Q & A ABOUT THE CASE**ask a question, leave an answer**NO DISCUSSION**#2

1,,If the MH has an attachment, I don't know how it can be legal. That would also show me that the MH is owned by Sykes/Cummings and parked on EK's property. So that makes it illegal if there is no parcel for 105. I don't know the laws in Florida...but I thought you had to have a 911 parcel number that was attached to your address.

Have you ever heard about anyone adding on to a single wide trailer worth about $3,000? I am not able to mentally grasp that.:banghead:

2,,Gma Sykes owned a boat. She/Husband was in the crab fishing business for twenty years according to her statement. She has a boat registered in her name. There was also a Jon Boat, IIRC, that was taken into custody from the MH...correct?

3..Re: ron being questioned during the dock search. According to Shoemaker he was joining the family at the police station to inform them about Haleigh's case being a homicide and ron was to prepare for a funeral. Take that for what's its worth..that is a Defense Attorney speaking.

i just want to point out that illegal additions to valueless mobile homes is done all the time in tiny towns and out lying areas in Fl.

There's little work and less money in these places and a roof over your kids head is better than sleeping in the rain. I know many people that live in what would be considered shanties by most of America.

townships tolerate it because there's no alternative. this really isn't unusual in this part of the world. Nor is free food distribution or free clothing stores. we have a 50 cent store in the next biggest town, all clothing is 50 cent. Lot of people buy everything they own from there.

Just wondering if any one knows why Tommy is still in SJ's and not back in prison.
I find this odd...is there only certain times they can transport?

My guess is Tommy is back in prison and St. Johns County is for some reason not updating that information. I noticed that the SJSO site showed Misty in jail during the time she was actually in court on October 8. The counties are just lax in updating sometimes, IMO, and Vinelink gets info from the county. Also Vinelink is also not always quick to update.

I seem to remember in the beginning reading that "someone" in the Cummings family had worked for the Sheriff's Department at one time.

Who was that?
When were they employed with the Sheriff's Dept?
What was the position they held?

thanks

I seem to remember in the beginning reading that "someone" in the Cummings family had worked for the Sheriff's Department at one time.

Who was that?
When were they employed with the Sheriff's Dept?
What was the position they held?

thanks

Yes, you're right. TN worked for the sheriff's dept. as a dispatcher, but I don't think she was working at the time Haleigh went missing. Supposedly she was recouping from an accident.

Didn't we hear about an air-conditioning repairman being at the mobile home that afternoon/evening? Did we ever hear what he had to say?

Hi janice!

Yes, it was reported there was an AC guy there to do service on the unit. However, LE has never released the name of this individual. Thanks to one of Misty's failed tests she did reveal that the AC guy worked for Artic Air, and that one of Ron's family members was married or had been married to someone who had worked for the same company, and that was how she remembered the name of the company.

My guess is Tommy is back in prison and St. Johns County is for some reason not updating that information. I noticed that the SJSO site showed Misty in jail during the time she was actually in court on October 8. The counties are just lax in updating sometimes, IMO, and Vinelink gets info from the county. Also Vinelink is also not always quick to update.

Tommy is still in SJC jail.
I searched there, Vinelink and FL DOC, all still showing him there.

Does anyone know who funded Misty's trip to Orlando (in October I think)?

Was it Tim Miller?
Teresa's boyfriend?
The Cummings?

I know that it was said that Ron and Jr were also suppose to go to Orlando too....so who exactly paid for this trip?

Was it Tim Miller?
Teresa's boyfriend?
The Cummings?

I know that it was said that Ron and Jr were also suppose to go to Orlando too....so who exactly paid for this trip?

on sept 24,2009 airing tn told 97.3 the sky her boyfriend paid for misty to go to orlando and ron and jr was suppose to meet up with her..but because of media finding out she claims ron didnt go..

on oct 5,2009 mc did an exclusive interview with steph w well this is one thing she said

She’s not “in hiding,” she’s not “on vacation” and she’s certainly not “running from the law.” Tonight, I had the chance to speak directly with Misty Cummings. She talked to me exclusivley, and she wants to begin to clear a few things up. Misty is reluctant to speak because she is concerned of the repercussions from the Cummings family, and what she refers to as “the
twisting of her words in the media.

she goes on to say she checked in with the sheriffs office and told them where she was going and how she could be reached if there was a break in hc..

on oct 5,2009 mc did an exclusive interview with steph w well this is one thing she said

She’s not “in hiding,” she’s not “on vacation” and she’s certainly not “running from the law.” Tonight, I had the chance to speak directly with Misty Cummings. She talked to me exclusivley, and she wants to begin to clear a few things up. Misty is reluctant to speak because she is concerned of the repercussions from the Cummings family, and what she refers to as “the
twisting of her words in the media.

she goes on to say she checked in with the sheriffs office and told them where she was going and how she could be reached if there was a break in hc..

Thanks Blaze....that was a big help...thank you

There are two things that I am looking for...I thought I had them saved on my computer but I cannot find them..

1. the article stating LE believes Misty was not home...this was in the beginning of this case
2. the article/video of Teresa/GMSykes shooting down the theory of Misty having left the mh...

If someone can help me I would appreciate...until then I will continue to look for them...TIA

suspicious1 here's a link to the cached Newjax4 article, couldn't get the original link to work.

Tip: Dad's Girlfriend Wasn't Home When Haleigh Disappeared
Investigators Following About 1,200 Tips

POSTED: Tuesday, February 17, 2009
UPDATED: 1:54 pm EST February 18, 2009

EmailPrint

An Amber Alert was issued Feb. 10, 2009, for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings
MORE ONLINE:
Haleigh Cummings Disappearance Timeline
Tour Of Satsuma Home Where Haleigh Disappeared

PALATKA, Fla. -- Since an Amber Alert was issued for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings one week ago, almost 1,200 tips have poured into a Crimestoppers hot line.

For the first time late Tuesday, investigators released information about one of those tips: that Haleigh's father's girlfriend, 17-year-old Misty Croslin, may not have been at home the night Haleigh disappeared.

Putnam County officials said they are looking into the Croslin tip as a possibility.

more at link:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...+Croslin+wasn't+home&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

if you where a jury member and you where told you couldnt get past rcs work hrs what would you ask yourself? i would want to no which le held his hand all nite? or do you have tape of him present all nite? if so i would want to see that.

IMO...Ron's work hours are in question with me...not only his work hours..but his presence seen/verified/ and accounted for...the entire time ..

I don't think it can be certain...due to the nature of his work.

suspicious1 here's a link to the cached Newjax4 article, couldn't get the original link to work.

Tip: Dad's Girlfriend Wasn't Home When Haleigh Disappeared
Investigators Following About 1,200 Tips

POSTED: Tuesday, February 17, 2009
UPDATED: 1:54 pm EST February 18, 2009

EmailPrint

An Amber Alert was issued Feb. 10, 2009, for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings
MORE ONLINE:
Haleigh Cummings Disappearance Timeline
Tour Of Satsuma Home Where Haleigh Disappeared

PALATKA, Fla. -- Since an Amber Alert was issued for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings one week ago, almost 1,200 tips have poured into a Crimestoppers hot line.

For the first time late Tuesday, investigators released information about one of those tips: that Haleigh's father's girlfriend, 17-year-old Misty Croslin, may not have been at home the night Haleigh disappeared.

Putnam County officials said they are looking into the Croslin tip as a possibility.

more at link:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...+Croslin+wasn't+home&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Thanks Doc...I had been searching it seemed like forever for this...I thought I saved it to my computer....but I could not find it...if my life depended on it..you saved me! thank you

was hc,s footprint found outside home? this is where i had heard there was no foot..

VAN SUSTEREN: Yes, and there was also apparently a footprint in the dirt. I don't know if that was a recent print or whether that was an old one. But what can you tell me about efforts to at least search to see whether or not you can determine where the child may have gone?

HARDY: Greta, we called in a team of bloodhounds, and they -- several different bloodhound units. And they came out. And I'm sure you know these bloodhounds, their noses are very sensitive, and they did follow some tracking, but we don't know exactly how old the tracks could have been. And as far as the footprint that you're talking about, that's news to me. I don't know of any footprint at this point.

was hc,s footprint found outside home? this is where i had heard there was no foot..

VAN SUSTEREN: Yes, and there was also apparently a footprint in the dirt. I don't know if that was a recent print or whether that was an old one. But what can you tell me about efforts to at least search to see whether or not you can determine where the child may have gone?

HARDY: Greta, we called in a team of bloodhounds, and they -- several different bloodhound units. And they came out. And I'm sure you know these bloodhounds, their noses are very sensitive, and they did follow some tracking, but we don't know exactly how old the tracks could have been. And as far as the footprint that you're talking about, that's news to me. I don't know of any footprint at this point.

A child's footprint was noted in the police report.

<snipped>

Police initiated a track beginning at the back door and down a wooded path, as we travelled down the wooded path, we located what appeared to be a small child's footprint in the dirt. It should be noted that Ronald said Haleigh's shoes were still located inside the residence.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/missing_haleigh_police_report_021609

A child's footprint was noted in the police report.

<snipped>

Police initiated a track beginning at the back door and down a wooded path, as we travelled down the wooded path, we located what appeared to be a small child's footprint in the dirt. It should be noted that Ronald said Haleigh's shoes were still located inside the residence.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/missing_haleigh_police_report_021609

well now dont that beat all since this was mr hardy himself, guess he wasnt up to date since he said jr was sleeping in another room in the same greta interview

Was it Tim Miller?
Teresa's boyfriend?
The Cummings?

Tim Miller and to some extent, Donna Brock because she hosted Misty at her place in Orlando from about September 25th thru October 9-10

When the news broke about the LDT/LVA/hypnosis debacle, and how Misty had "failed miserably", Tim Miller asked Donna to take Misty to Orlando because he feared for her life. (About a week before the tests, Ron pulled the stunt with the rifle in front of TM and said, "When I find out where Haleigh's at, I'll blow the teeth out of the back of her head." Said he'd kill her and then kill himself.) Tim gave money to Donna to cover expenses. This was kept under wraps until the road rage incident Misty and Donna were involved in on October 7th. On October 9th, was interviewed on the Early Show in New York. She looked great when she spoke to a WESH reporter in the airport before she boarded the plane for NY. Anyway, she returned to Satsuma after the interview. On October 16th, the divorce was final, and on October 20th, she and a couple of friends were robbed at an apartment complex in Palatka.

I know that's way more than you wanted to know, but some might find the background information helpful. It comes from a variety of sources, and all of the links can be found in the case calendar.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/calendar.php?month=9&year=2009&c=7&do=displaymonth

Tim Miller and to some extent, Donna Brock because she hosted Misty at her place in Orlando from about September 25th thru October 9-10

When the news broke about the LDT/LVA/hypnosis debacle, and how Misty had "failed miserably", Tim Miller asked Donna to take Misty to Orlando because he feared for her life. (About a week before the tests, Ron pulled the stunt with the rifle in front of TM and said, "When I find out where Haleigh's at, I'll blow the teeth out of the back of her head." Said he'd kill her and then kill himself.) Tim gave money to Donna to cover expenses. This was kept under wraps until the road rage incident Misty and Donna were involved in on October 7th. On October 9th, was interviewed on the Early Show in New York. She looked great when she spoke to a WESH reporter in the airport before she boarded the plane for NY. Anyway, she returned to Satsuma after the interview. On October 16th, the divorce was final, and on October 20th, she and a couple of friends were robbed at an apartment complex in Palatka.

I know that's way more than you wanted to know, but some might find the background information helpful. It comes from a variety of sources, and all of the links can be found in the case calendar.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/calendar.php?month=9&year=2009&c=7&do=displaymonth

Wow...Thanks Bessie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back