Psych Profile- Elizabeth Johnson

I would like to see what the psychologists decide from evaluating her. Up to now, it's all been speculation...it would be interesting to see what people think in regards to what her mental state was in December.

She's medicated!!!

Mental state of Baby Gabriel's mom to be evaluated

A Maricopa County Superior Court judge on Tuesday ruled the mental state of Elizabeth Johnson, the mother of missing Baby Gabriel Johnson, should be evaluated.

Johnson’s evaluation will include her level of competency and whether she has any mental illnesses.

Judge Paul McMurdie allowed the motion requested by Johnson’s attorney, Nicholas Alcock, who has been representing Johnson for about two weeks and appeared with her in court for the first time on Tuesday. Alcock cited that Johnson was heavily medicated by Maricopa County jail doctors after a recent stay in the psychiatric unit and she remains on medication.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/153095

"after a recent stay"?

She's off the psych unit?

She's medicated!!!

A Maricopa County Superior Court judge on Tuesday ruled the mental state of Elizabeth Johnson, the mother of missing Baby Gabriel Johnson, should be evaluated.

Johnson’s evaluation will include her level of competency and whether she has any mental illnesses.

Judge Paul McMurdie allowed the motion requested by Johnson’s attorney, Nicholas Alcock, who has been representing Johnson for about two weeks and appeared with her in court for the first time on Tuesday. Alcock cited that Johnson was heavily medicated by Maricopa County jail doctors after a recent stay in the psychiatric unit and she remains on medication.

"after a recent stay"?

Our justice system for ya....she should have had an evaluation long time ago...which we don't know if she did or did not....my best guess is she did not...my goodness... If she is still on medication, heavily, I would not think she is just in her basic cell....
I think she made a deal...and the deal is going beyond the time frame she thought it should...and gezzzz louise...getting kinda crazy from here!MOO

/snipped/

My issue with her stating she killed him to LM, is that she NEVER admits doing anything wrong. Not when she was arrested for her apartment tirade and there were witnesses, not when she was arraigned and it was pointed out to her that she fled and kept Gabriel from his father who had joint custody, and not when she sprayed the other inmates and there is video...I'm sure there's more, but I'm only on cup 1 of my coffee. Why on Earth would she tell it like it is, so to speak, and tell LM she killed him. She would never had admitted that if true, IMO.

If she did kill Gabriel, I don't think she thinks it was wrong... Maybe she thinks she gave birth to Gabriel, and he's HER object, and she can dispose of her object when and how she feels like it.

She assaults 2 inmates (caught on video no less), and then says she didn't do it.
Is it possible then, she harmed Gabriel (admits on SMS, and tells LM to get back at him), and then say she didn't do it.
Seems like a pattern of hers... I think she has mental issues, but not enough to NOT know what she's doing, her mental issue is more "denial and extreme selfishness/self righteousness"... so it's not like she couldn't control hurting someone, but more like she thinks it's OK for her to do anything as long as she just pretends it never happened, including murder! MOO.

She's medicated!!!

"after a recent stay"?

Thank goodness she's on meds, that may be our best chance of getting the full truth out of her IMO. Obviously they have evaluated her somewhat and do think she has a mental illness if she was heavily medicated and remains on medication unless it for depression or antianxiety. She did write a will and went on a hunger strike so being suicidal alone will get you on some meds I'm sure. I wish we knew what she was taking.

If she did kill Gabriel, I don't think she thinks it was wrong... Maybe she thinks she gave birth to Gabriel, and he's HER object, and she can dispose of her object when and how she feels like it.

She assaults 2 inmates (caught on video no less), and then says she didn't do it.
Is it possible then, she harmed Gabriel (admits on SMS, and tells LM to get back at him), and then say she didn't do it.
Seems like a pattern of hers... I think she has mental issues, but not enough to NOT know what she's doing, her mental issue is more "denial and extreme selfishness/self righteousness"... so it's not like she couldn't control hurting someone, but more like she thinks it's OK for her to do anything as long as she just pretends it never happened, including murder! MOO.

It's true - Elizabeth has, twice, that I know of, said she didn't do something that she obviously had - destroying the apartment and assaulting her fellow inmates.

I see some very important and distinct differences though in those two incidents, and when she said she killed Gabe.

- In those two incidents, she said she didn't do something she had obviously done. In the incident in which she said she had killed Gabe, there was nothing to say she'd obviously done it - no evidence, as there was in the other two incidents.

- In those two incidents, so far as I know, she didn't go back and give an alternative explanation. When she said she killed Gabe however, she not only gave an alternative explanation, there is supporting corroboration for that explanation.

If all three incidents were the same, then 1) there would be obvious evidence that she killed Gabe with which she'd be confronted and she'd stand there in the face of it and deny it, and 2) she would have offered no alternative explanation for what happened to Gabe.

MOO

I honestly think if she killed Gabriel she would of made up some elaborate story about how it wasn't her fault, an accident of some sort-his fault. It just seems she tries to justify all of her actions be it wrong or right and refuses to accept resposibilty for anything. I'm still amazed that she truly feels people should think she's done this great thing by giving Gabriel away to strangers. "Adoptions happen all the time", those were her words. Ya legal ones where both biological parents consent. Does she truly see it this way or is this just how she lives with herself? She pictures Gabriel with this happy family when in reality she knows nothing about this couple. Her ability to distingush wrong from right is so immature. She really is like a 15 year old. She seems to only want to picture situations that show her in a good light or benefit her in some way.

I honestly think if she killed Gabriel she would of made up some elaborate story about how it wasn't her fault, an accident of some sort-his fault. It just seems she tries to justify all of her actions be it wrong or right and refuses to accept resposibilty for anything. I'm still amazed that she truly feels people should think she's done this great thing by giving Gabriel away to strangers. "Adoptions happen all the time", those were her words. Ya legal ones where both biological parents consent. Does she truly see it this way or is this just how she lives with herself? She pictures Gabriel with this happy family when in reality she knows nothing about this couple. Her ability to distingush wrong from right is so immature. She really is like a 15 year old. She seems to only want to picture situations that show her in a good light or benefit her in some way.

I don't think she really thinks people should think she's done a good thing, and I don't think she pictures Gabe with a happy family. . I think it's the same kind of bluff and bravado that motivates her to say she didn't assault the inmates. Thumbing her nose. Saying outrageous things and daring people to say otherwise. "Kiss my a@@, suckahs".

I don't remember her saying adoptions happen all the time. Is that the jail interview?

I don't think she really thinks people should think she's done a good thing, and I don't think she pictures Gabe with a happy family. . I think it's the same kind of bluff and bravado that motivates her to say she didn't assault the inmates. Thumbing her nose. Saying outrageous things and daring people to say otherwise. "Kiss my a@@, suckahs".

I don't remember her saying adoptions happen all the time. Is that the jail interview?

I'm sorry, I should of included a link. Yes from the jailhouse interview. I remembered it wrong about the "adoptions happen all the time". I think I just perceived it that way due to the comments below-it was not a quote, sorry. In this interview, I think it does sound like she thought there wasn't anything wrong with giving Gabriel to strangers. She's defending her actions in a few different comments. See below.

Snipped jailhouse interview:
Reporter: Does this sound normal in your mind? For a mom to hand over their baby to people that they don't know just because they were...
EJ: Yeah. I did it before, and no one had a problem with it. Everyone commended me and thought I did such a great thing.

Reporter: So, in other words, you really don't know if your son is alive or not?
(Long pause).
EJ: Um, I, ee, know that he is.
Reporter: How?
EJ: I believe it..
Reporter: You believe that he is, but you don't know for a fact that your son is alive?
(Pause)
EJ: I mean, I'm in jail, how could I know anything?
Reporter: But, you understand how serious this is? Because of what Tammi is telling me that right now because you said you killed your son, because you don't know who has him or where he is..
EJ: I wanted him to leave me alone. (inaudible)
Reporter: I understand, but hear me out, you sent that text message that said you killed your son, you're telling us now you don't know who has him or where he is. Do you know how serious that looks against you?
EJ: I really don't. I, I, you know, I did the same thing with giving away the baby to Tammi, and everybody, you know, no one had a problem with it, everybody said it was such a good thing and commended me and I don't understand what the problem is now. Reporter: You really don't understand that there is a problem with the fact that you don't know who has your child right now, that you don't know if he's alive or not?
(Pause.)
EJ: I mean, when you give up your child for adoption, you don't really know where the people live or anything.

I'm sorry, I should of included a link. Yes from the jailhouse interview. I remembered it wrong about the "adoptions happen all the time". I think I just perceived it that way due to the comments below-it was not a quote, sorry. In this interview, I think it does sound like she thought there wasn't anything wrong with giving Gabriel to strangers. She's defending her actions in a few different comments. See below.

I know she defends her actions, but it's extreme in relation to the questions asked - too extreme - going overboard. "No one had a problem with it." "Everyone commended me" "everybody said it was such a good thing". It's not believable. Know what I mean? It lacks sincerity because it's just too much. And because it's not true. Logan was losing his mind not knowing where Gabe was. LE arrested her because she wouldn't say what she'd done with Gabe. She knew perfectly well that "everyone and everybody" didn't think it was great, and that people - including LE - had a huge problem with it.

Is it possible that Elizabeth ...
- Gave an alternative explanation, after she got caught by LE... when she realizes that she will face life in prison / death penalty if she didn't have an alt explanation?
- Supporting corroboration can't be proven yet, either way. As far as we know, this couple could exist, but could just as easily be imaginery.
Given there's no composite released, I'd guess that her description hasn't been consistent or helpful, or maybe she didn't even offer a detailed description at all.

It's just very hard for me to believe that a stranger couple just appears out of the blue in a park and takes a baby and hides him so well that no one has a sighting of him in 4+ months, leaving no trail at all. IDK, maybe it does happens all the time.... ? In the first 1-2 months, I was really hopeful and believed EJ, but as time passes, it's hard to... and seeing her recent antics also makes me think her mental state is questionable, which doesn't bode well.

And if this stranger couple was setup by TS, then I'd think all those evidence from her computer would lead LE somewhere. She hasn't been too smart about hiding things from the media/Facebook, at least before her lawyer came onboard.

She's medicated!!!

"after a recent stay"?

Sounds like they have her chemically restrained.

Thank goodness she's on meds, that may be our best chance of getting the full truth out of her IMO. Obviously they have evaluated her somewhat and do think she has a mental illness if she was heavily medicated and remains on medication unless it for depression or antianxiety. She did write a will and went on a hunger strike so being suicidal alone will get you on some meds I'm sure. I wish we knew what she was taking.

I think she is "crazy" like a fox. I do believe that she is manipulating everyone, including the Sheriff!

I think she is "crazy" like a fox. I do believe that she is manipulating everyone, including the Sheriff!

I think the Sheriff got her number now though.

I think she may well have psychotic episodes. It's hard to know if she's having one now with so little info, but if I had to call it, I'd say no. Just temper tantrums.

I dunno.... Everytime she has lied that we know about, she simply says she didn't do it, even with 100% evidence that she did. I kinda think maybe she's always done that; simply say "I didn't do it" and have raging temper tantrums if anyone called her on her BS.

I dunno.... Everytime she has lied that we know about, she simply says she didn't do it, even with 100% evidence that she did. I kinda think maybe she's always done that; simply say "I didn't do it" and have raging temper tantrums if anyone called her on her BS.

Yes, and that's not what she did in this case. She gave an explanation of what happened. She didn't do that in the other cases where she did something and then denied it.

I thought of a third similar incident from the ones we've been discussing above. The day she wouldn't say what she'd done with Gabe, went to Logan's place of work and tore it up, wouldn't say where Gabe was until finally LE arrested her. Then she said what happened - that she'd given him to the Smiths, and LE checked it out, and indeed she'd been truthful.

That seems to support that when she said hadn't after all killed Gabe, but given him to the couple at the park, that she was telling the truth.

I've been thinking about how EJ re-homed her dogs. She must have cared enough about them to find homes for them (plus of course the extra cash which I do not believe was substantial). I wonder how she treated those dogs when she had them. That would be interesting to know. I think EJ re-homed Gabriel just like she did with her dogs. I think she had some feelings towards Gabriel, otherwise she would not of had to drink heavily the day she gave him away.

I've been thinking about how EJ re-homed her dogs. She must have cared enough about them to find homes for them (plus of course the extra cash which I do not believe was substantial). I wonder how she treated those dogs when she had them. That would be interesting to know. I think EJ re-homed Gabriel just like she did with her dogs. I think she had some feelings towards Gabriel, otherwise she would not of had to drink heavily the day she gave him away.

I think the police report on when she trashed the apartment that one time (linked in the Important Links sticky thread) gives us an idea of how she treated her dogs. LE found one dog walking around leaving a trail of blood. When she was yelling at someone although nobody was there, I've thought it was one or more of her dogs she may have been yelling at.

IRT Elizabeth's drinking - do you mean that you believe she was drinking the morning she gave Gabe away, i.e., prior to 10am on Dec 27? Only that morning? If so, what leads you to believe that?

ITA here BeanE.

"Leave me alone!" and "Get away from me!!" could have been directed at the dogs IMO.

ITA here BeanE.

"Leave me alone!" and "Get away from me!!" could have been directed at the dogs IMO.

Oh wow...I never even thought about it like that! It seems obvious now, lol. Dog senses she's upset, and keeps trying to jump on her lap, or getting under her feet or something...yeah...I see that. I get upset with my super pushy pet when I'm really not in the mood for them. :blushing:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back