**Q&A ONLY** Ask the MODERATORS your Forum Questions **NO DISCUSSION**

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI: Harvey Weinstein's name is spelled incorrectly on the front page of WS in the "Websleuths News" box....not that I really care if his name is spelled right for his sake, but for WS's sake.

FYI: Harvey Weinstein's name is spelled incorrectly on the front page of WS in the "Websleuths News" box....not that I really care if his name is spelled right for his sake, but for WS's sake.

Thank you so much. It's changed

Hi Mods!

Could you please tell me where I should post this article please?

THE DUMPING GROUNDS: A TRAIL OF BODIES HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT
FOUND SANS IDENTITY, STORY AND JUSTICE

‘Death and secrets are hidden in plain sight along Interstate 85.’

Published: 6:43 PM EDT October 30, 2017

http://www.13wmaz.com/mobile/articl...s-hidden-in-plain-sight/85-477611044?scroll=0

It’s a report on just some of the multiple (30) cold case murders along the I85 corridor from GA to SC.

TIA,

Bo x

Technical question:

for the last week or two I have been having trouble posting. Often, my message gets an error saying my message was too short (even if it was several paragraphs!)

just now, I sent a post and got this --what does “token” mean?

.[h=3]The following errors occurred with your submission[/h]
  1. Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please reload the window.

When I am on the mobile website, and I click a thread, it only shows me one post for the whole thread. I can't get it to show all of the posts, or page numbers or anything. I have no idea if I accidentally changed a setting or something, and can't for the life of me figure out how to fix it.

I am having two problems that have been ongoing for months. They occur on Chrome and Safari.

As bears10 stated above, when I click on a forum, only a few posts are showing up.

Then, when I click either on back or New Posts, the same forum name keeps coming up, two to three times. I can't get back to New Posts.

At times when I am finished with a forum and ready to change to another forum, I hit New Post and the following comes up.

Search Results - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Matic
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright Websleuths 1999-2016

I have not used the search function, yet this appears.

Is it the system or my iPad?

I'm having an issue when I reply to a thread using my android tablet. I'll click the link in gmail, it opens in the gmail app, not chrome. I reply then go to edit what I said, my reply gets deleted as soon as I put my finger on what I want to edit.

Technical question:

for the last week or two I have been having trouble posting. Often, my message gets an error saying my message was too short (even if it was several paragraphs!)

just now, I sent a post and got this --what does “token” mean?

Sounds like you have 2 issues. The 1st one, message was too short, you probably typed your reply into a quote box or some how clicked to put a quote box around it. I've had that happen on my cell and tablet.

The token has expired is when I leave WS threads open, I will come back some time later, it will tell me the token has expired, I have to reload the window. What I do there is copy my reply, then go into the thread, right click reply to thread, then paste my reply into a fresh reply box. I get this on my windows vista computer

Are you using a computer when you get the errors?

I'm having an issue when I reply to a thread using my android tablet. I'll click the link in gmail, it opens in the gmail app, not chrome. I reply then go to edit what I said, my reply gets deleted as soon as I put my finger on what I want to edit.

Sounds like you have 2 issues. The 1st one, message was too short, you probably typed your reply into a quote box or some how clicked to put a quote box around it. I've had that happen on my cell and tablet.

The token has expired is when I leave WS threads open, I will come back some time later, it will tell me the token has expired, I have to reload the window. What I do there is copy my reply, then go into the thread, right click reply to thread, then paste my reply into a fresh reply box. I get this on my windows vista computer

Are you using a computer when you get the errors?

Well, first of all .... I am always on an IPad Pro,

no, I am not using a quote box when I get the “reply too short” message. And I had posted LONG messages, so it wasn’t really too short with words.

The “token expired” still doesn’t make sense to me, sorry. It did not happen when I had left WS open for long, and returned later. Of course, I can’t recall exact circumstances, and it is possible I had several threads open via my “subscribed”, and worked my way through them. So then, it may have been open longer than I realize. I think I get what you explained now. Thanks, Roselvr.

Well, first of all .... I am always on an IPad Pro,

no, I am not using a quote box when I get the “reply too short” message. And I had posted LONG messages, so it wasn’t really too short with words.

The “token expired” still doesn’t make sense to me, sorry. It did not happen when I had left WS open for long, and returned later. Of course, I can’t recall exact circumstances, and it is possible I had several threads open via my “subscribed”, and worked my way through them. So then, it may have been open longer than I realize. I think I get what you explained now. Thanks, Roselvr.

Sorry, lost my reply yesterday when I went to edit in Chrome on my tablet, so it happens there too

I'm stumped with your 1st error. I don't have an iPad pro to try to duplicate it. All I know is I've somehow managed to throw quotes around my long reply to get the error on my devices. I have an older ipad, will try to use it here to see.

Hopefully you won't have issue with the token now that you know to watch the tabs you've had open. I do it all the time lol

Sorry, lost my reply yesterday when I went to edit in Chrome on my tablet, so it happens there too

I'm stumped with your 1st error. I don't have an iPad pro to try to duplicate it. All I know is I've somehow managed to throw quotes around my long reply to get the error on my devices. I have an older ipad, will try to use it here to see.

Hopefully you won't have issue with the token now that you know to watch the tabs you've had open. I do it all the time lol

Don't want to lose my reply by editing. I'm not sure what I'm hitting, I guess I hit the quote formatting button but am seeing it's not even an option on my tablet reply box. I have no formatting buttons showing. Will have to try replying I mobile chrome.

FYI: On the scroll at the top of the WS page, there is a call-out to the VA-Chester murder case. The word "pastor" is spelled incorrectly. (It is spelled paster instead of pastor.)

I am not a SLEO (Spelling Law Enforcement Officer), but the scroll is one of the first things visitors to the page see, so best to get it right.

:)

Don't want to lose my reply by editing. I'm not sure what I'm hitting, I guess I hit the quote formatting button but am seeing it's not even an option on my tablet reply box. I have no formatting buttons showing. Will have to try replying I mobile chrome.

I've had that problem with the blank formatting buttons occasionally. If you go to Go Advanced you will probably see them there.

I've had that problem with the blank formatting buttons occasionally. If you go to Go Advanced you will probably see them there.

Sorry, I do go to advanced but there are no formatting options. It's no big deal. I only use them on the computer

For the past 4 or 5 days all my posts are centred. I've had this problem before but it's always rectified itself after 2 or 3 days, so I thought today, being a bright and shiny New Year, maybe, just maybe. No such luck.

In order to have full functionality on WS I've had to use compatibility mode for about 18 months. That worked perfectly with one exception. Every time I added a YouTube link all I saw was a large black box for any YouTube links but others could see them in the normal way. I thought I'd try taking it out of compatibility mode. Bingo, no more centred posts. The new problem caused as a result ... I can no longer post pics and can't add YouTube links at all.

As I see it, I now have to go back into compatibility mode every single time I want to add either.

I went to another forum a few days ago and had no issues there at all. I'm beginning to think that even when we get our new upgraded system I'll be stuck with these issues and I'm absolutely sick and tired of it. As I regularly post tweets from court, I now have to revert to having all my posts centred. It's enough to make me want to :pullhair:

How do I see just cases for my state?

You can scroll to the bottom of the Missing, Located, Cold Cases, or Unidentified forums to find a section called Thread Display Options. Use the pop-up for Prefix to select your state, then click the Show Threads button.

This doesn't work in the Identified forum, for some reason.

ETA: In forums where we don't use a location prefix, such as Crimes in the News, you can alphabetize by the location given in the title. On the main forum page, find where it says Title/Thread Starter just above the sticky threads. Click Title and the threads will be rearranged in order; you can then page through to find your state.

Photos aren't appearing/uploading in posts today. I thought it was just my computer but someone else has just reported too that they aren't seeing pictures other posters have tried to upload.

Photos aren't appearing/uploading in posts today. I thought it was just my computer but someone else has just reported too that they aren't seeing pictures other posters have tried to upload.

Oh good, I thought it was an issue on my side. I noticed it yesterday on my work computer and today at home.

Thanks for posting, hopefully someone corrects it. I also noticed the scroll across the top in red isn't working either.

I'm having the same problem. When I copy and paste a photo a broken box or empty space shows up. I have tried different browsers and I have tried restoring my
system updates to 2 days ago and it didn't fix the problem.

Having the same problem. All I see is a small blank square box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500