Psych Profile- Elizabeth Johnson

I think since she was sent there by LE, they could be notified is releases were signed by EJ.

B...now that really disturbs me...really,really disturbs me...

Why is this medication prescribed?

Lithium is used to treat and prevent episodes of mania (frenzied, abnormally excited mood) in people with bipolar disorder (manic-depressive disorder; a disease that causes episodes of depression, episodes of mania, and other abnormal moods). Lithium is in a class of medications called antimanic agents. It works by decreasing abnormal activity in the brain.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000531

Why is this medication prescribed?

Lithium is used to treat and prevent episodes of mania (frenzied, abnormally excited mood) in people with bipolar disorder (manic-depressive disorder; a disease that causes episodes of depression, episodes of mania, and other abnormal moods). Lithium is in a class of medications called antimanic agents. It works by decreasing abnormal activity in the brain.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000531

And I can state from experience that lithium is NO truth serum. I have seen both clients AND a bipolar family member lie outrageously while on lithium. They just lie with a more 'calm' demeanor. :twocents:

I just had to come back to also state this, very sadly:

A person who baaadly needs to be taking lithium, and who is also BPD from childhood abandonment issues, and who has a history of bad rages and poor impulse control, is quite capable of doing serious harm if left alone and off medication. Bizarre violence can happen very quickly, with lightening speed, even while being watched closely.

My bipolar dil could not be left alone with her 3-6 month old daughter for a single SECOND when she was seriously ill from being off her medication for the birth and breastfeeding. When precious Gabriel disappeared, I moved so I could take care of both my granddaughter and ill dil. It was MUCH MUCH easier caring for an infant than caring for a seriously bipolar BPD'd adult woman. It took two adults at all times, full focus, every single second. Without my big, strong husband there to intervene, there were several times we might have lost our granddaughter, and we were BOTH present and on-task every second. Eventually, our dil had to be hospitalized.

God bless Gabriel, and may angels watch over him.

Yes it is a very effective medication for BiPolar Disorder. From reading the hand written motion to change counsel, I would say it is working quite well. However, no drug can treat Borderline Personality Disorder. Also the motion to dismiss strikes me as a last ditch effort to avoid giving Gabriel up. We may be close to learning what really happened. If this goes to trial, I fear that may indicate Gabriel may be dead.

I believe lithium is used to treat bipolar disorder.

Elizabeth Johnson's Attorney Alleges Unlawful Questioning
Lawyers file motion to dismiss on Friday
Updated: Friday, 08 Oct 2010, 6:29 PM MDT
Published : Friday, 08 Oct 2010, 6:29 PM MDT

According to court paperwork, Johnson was on lithium during the questioning.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/justice/elizabeth-johnson-unlawful-questioning-10-8-2010

Personally, I think she may have been misdiagnosed, or 'under-diagnosed'. That is, I think she has a long-term disorder, perhaps bipolar, that was untreated, and on top of that I think she also developed PPD or even PPP. .

I am bipolar. This woman presents nothing indicative of bipolar disorder or any type of mood disorder to me. She's got some definite personality disorders going on though. I think the term you are looking for is borderline personality disorder - people often get these confused. The violent rages and manipulation is definitely, definitely borderline.

Characteristics of borderlines include:
- frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment
A pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation
Identity disturbance, such as a significant and persistent unstable self-image or sense of self
Impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., spending, sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, binge eating)
Recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, or threats, or self-mutilating behavior
Emotional instability due to significant reactivity of mood (e.g., intense episodic dysphoria, irritability, or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days)
Chronic feelings of emptiness
Inappropriate, intense anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights)
Transient, stress-related paranoid thoughts or severe dissociative symptoms

Also, her years in foster care could have resulted in some type of reactive attachment disorder, or avoidant personality. Attachment disorders are common in children who grow up in foster care situations - they basically fail to "attach" to a caregiver the way that you and I attach to and develop love for our parents as babies, because they've been bounced around to so many different caregivers. They either learn not to attach at all and therefore fail to develop empathy for other people, or overly attach to certain people and can become jealous and possessive, and can react violently if rejected - EJ's relationship with Gabe's father comes to mind.

Both borderline personality disorder and attachment disorder can produce a very dangerous and scary adult such as EJ.

Yes it is a very effective medication for BiPolar Disorder. From reading the hand written motion to change counsel, I would say it is working quite well. However, no drug can treat Borderline Personality Disorder. Also the motion to dismiss strikes me as a last ditch effort to avoid giving Gabriel up. We may be close to learning what really happened. If this goes to trial, I fear that may indicate Gabriel may be dead.

I think she's totally playing everyone. She's faking bipolar when she's clearly a borderline. Borderlines are dangerous to even their psychiatrists because they can manipulate people so easily into thinking they are harmless. I think she's enjoying the amount of control she has over her current situation - if she isn't "competent" she can't go to trial. Not showing up for court is another way she gains control. I think she's enjoying the attention of people hanging on to her every word the way Casey Anthony did. It makes a lot of sense - her entire childhood was spent with no control over the adults around her, where she lived, who she lived with, etc. She gets to control the situation now and get all sorts of attention for it, good or bad.

If she did kill Gabriel, I don't think she thinks it was wrong... Maybe she thinks she gave birth to Gabriel, and he's HER object, and she can dispose of her object when and how she feels like it.

Makes perfect sense to me. She probably feels that she was "disposed of" by her parents as a child by being passed off to other families. Giving him to another couple for illegal adoption might not sound wrong to her either. Maybe she's never felt attached to Gabriel the way a mom should be because she herself never felt maternal love from her own mother.

I am bipolar. This woman presents nothing indicative of bipolar disorder or any type of mood disorder to me. She's got some definite personality disorders going on though. I think the term you are looking for is borderline personality disorder - people often get these confused. The violent rages and manipulation is definitely, definitely borderline.

Characteristics of borderlines include:
- frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment
A pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation
Identity disturbance, such as a significant and persistent unstable self-image or sense of self
Impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., spending, sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, binge eating)
Recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, or threats, or self-mutilating behavior
Emotional instability due to significant reactivity of mood (e.g., intense episodic dysphoria, irritability, or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days)
Chronic feelings of emptiness
Inappropriate, intense anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights)
Transient, stress-related paranoid thoughts or severe dissociative symptoms

Also, her years in foster care could have resulted in some type of reactive attachment disorder, or avoidant personality. Attachment disorders are common in children who grow up in foster care situations - they basically fail to "attach" to a caregiver the way that you and I attach to and develop love for our parents as babies, because they've been bounced around to so many different caregivers. They either learn not to attach at all and therefore fail to develop empathy for other people, or overly attach to certain people and can become jealous and possessive, and can react violently if rejected - EJ's relationship with Gabe's father comes to mind.

Both borderline personality disorder and attachment disorder can produce a very dangerous and scary adult such as EJ.

What I understand is borderline is mainly driven by rejection and abandonment, not so with bipolar.

http://www.psycheducation.org/depression/borderline.htm
http://www.borderlinepersonalitytoday.com/main/telling.htm

I have heard people with both borderline and narcissistic personality disorders are bad news and can be dangerous.

What I understand is borderline is mainly driven by rejection and abandonment, not so with bipolar.

http://www.psycheducation.org/depression/borderline.htm
http://www.borderlinepersonalitytoday.com/main/telling.htm

I have heard people with both borderline and narcissistic personality disorders are bad news and can be dangerous.

Yes to that!!!

It's always been my belief that both these females were similarly afflicted and their meeting produced the perfectly-horrendous storm.

Poor Gabriel. Poor Logan. And poor Jack; he just doesn't have enough sense to know it.

How she is not in Prison baffles me. Though if Casey Anthony can get off I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore. I don't believe for one second she gave him to Tammy or did a black market adoption. IMO there were too many places she could've disposed of him on the way to Miami and she wanted to punish Logan. She IMO knew if she gave him to someone there was a chance Logan would get him back

💘 💘Love always wins 💘 💘

How she is not in Prison baffles me. Though if Casey Anthony can get off I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore. I don't believe for one second she gave him to Tammy or did a black market adoption. IMO there were too many places she could've disposed of him on the way to Miami and she wanted to punish Logan. She IMO knew if she gave him to someone there was a chance Logan would get him back

 Love always wins  

I agree. She suffocated him and threw his body in the trash just like she said.

But she's such an out of control borderline IMO. I'm waiting for her to go back to jail for something else.

I really have a hard time with this case. I am not sure if it is because it was right on the heels of the Anthony case and I had lost faith in our justice system for that or what but, this girl knew exactly what she did, when she did it. I believe he is deceased also. But, I had a feeling when I watched the Anthony case on tv that the outcome was just a start in a domino effect that was going to grip this country because, mothers had seen Anthony walk.I swear Anthony is the anti- Christ.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back