmmm, interesting.....you could very well be right about the red & blue colors being misinterpreted....thanks for the pictures..

& welcome to WS:)

do you work in some form of LE?

THE VEHICLE
An extended cab pickup or sport-utility vehicle with a dome light above the windshield. It requires a big step to get inside.
Floor-mounted, skinny console that opens in front. The LED read-out on the radio was blue and red, the vehicle had cloth seats and an automatic transmission.

i had forgotten about the skinny console.....

Envoydriver61,
Welcome to Websleuths!

Thanks for the pictures of the interior of your Trail Blazer. There's a lot that's consistent with the description given by the December victim. There's the cloth upholstry, the blue digital read out on the radio, red and blue on the dash that could easily be mistaken as part of the radio, and the narrow console.

A few questions..........does a Trail Blazer sit high off the ground? And would it be considered a small pickup or SUV?

Envoydriver61,
Welcome to Websleuths!

Thanks for the pictures of the interior of your Trail Blazer. There's a lot that's consistent with the description given by the December victim. There's the cloth upholstry, the blue digital read out on the radio, red and blue on the dash that could easily be mistaken as part of the radio, and the narrow console.

A few questions..........does a Trail Blazer sit high off the ground? And would it be considered a small pickup or SUV?

I would consider the Trail Blazer a SUV. I don't think they sit too high off the ground or not any that I have seen.

I think the step up description may be relative. Not everyone would need to step in an SUV. I kind of step into mine. However, I have to step up to my mother's Mazda Tribute because of the higher lip of the door. I'm 6"1" too.

And, the step up description was given by the person who was from Taiwan, wasn't it? On average, they are smaller people and to that victim, she might have had to step up, but perhaps not everyone has to.

No, I don't work in LE other than an occasional citizens patrol unit for the neighborhood.

I just think the perp thinks he's some kind of special and can't be caught because he never has in life.

I wonder also, if perhaps he has something againt UNR too. His crimes might be acting out against the university through its students, thinking he'll show UNR by attacking its students and causing panic and harm to the institution. Maybe someone who went to school there and didn't our couldn't finish. If he went and it got too difficult for him and his parents couldn't make the problem disappear this time, it would be the school's fault in his mind, not his.

Finally, I know Reno is on the other side of the state, but does it still have a larger Mormon population? I am wondering if the description of the suspect, which is fairly clean (shaven, not smelling of alcohol, tobacco, etc.) might be because of a stricter upbringing. Maybe a lapsed Mormon.

Excellent photos, EnvoyDriver! Thanks for taking the time to share them. :)

You could be right about her getting the red/blue bars from the ac controls confused at night with the radio.

I hadn't forgotten about the thin console, but she said it opened in the front. Does the trailblazer have this type of console? (I looked at so many on Ebay, I can't recall!) Also, do both the Envoy and the TB have the dome light in the front?

I think he borrows the car because he thinks it is a clever means to evade capture in his mind.

Given my scenario (which now doesn't make as much sense if the thong doesn't have his DNA on it), he's the baby of the family, selfish, and probably enjoys being the center of his family's attention. I think his parents might have had him in their late 40s, which would make them more like his grandparents and more lenient.

I think he does think he's smarter than the police; in his mind, he thinks he's smarter than 90 percent of the populace. He has skated a lot in his life and hasn't come against any real opposition and any that he has come across and cannot surmount, his family has stepped in and made excuses for him. He sees himself has worthy of so much more in life and thus, he is able to excuse his behavior regarding the rapes and now murder as things due him or payment for the wrongs in his life. He probably truly thinks his victims deserved what they had coming to them.

Regarding the car, I think that it is a Trailblazer or an Envoy for two reasons. One is that is the type of car the police are apparently looking at.

Here's a link. Look at Photo 9 in this set of photos.

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/g...PH&Params=Itemnr=1&rgj_description=&rgj_date=

I agree that he feels "entitled". He has low self esteem but has ego.

I think the step up description may be relative. Not everyone would need to step in an SUV. I kind of step into mine. However, I have to step up to my mother's Mazda Tribute because of the higher lip of the door. I'm 6"1" too.

And, the step up description was given by the person who was from Taiwan, wasn't it? On average, they are smaller people and to that victim, she might have had to step up, but perhaps not everyone has to.

No, I don't work in LE other than an occasional citizens patrol unit for the neighborhood.

I just think the perp thinks he's some kind of special and can't be caught because he never has in life.

I wonder also, if perhaps he has something againt UNR too. His crimes might be acting out against the university through its students, thinking he'll show UNR by attacking its students and causing panic and harm to the institution. Maybe someone who went to school there and didn't our couldn't finish. If he went and it got too difficult for him and his parents couldn't make the problem disappear this time, it would be the school's fault in his mind, not his.

Finally, I know Reno is on the other side of the state, but does it still have a larger Mormon population? I am wondering if the description of the suspect, which is fairly clean (shaven, not smelling of alcohol, tobacco, etc.) might be because of a stricter upbringing. Maybe a lapsed Mormon.

I doubt this has anything to do with UNR. If that were the case, there would be some indication left behind.

This is about power over women. This is about control. He has childhood trauma (Does not excuse actions nor consequences) that contributes to his actions, he does feel guilt which drives him to "escape" by going further in his actions. We are seeing that cycle playing out. In this case, it is my opinion, that it will lead to more violence to others or himself until he is caught or dead.

I doubt this has anything to do with UNR. If that were the case, there would be some indication left behind.

This is about power over women. This is about control. He has childhood trauma (Does not excuse actions nor consequences) that contributes to his actions, he does feel guilt which drives him to "escape" by going further in his actions. We are seeing that cycle playing out. In this case, it is my opinion, that it will lead to more violence to others or himself until he is caught or dead.

I don't see any indication of guilt from what is known about this guy. The attempted break in to the Dec. victim's apartment is indication of that IMO. I doubt he was going back to apologize.

I don't see any indication of guilt from what is known about this guy. The attempted break in to the Dec. victim's apartment is indication of that IMO. I doubt he was going back to apologize.

No, you won't see the guilt in his actions against these women. You, also, won't see the quite guy that is a good neighbor and coworker.

No, you won't see the guilt in his actions against these women. You, also, won't see the quite guy that is a good neighbor and coworker.

There are a couple of things that indicate lack of remorse IMO. Obviously I'll have to make some assumptions in terms of intent. First is his attempt to get to his December victim a second time. If one assumes that his intent was to harm her again then that shows entitlement, anger, revenge (as distorted as that is) etc...but not guilt.

Secondly, his use of violence is escalating. This is usually the result of the need for a higher level of stimulation to achieve the same level of satisfaction from the act. If he was indeed feeling guilt I would think he would make greater attempts to control the use of violence to avoid further feelings of guilt, which is usually seen as self-punishment. If you are a Freudian then guilt is seen as the superego's attempt to control the impulses of the id by "punishing" the ego with negative affect. I see this guy's punishment as being externally focused, not internally.

Also, if he did leave the PP thong to taunt police that also would indicate narcissism, which in turn indicates a lower ability to feel guilt. Any staging of the body (other than in a way that showed respect for the victim) falls into this category as well. The taking of the underwear or souvenirs is usually for the purpose of being used to relive the experience. It is human nature to not want to relive experiences that we feel badly about. Those are usually repressed, we make every effort not to think about them.

This guy may feel shame about who he is, or other things in his life but I'd be very, very surprised if he feels guilt about hurting these women. To see empathy from a person who would risk his own life to cause such pain and harm to others is just too difficult for me to grasp.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back