Q241-liquid from the car

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, was there a dna test done on this liquid?

No, there was not.

There is no reason to do such a test if it was determined it is spit from someone who chewed tobacco. Remember that the Crystal Light bottle was found in the trash from Tony's apartment. Tony identified the items as being ones that would naturally come from his apartment. He identified one of his roommates as someone who chews tobacco.

If they identified the roommate's DNA, or Tony's, or KC's in that spit, what does that tell them of evidentiary value? Really not anything, because nothing about the bottle being in the bag with some spit in it is meaningful.

However, if the bottle had been at the crime scene, it would be another story entirely....

No, there was not.

There is no reason to do such a test if it was determined it is spit from someone who chewed tobacco. Remember that the Crystal Light bottle was found in the trash from Tony's apartment. Tony identified the items as being ones that would naturally come from his apartment. He identified one of his roommates as someone who chews tobacco.

If they identified the roommate's DNA, or Tony's, or KC's in that spit, what does that tell them of evidentiary value? Really not anything, because nothing about the bottle being in the bag with some spit in it is meaningful.

However, if the bottle had been at the crime scene, it would be another story entirely....

So, potentially, TL's roommate has also been outed taking 'roids? It would make sense if he used his own spit cup to dispose of the syringe and hid it with a tp roll, so people could not see it....LE will have found that out by now, let's hope.

No, there was not.

Ok...do we definitively know it was "spit"...'cause the last time I asked I thought you said it was related to cleaning (twitch, twitch). We're not saying she cleaned the car with spit are we? (Just a little humor)

So, potentially, TL's roommate has also been outed taking 'roids? It would make sense if he used his own spit cup to dispose of the syringe and hid it with a tp roll, so people could not see it....LE will have found that out by now, let's hope.
...oh I will never get rid of the twitch now.

...oh I will never get rid of the twitch now.

And I might be way off in space on this one, I am so tired and confused with all of KC's antics, at one point I thought we were talking about two different bottles in the trash bag....ugh

Oh well, we make a good pair, twitchy and dopey!

You would think that at least a tiny bit would have remained...???

Keep in mind that I am getting all of my info from googling, and really have no idea what I'm talking about (LOL...seriously), but this is what i have come up with...

Nicotine's primary metabolite is Cotinine. So when a saliva test is being conducted to test for exposure to Nicotine, Cotinine is what they are looking for.
But Cotinine has an in vivo (in the body) half life of aprox 20 hrs.

And the copenhagen/saliva mix was out of the body WAY longer than that.

Another interesting point is that levels of Cotinine in saliva are variable. Young men who have not chewed for long, or who have made attempts to quit, and who are single , are more likely to have a lower Cotinine level.

Anybody out there that actually knows what they're talking about care to chime in?
Am I even close to understanding or am I way off base?

ETA: Ok, now I see where I'm going wrong (I think). The in vivo half life is insignificant since it was out of the body in the C.L bottle.

Hi Jayla!
There is some confusion because we were discussing two different bottles in one thread before we split the Crystal Light bottle off into this thread. It is THIS bottle which appears to have contained the snuff spit...

'Twas the Gatorade bottle, which is being discussed in another thread (chloroform, syringe, etc) that held the needle and the testosterone, so in no way related to the roommate as far as can be determined. The gatorade bottle was found at the scene near Caylee's skull. The Crystal Light bottle was the one in the garbage bag retrieved from the trunk of Casey's car.

But Cotinine has an in vivo (in the body) half life of aprox 20 hrs.

And the copenhagen/saliva mix was out of the body WAY longer than that.

Respectfully snippied and BBM

Is that a naturally occurring half-life or a half-life as it relates to metabolic process? Would be a big difference.

I don't know myself...anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member