Python Tries to Eat Alligator, Explodes

ehzllz.jpg

Magnum PI said:
1=snake, 2=alligator, 3=snake

Ewwwww, Thanks MPI and Jules - I see it now. I was honestly thinking that #1 was the alligator, it looks like an alligator body to me - I cannot even imagine a snake being THAT big!!! That's not a snake, it's a monster! So, we can't see the snake or alligators heads in this picture, and the snake exploding made it turn sideways (U-shaped). Ick, ick, and more ick!

Most welcome... not something you'd like to see slithering through your backyard, eh?

OMG - there is NO WAY I could EVER live ANYWHERE where there are snakes like that!!

Jules said:
In other words, the snake burst in half and forms a "u." Ugh, there went my appetite. ;)

I'm assuming the snake's head would be under water on the end of #3. I would assume the alligator was swallowed head first.

Hope this helps.
This is how I picture it (right or wrong). Before the snake exploded, the alligator was completely swallowed inside the snake. The snake's digestive system could handle such a big object and exploded causing the snake to split in half, thus exposing the lower half of the alligator which hadn't been digested yet.

nanandjim said:
This is how I picture it (right or wrong). Before the snake exploded, the alligator was completely swallowed inside the snake. The snake's digestive system could handle such a big object and exploded causing the snake to split in half, thus exposing the lower half of the alligator which hadn't been digested yet.

Yep, I would think you are correct. :crazy:

SieSie said:
http://tinypic.com/ehzllz.jpg

Ewwwww, Thanks MPI and Jules - I see it now. I was honestly thinking that #1 was the alligator, it looks like an alligator body to me - I cannot even imagine a snake being THAT big!!! That's not a snake, it's a monster! So, we can't see the snake or alligators heads in this picture, and the snake exploding made it turn sideways (U-shaped). Ick, ick, and more ick!
It's not the biggest one I've seen. I've worked both in a zoo and at a carny sideshow. I've personally fed a live rabbit to a 25 ft. python, and watched a zoo keeper feed a small (mercifully dead) piglet to a 35 footer. You would not believe the speed of these things when they strike.

I wonder if an Alka Seltzer could have prevented this. :waitasec:

BillyGoatGruff said:
It's not the biggest one I've seen. I've worked both in a zoo and at a carny sideshow. I've personally fed a live rabbit to a 25 ft. python, and watched a zoo keeper feed a small (mercifully dead) piglet to a 35 footer. You would not believe the speed of these things when they strike.
How fast can they move on the ground when they're that large? Doesn't seem like they'd really slither like the little garden snakes I grew up seeing. I still just can't believe that these things are out in the public - I could NEVER live somewhere where they're just out on the loose like that!!!

Sally said:
I wonder if an Alka Seltzer could have prevented this. :waitasec:
LOL! I was thinking that earlier today when I finally figured out exactly what I was seeing - Tums or Rolaids crossed my mind. :waitasec:

BillyGoatGruff said:
I watched a friend try to feed a mouse to his snake, and the snake grabbed his hand by mistake...why do people want snakes as pets? This is why we will have a snake problem..from well meaning pet owners...mpi

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back