Q/A for 8/23

Given that Boulder is taking its time to pick Karr up I am wondering what exactly (legally) his current status is. They've arrested him but have not charged him? I thought you had to charge someone when you arrested them. Can someone clear this up for me?

When LE JUST wants to interrogate someone, is it normal to "arrest" them?

Hyatt said:
Given that Boulder is taking its time to pick Karr up I am wondering what exactly (legally) his current status is. They've arrested him but have not charged him? I thought you had to charge someone when you arrested them. Can someone clear this up for me?

When LE JUST wants to interrogate someone, is it normal to "arrest" them?
He is under arrest.He is being held on suspicion of murder and kidnapping. there is a warrant charging him with the murder and kidnapping of JBR.
Formal charges have NOT been filed by CO yet. CA has put all their own charges on hold.
Once CO takes custody of him, they have 72 hours to either file the charges or let him loose. They can only hold him only so long without filing the formal charges.
They can, however, file the charges any time in the future. But they may have to find him.
CO is taking their time picking him up, because that 72 hour clock starts to tick once they get him.

If you are arrested by the police, the DA decides if he wants to charge you by reviewing the evidence and the crime. An arrest does not always mean charges will be filed.

Why aren't they rushing to pick him up? I think that is an interrogation technique. Karr seemed eager to talk in Thailand. He waived extradition there and they allowed him him free reign on the plane. He waived extradition in Calif. and still seems eager to talk. The best way to make sure he keeps talking is to act as though they aren't interested. In addition it gives them more time to check out his family and his ex-wife's stories, check more on his background and that will help in their questioning of him. Their questioning can be more focused and they can have a means of checking truthfulness.

The only part that worries me is the prosecutor's statement that the arrest was pushed up for safety reasons. Let's face it, Colorado cops were not going to be too concerned that JMK is teaching in a school in Thailand. He has been teaching or working with kids for the past 10 years. I have a feeling that when they started asking Thai authorities about JMK that Thai authorities are the ones who insisted on the quick arrest, possibly before Colorado was really ready.

Plus, I think Co has to pick him up from LA on or before Sept 7th.

For a day I thought would hold promise, this has turned out to be a washed out one for sure!

Karr has hired the team of Miss Naughty and Miss Talkalot to defend him, although the DA in Co is evidently not in a rush to meet the 3-some, probably because there is a photograph that will be given to them soon that proves Karr was with his family 12-26-96 but does not include him in the photograph! :waitasec: Karr's family is suddenly seeing $ signs, and it must be their new agent from Hollywood has already familiarized them with the movie Groundhog Day, as it will show the public the possibility Karr is really in that particular photograph as a shadow!

Scandi

scandi said:
Plus, I think Co has to pick him up from LA on or before Sept 7th.

For a day I thught would hold promise, this has turned out to be a washed out one for sure!

Karr has hired the team of Miss Naughty and Miss Talkalot to defend him, although the DA in Co is evidently not in a rush to meet the 3-some, probably because there is a photograph that will be given to them soon that proves Karr was with his family 12-26-96 but does not include him in the photograph! :waitasec: Karr's family is suddenly seeing $ signs, and it must be their new agent from Hollywood has already familiarized them with the movie Groundhog Day, as it will show the public the possibility Karr is really in that particular photograph as a shadow!

Scandi
Hi Scandi.
The next court date is 9/6 and I am pretty sure that is to confirm that he has been picked up. So I think they have to get him before the 6th.

Gee, I can even imagine they might run it down to the wire! Like Greta just said, it's a big 'if' tonight if he is even involved in the murder.

But she is sure making use of her interviewing technique right now with Jaimie who I don't think she likes. Jaime has been a bit cocky to Greta, saying she could talk about the incorrectly stated evidence for the rest of the show, but then goes on to try to list it. Hmmm It could be that because of his weak looking physical condition he might need a strong minded and outspoken lady like this, even though she said he is intelligent and unique. LOL There is another word she used to describe him too which escapes me, something like simple or nice :doh:

Scandi

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back