Australia QLD, Australia - 'Bambi', fatally shot at South Brisbane brothel, (Dec 28, 2000)

emilieaus

Reaction score
QLD Police are offering a $250,000 reward for information leading to an arrest regarding the murder case of a 38 year old female only known to the public as 'Bambi'. She was shot and murdered at an unlicensed brothel in Capalaba West (South Brisbane) on December 28, 2000.

The 000 call was received at the PCC at approximately 8:47pm from a male caller who informed police that a 12 year old female had just arrived at his home complaining that her mother had been shot at "The Shack" (1369 New Cleveland Road, Capalaba West). She had been abducted from the scene, assaulted and left in bushland off Collingwood Road, near Haig Road in Birkdale (approx 5km away). The child was able to present investigators with a detailed description of her attacker, but the com-fit image doesn't seem to be available publicly (I've contacted QPS and am awaiting a reply at the time of publishing).

Police arrived at The Shack and discovered Bambi, who had evidently died of gun shot wounds at the scene. An x-ray revealed that the official cause of death was in fact three gun shot wounds from a .22-calibre firearm.

It's unknown if this murder is being officially linked to the murder of Andrea Snowdon, the receptionist at The Shack who was murdered with a .22 calibre firearm seven months prior.

Members of the public are asked to contact Policelink, CrimeStoppers or their local police station with information. Whistleblower protections will be in place for accomplices.

Bambi was the Manageress of "The Shack" and her partner was a former boxer.

August 11 2014
''Police are offering $250,000 for information that could lead to the arrest of a man who shot a prostitute and raped her 12-year-old daughter on the night of December 28, 2000.''

''The man murdered the 38-year-old, known only as "Bambi", at a brothel known as "the Shack" on New Cleveland Road, Gumdale. He then took her daughter to wetlands at Collingwood Road, Birkdale, where he handcuffed and sexually assaulted her.''

The child was able to supply police with a detailed description of her attacker, from which a com-fit image photograph was produced.

Was the com-fit image ever released by he Police??
No, it wasn't. QPS advised that I'd have to contact my local division regarding the case. I don't know if I should... Because I don't know what I'd say. I'm a new sluether, that's all

I went to primary school with the child and we were quite good friends. I remember when this happened like it was yesterday as I had met 'Bambi' a few times, she had a French? Accent and I remember her being quite a lovely woman, Her daughter told me she was a psychic which intrigued me. When she was murdered the news report showed the licence plate of her mother's red car and I immediately knew who it was. At the time the police had a stand (for lack of a better word) at the Capalaba shopping centre with the comfit, perhaps they can shed some light?

I've always wondered what's happened with this case, it saddens me deeply that it is still unsolved.

Reactions: nao
It seems to me that police know who "Bambi" is, but they're choosing not to identify her and her daughter publicly for privacy reasons. Her murderer is unknown, however.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01
Back