Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the clarification, I don't suppose you've been able to dig up any pics of JA from the memorial visit or better yet, her visit to RB on June 5th? Just occurred to me again while watching some of the first official interview with Det.F(the one where she came in in cuffs), JA's hair was much too short to have those long braids, imo. Btw, April 6, 2008, depending on the way someone enters the date on their camera(I still struggle trying to figure out dated grocery items...), could easily read as 06/04/2008 or 04/06/2008.

Warning: Murderess' face ahead!!

View attachment 89465

Excellent catch on the hair length, Val!

Looking at the even lighter pic, they could also be swim shoes (or aqua socks).
Anything fabric like with a sole, I guess.

I am not getting the point of even wearing socks over shoes anyway.
When soaked through they will still leave a print that is "shoe like". What is the goal?

It's so good to see you posting again, Ny!

I don't get the point of wearing socks over shoes either, just makes no sense. I don't think she had anything on her feet and haven't since I screenshotted this, the court camera caught the monitor in front of Flores while 5:32:16 was on the screen, look closely at the bottom left of that monitor, you can clearly see a bare foot and toe nails moving across the picture, I think that's also what's causing the 'fold' in the pant leg, her leg/foot moving upward:

53216foot.jpg

I don't get the point of wearing socks over shoes either, just makes no sense. I don't think she had anything on her feet and haven't since I screenshotted this, the court camera caught the monitor in front of Flores while 5:32:16 was on the screen, look closely at the bottom left of that monitor, you can clearly see a bare foot and toe nails moving across the picture, I think that's also what's causing the 'fold' in the pant leg, her leg/foot moving upward:

View attachment 89475

Hi Geev :seeya:
Hope your G-son is doing well :)
I have been watching some trials at work now, slowly getting back into my WS groove, lol.
Still miss having more time to watch and engage here though.

I am not seeing your bare foot. I see kind of what you may be seeing, but it's a bit of a blur to me.
Can you put a marker on where you see the toenails?
Are you supposing that she was kind of up on the ball of her foot trying to get leverage?

I've never seen any photos of her at the memorial and have difficulty believing any exist. Who would have taken one? Everyone but Dan F was shocked, appalled, disgusted, furious, or sickened by her being there.

I think she'd have loved nothing more than to take selfies with Mimi and Deanna....but nah.

I'm equally sure she took selfies at RB's with and without him in the shot, but I've never seen any.

But.....how about her selfie from June 3? The one of her in the car with newly dyed brown hair she took to memorialize that anticipation she was feeling about murdering him?

BBM - The only ones I've seen don't show her hair length.

View attachment 89475

I see the foot. Clear as day. Wow.

As an aside, her 18 pg letter to TA's grandmother specifically addresses her being barefoot. The ninja purposely stepped on her foot and she realized later her foot was swollen and she had a couple of bloody toenails. At the time I read that letter, I assumed Travis had stomped on her foot in a moment of struggle. Later I thought she was trying to remove herself from being the sock-wearing perpetrator. Of course how many ninja's wear socks? This case is crazy-making!

Hi Geev :seeya:
Hope your G-son is doing well :)
I have been watching some trials at work now, slowly getting back into my WS groove, lol.
Still miss having more time to watch and engage here though.

I am not seeing your bare foot. I see kind of what you may be seeing, but it's a bit of a blur to me.
Can you put a marker on where you see the toenails?
Are you supposing that she was kind of up on the ball of her foot trying to get leverage?

Here you go, I circled the area and put an arrow pointing to the most clear toe but they are in somewhat of a blur as they were likely moving quickly across and then up (no idea what she was doing but her whole foot is in motion):

53216toesarrow.jpg

You'll probably have to be on a computer or laptop to see it, a phone screen will probably be too small.

GS doing great, first birthday in 2 days, can you believe it??

I am not seeing socks over shoes personally, I think she just has some blocky arse feet.
My son has very "boxy" feet, we used to call them Fred Flintstones. It would not surprise me that big extremity Jodi has similar.

However, has anyone considered that she might be wearing slipper socks?
Sometimes they have a light sole attached.
It would make sense if planning a murder in a slippery location to want to wear something with grip, and she loved to shop so why not pick up some practical accessories?
Just a thought...

Maybe like these?-

View attachment 89466

That's a pretty good shape around the foot you picked out!

The problem is the eyelets for the laces as well as the laces going over the top of the tongue are very clear. I can see at least 3, evenly spaced.

The shoes are lace ups. The ankle of the shoe and top of the sock are under the pant leg, where they should be. Hightops and full ankle socks (they go above where the calf flares out) are always under the pant leg unless you are wearing floods. Jodi is wearing athletic pants that drape over the ankle bone.

The toes of the shoes Jodi is wearing don't look especially blocky or pointy to me. No problem getting blocky or normal or pointy shoes for everyday wear anyway: think Keens vs. Adidas vs. the brothel creepers you buy at Walmart vs. Sperry's vs. the narrow pair of black Ahnus I saw today (I soooooo wanted to photograph them with socks over them, cos the profile from the side is about right!). Personally, I like blocky shoes, but I have narrow feet.

The shoe on Jodi's foot has structure and a flat sole. This is very typical of sneakers. It's very easy to slop around in slipper socks because there's no structure.

The blurred outline of Jodi's foot covering is from a very lightly fuzzed fabric. This comes from a knit. Shoes are regularly treated on the outside, and are smooth.

You would not expect flesh to be showing below Jodi's pant leg if she's wearing socks and/or hightops.

I don't have any cheap black socks either to do my shoe-in-sock photo... Maybe I'll look for an odd sock at the laundromat.

I doubt slipper socks: they generally have a sole that kind of sticks out, or they have a cuff like the one you show. I have never seen them with laces and eyelets.

MOO: I spend a lot of time around shoes and socks.....

I see the foot. Clear as day. Wow.

As an aside, her 18 pg letter to TA's grandmother specifically addresses her being barefoot. The ninja purposely stepped on her foot and she realized later her foot was swollen and she had a couple of bloody toenails. At the time I read that letter, I assumed Travis had stomped on her foot in a moment of struggle. Later I thought she was trying to remove herself from being the sock-wearing perpetrator. Of course how many ninja's wear socks? This case is crazy-making!

Thanks, knew I wasn't just seeing stuff. ;) You can also see the bare foot to the right under the pant leg, I can't tell whether the foot is moving right or left as I also see blurs of toenails at the edge of the 'fold' (in the pant leg) and higher up, her foot is probably what hit the camera and made it take the picture as well, it's the only thing close enough to the lens to be able to, as far as I can tell.

Here you go, I circled the area and put an arrow pointing to the most clear toe but they are in somewhat of a blur as they were likely moving quickly across and then up (no idea what she was doing but her whole foot is in motion):

View attachment 89476

You'll probably have to be on a computer or laptop to see it, a phone screen will probably be too small.

You guys are taking me back to the whole white dress, blue dress, gold dress internet craze with the foot thing!

I see a foot, which yes, looks covered in a sock or some sort of spandex material, and poor Travis head turned ever so slightly to the right, his right arm above him and his foot pointing to the right. I guess she would have worn a sock thinking it would keep blood off of her shoes or make her shoe print unidentifiable???

View attachment 89476

I see very clearly what you see. Maybe it's JA's hand sweeping by, not foot. It now looks more like fingers than toes.

View attachment 89476

Isn't this the same pic with your creepy JA face too?

TAgeevee1.jpg

I see very clearly what you see. Maybe it's JA's hand sweeping by, not foot. It now looks more like fingers than toes.

The nails just seem too squared off to be fingernails, but it's certainly possible, they are hard to see.

One thing I noticed in Juan's book was that JA's whole family (including her grandmother) said she lived with her grandparents during high school, because of problems between her and her mother. Her grandmother said she would wake her up every morning, thinking she was heading to school, but realized later she was skipping school and hanging out with Bobby. She lived with her grandparents until she turned 18 and then moved out of her grandparents house to live with Bobby. Remember JA's detailed story about being grounded for 3 months by her mean father when she was just cutting class to study for a test, so she slowly moved things out of her house over to Bobby's, then overslept on the couch when she supposed to make her big break, so she picked up her cat and walked out of the house for good while her mother cooked breakfast... Blah blah blah... Wow, the stories she weaves! No wonder her family couldn't be put on the stand.

I enjoyed Juan's book and was happy to buy it to support him. He must be restricted in what he can say and being a conscientious professional would not risk overstepping the mark. Appeals have still to be heard. I enjoyed learning about his methodology and thought process.

I wish he would have detailed catching her out lying about the finger injury. That was one of the unforgettable moments of the trial. I learned a few new things. I hope his next book is able to detail more.

I see it too and suggest it may be a reflection from fingers on the desk onto the monitor screen. There was so much glare in court. The pic in JM's book doesn't have the same ghostly fingernails. Spooky.

Thanks for the clarification, I don't suppose you've been able to dig up any pics of JA from the memorial visit or better yet, her visit to RB on June 5th? Just occurred to me again while watching some of the first official interview with Det.F(the one where she came in in cuffs), JA's hair was much too short to have those long braids, imo. Btw, April 6, 2008, depending on the way someone enters the date on their camera(I still struggle trying to figure out dated grocery items...), could easily read as 06/04/2008 or 04/06/2008.

Here's a photo (below) from her 48 hours interview in July. Closest to June 4 that I can find for now that shows hair length.

FWIW, I have long hair. The amount it grows in one month is negligible. Also, about braids. The thicker the hair, the shorter braids can make it look.

Her hair looks pretty thin, IMO, so I'd guess-timate that her hair was no more than an inch or so longer than the braids on June 4th look to be.

(My elderly hair is thin now too. Just braided it as an experiment to see how much it shortened, and it essentially didn't...less than half an inch at most).

Taking into account how the braids are draped in front over that fugly body, and the angle at which the fugly's positioned herself, the length of hair in that pic IMO doesn't disprove it was taken on June 4.

ETA. Grrr. WS won't upload from this stupid phone's downloads, just from camera. But...Google " photo of jodi arias 48 hours" and several pop up.

View attachment 89475

The fold that is shown is very normal for that kind of fabric/pants where the pant leg drapes over the shoe. I have no doubt that the fold would be exaggerated at a pant cuff that is draped over a sock because of friction.

I enjoyed Juan's book and was happy to buy it to support him. He must be restricted in what he can say and being a conscientious professional would not risk overstepping the mark. Appeals have still to be heard. I enjoyed learning about his methodology and thought process.

I wish he would have detailed catching her out lying about the finger injury. That was one of the unforgettable moments of the trial. I learned a few new things. I hope his next book is able to detail more.

Where was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member