Proving the McCann's innocence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new to this thread, but I just spent the morning doing a bit of reading and watching videos on this case and it's clear to me that Robert Murat is guilty as hell of something and probably sociopathic, so I'm wondering why there isn't an ongoing thread about his possible involvement. Did I miss it?

Hi, I'm new to this thread, but I just spent the morning doing a bit of reading and watching videos on this case and it's clear to me that Robert Murat is guilty as hell of something and probably sociopathic, so I'm wondering why there isn't an ongoing thread about his possible involvement. Did I miss it?

Eh? How do you work out hes guilty as hell and probably sociopathic?

When the case first happened..i too thought the McCanns were innocent and i really thought that Robert Murat was involved. However..there was only two reasons he was ever made a arguido..first because Lowri Campbell went to the Pjs. Shes a reporter here on one of the dailies. Now..because Murat had dared to translate for people..and search. for Madeleine...( ok ok maybe it was seen to be unusual after looking at the McCanns and there friends but still..) she told the Pjs that he reminded her of Ian Huntley ( a guy in Soham who killed two young girls called Holly and Jessica) ie..a guy who showed an interest in the case but was really a murderer...so...cos Murat showed an interest...it followed he was Ian Huntley second. In addition..three of the McCanns friends said that they saw him peering through the apartment that night it happened. However he was in fact with his mother. Murat does look like one of the accusers husbands though and IMO he was implicated possibly to draw attention of Payne ( if there should be any). Saying that im still not entirely sure he didnt know Tanner and Obrien before the trip.

Murat is very well respected in that area. There was lots of people around that night and yet not ONE local saw Murat around. His ex is very very complimentary about him also and hasnt took the change to trash him at all.

He has a alibi for the night in question so why would there be a thread about his involvement? Do you think Murat somehow kidnapped Madeleine and dumped her in the McCanns car?

I do think the way he was treated was appalling when you consider the way the McCanns were treated. I am pretty certain it would make people think twice in future about trying to help :(

Thanks for taking the time to respond so thoroughly to a newbie.

Two factors raised my antennae with respect to RM:

1. He inserted himself into the investigation - always suspicious, and

2. I watched a taped interview with him and afterwards you'll note I specifically said, "he's guilty of something..... sociopathic." Why? Because he was lying and posturing - both his body language and verbal responses shout it. Now, he may ONLY be guilty of being unstable and attention seeking, but having someone like that insert himself into the case ought to have raised everyone's antennae. Have you all turned your considerable sleuthing skills back to him in awhile? Sometimes fresh starts can turn something up. For example did I read his alibi was his MOTHER? OK, I'm smiling at that one!

I'll save other comments for other posts. In the meantime I'm going to research more about this case.

Thank you again!

Thanks for taking the time to respond so thoroughly to a newbie.

Two factors raised my antennae with respect to RM:

1. He inserted himself into the investigation - always suspicious, and

2. I watched a taped interview with him and afterwards you'll note I specifically said, "he's guilty of something..... sociopathic." Why? Because he was lying and posturing - both his body language and verbal responses shout it. Now, he may ONLY be guilty of being unstable and attention seeking, but having someone like that insert himself into the case ought to have raised everyone's antennae. Have you all turned your considerable sleuthing skills back to him in awhile? Sometimes fresh starts can turn something up. For example did I read his alibi was his MOTHER? OK, I'm smiling at that one!

I'll save other comments for other posts. In the meantime I'm going to research more about this case.

Thank you again!

The reason he got involved was because he is part Portugese and did in fact do translating work for the police in Norwich when he lived there. Therefore i think its safe to say that the police here in England trusted him. Murat lives just a few hundred yards from the apartment where the McCanns are staying. The pjs understandably didnt speak much English..and Murat..a local guy could speak both English and Portugese fluently. He has a little girl..more or less Madeleienes age and that inspired him to get involved also. She lives here in England.

Regarding his mother giving him the alibi. Like i said he is well known and respected in that area. Lots of the villagers were out that night and not ONE of them saw him out. Just the McCann friends allegedly saw him peering through there window.

The fact is..Murats home was completely gone over with a fine tooth comb. His garden was dug over and not one scrap of evidence was found. His pc was taken and again..no evidence. He went through so much crap... just because he volunteered to help translate to help and find a missing girl. Thats crazy :(

At the end of the day...as i said there was not a scrap of evidence that Murat was involved. He could be involved in something shady OFC..but there is nothing to suggest hes involved with what happened on May 3rd. It wasnt his clothes the dogs hit on. It wasnt Murats car the dogs hit o n ( and yes the dogs checked his car also)...it wasnt Murat who had his doors open in his car continually to get rid of the awful smell. It wasnt Murats friends who was lieing and said things that made no sense.

Putting it simply..everything comes back to the McCanns. MOO

There was never any evidence against Murat, and the only identification of him as being anywhere near the scene was made days and weeks after the fact; as well, it was by members of the Tapas diners--whose testimony can hardly be considered unbiased.

From all accounts the entire small town and resort staff were up, looking for Madeleine, and in general, out and about. Murat was out along with other people wanting to help.

As Isabella said, for that he basically had his life ruined.

Feel free to look at anything about Murat and say anything but it's so been there done there and done that in hundreds of posts previously. You can go through all the previous threads at your leisure.

Looking at Kate and Gerry's actions separately you don't see much to incriminate them. But as a whole they sure appear guilty to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member