Question re Ransom Note

"He was interviewed, he gave handwriting samples, etc but he never rose to suspect because there was nothing to indicate he should be a viable suspect."

So were his parents and they were never considered (to this day) "suspects"

The difference is that Hunter put that in writing. What we need to get from that is that there ARE no suspects in this case.

Before everyone starts throwing out the lawsuits won on Burke's behalf, let's remember, it's cheaper to settle. Nobody has ever issued an apology that I know of for stating that he certainly could be as viable a suspect as his parents. The settlements were kept secret, so therefore, in my opinion, it just means that it was cheaper, nothing more, nothing less. NOBODY has ever publicly stated that it was wrong to accuse Burke. The settlements mean nothing in that regard. Had the Ramseys refused a settlement and took it all the way, I would feel differently, but they didn't, had to give the Enquirer an interview (right after their journalism class speech too, lol), AND Patsy baked them cookies. What does that tell you? It tells me that the Ramseys were glad to get the settlement rather than fight for justice, which is what they claim to this day. Give me a break! The settlements are touted as victories and they are nothing more than ...well....settlements.

Burke may or may not be involved in JBR's murder, but he is as viable a suspect as his parents.

LovelyPigeon said:
Obviously some of you posting here want to ignore the evidence and continue to suspect Burke, so dream on.

"Ignore the evidence"? - Just what evidence do you have that proves Burke did not hit JonBenet over the head with a baseball bat (or similar object) that night? Show us that evidence!

I think YOU are the one dreaming, LovelyPigeon. You want to run from reality and pretend that Burke couldn't have harmed his sister--he easily could have. And therefore he will ALWAYS be a valid suspect.

Reasons Hunter gave on Rivera Live years ago for Burke not being a suspect:

Burke was asleep when the murder took place.

Burke couldn't have written the note.

Burke was too young and not strong enough to have killed JonBenet.

Yeah, sure sounds like Burke was thoroughly investigated. LOL

____
IMO

Ivy said:
Reasons Hunter gave on Rivera Live years ago for Burke not being a suspect:

Burke was asleep when the murder took place.

Burke couldn't have written the note.

Burke was too young and not strong enough to have killed JonBenet.

Yeah, sure sounds like Burke was thoroughly investigated. LOL

____
IMO

Oh yeah, let's not forget that the BPD, Hunter, et al are all INCOMPETENT!

So why do the RST believe what they say when they say Burke is NOT considered viable, but call them incompetent when they say the parents are? Only certain sentences from the BPD are credible?

LOL, Barbara. Selective reasoning at its best. The RST does the same with certain things Thomas wrote in his book. If a passage can be spun to support their point of view, they consider it gospel. But according to them, everything else is garbage, and Thomas doesn't know what he's talking about.
____
IMO

In the 1995 Christmas letter, Patsy stated that Burke took sailing lessons that summer and he is becoming "quite the sailor!" Any layperson knows that a sailor would learn to tie several types of knots.

In the 1996 Christmas letter, Patsy stated that Burke's little league team "was number one"...meaning that Burke and his team mates were great little sluggers. If Burke could cause damage with a golf club...hitting JonBenet not once BUT TWICE, then we know Burke is capable of getting angry and striking out at JonBenet.

Burke IMO is capable of hitting JonBenet over the head and tying a cord around her neck...whether he did it is another matter.

This is my opinion and may not be copied.

i am developing a really, really nagging suspicion that young Burke may have been involved. I for one would really like to know more about Burke.

For instance, and i apologize to those who buy the intruder theory or who think Burke was 'asleep' ( :waitasec::waitasec: ) .. but Burke IS a legitimate suspect and unfortunately for him, because this case has not been solved yet, we ARE entitled to ask such questions as:

- Is Burke currently seeing a psychiatrist?
- Was Burke ever diagnosed with a juvenile mental disorder?
- When will Burke be given the chance to undergo a polygraph exam?
- Is Burke on any psychiatric medications?
- Was Burke put on any medication after the murder/accident?
- What were the interviewers' impressions of the young boy after the interviews? Did a psychologist or physician notice any detachment or any evidence that Burke "lived in his own world"?
- Did Burke ever see a therapist to deal with the terror he must have felt after the murder? DID he feel terror after the murder?
- Did Burke ever ask his parents whether HE was safe at home? Was he suddenly afraid of "small foreign factions"? Or did he feel PERFECTLY COMFORTABLE at home at night, sleeping in his own bed?
- Where are the examples of Burke's handwriting post-murder/accident?

Does anyone know the answer to these questions?

If you think it is rude or insensitive to ask questions about Burke's CURRENT state of mental health, don't blame me... blame the people who should have solved the case in '96/97 !

GuruJosh said:
i am developing a really, really nagging suspicion that young Burke may have been involved. I for one would really like to know more about Burke.

For instance, and i apologize to those who buy the intruder theory or who think Burke was 'asleep' ( :waitasec::waitasec: ) .. but Burke IS a legitimate suspect and unfortunately for him, because this case has not been solved yet, we ARE entitled to ask such questions as:

- Is Burke currently seeing a psychiatrist?
- Was Burke ever diagnosed with a juvenile mental disorder?
- When will Burke be given the chance to undergo a polygraph exam?
- Is Burke on any psychiatric medications?
- Was Burke put on any medication after the murder/accident?
- What were the interviewers' impressions of the young boy after the interviews? Did a psychologist or physician notice any detachment or any evidence that Burke "lived in his own world"?
- Did Burke ever see a therapist to deal with the terror he must have felt after the murder? DID he feel terror after the murder?
- Did Burke ever ask his parents whether HE was safe at home? Was he suddenly afraid of "small foreign factions"? Or did he feel PERFECTLY COMFORTABLE at home at night, sleeping in his own bed?
- Where are the examples of Burke's handwriting post-murder/accident?

Does anyone know the answer to these questions?

If you think it is rude or insensitive to ask questions about Burke's CURRENT state of mental health, don't blame me... blame the people who should have solved the case in '96/97 !

GuruJosh,

That's an excellent post. Burke Ramsey turned 18 on January 27, 2005. He should be asked to take an FBI polygraph examination. If the right questions are asked and he passes, then IMO the complexion of this whole case changes.

If Burke refuses to take the test, then suspicion deepens.

BlueCrab

The description of Burke's behavior the morning of discovery of JB suggests Burke was indeed detached and lived in his own world. He didn't seem interested in what was going on that morning and his parents had him whisked away as quickly as possible. I can't remember where I read this, but I do remember a description by the folks that left with him that he was showing his Xmas gift and talking about stuff like that. Don't recall he asked anything about what happened to JB. I'm sure others can document what I'm talking about. Also, I remember Burke kinda acted strange at the funeral. Of course, I still don't know how to act at a funeral, so a child gets a pass, I guess.

gaia said:
The description of Burke's behavior the morning of discovery of JB suggests Burke was indeed detached and lived in his own world. He didn't seem interested in what was going on that morning and his parents had him whisked away as quickly as possible. I can't remember where I read this, but I do remember a description by the folks that left with him that he was showing his Xmas gift and talking about stuff like that. Don't recall he asked anything about what happened to JB. I'm sure others can document what I'm talking about. Also, I remember Burke kinda acted strange at the funeral. Of course, I still don't know how to act at a funeral, so a child gets a pass, I guess.
hi Gaia, i too am a cat servant. Their plans for world domination are well underway!

I agree a kid gets a pass at a funeral. But imagine the FEAR the young guy must have felt, what with crazy paedophilic ninja terrorists targeting his dad for cash ;) Yep, those foreign factions really instill fear into the heart of a 9/10 year old ;)

BC you mentioned on a previous post that Burke made "electronic beeping sounds" (like a nintendo) at one point when being interviewed. That is astonishing! Did anyone see him cry? or anything like that? And what's this you wrote about him smearing faeces on walls at school? Can u elaborate? What's the source? How old is he supposed to have been when this happened?

And does anyone have any juice on the previous "golf club incident"? anything suspicious there?

Apologies again if this has all been answered in a previous post and thread. Just point me to it, if that's the case.

It looks to me like Patsy was involved in the writing of the RN and the staging. Maybe John too... hard to say.... but i simply can't think of a reason why staging would be necessary, unless they were protecting a "joint asset" of theirs. P and J HAD to be on the same page regarding the staging, if staging occured. They had to have discussed this. I can't see them protecting each other if one was guilty of murder or had a psychotic rage incident or whatever. And the idea that J is a sex abuser and P a mad raging pee-pee nazi and that they decided to protect each other seems far fetched.

and can i add, IF BDI, or of course if there was an intruder, or even if the staging was a poorly-conceived idea that "got out of hand", that they couldnt go back on for some reason... i feel immense sympathy for the Ramseys.

I really do. Their lives have been ruined. They have done an honorable thing in trying to raise Burke (no matter how nuts he is) and keep the rest of their immediate and extended family together.

They have lost most of their money; John lost his career; Patsy is still fighting cancer. There are aspects to them that i really do admire.

This situation is appalling and i would not wish it upon anyone.

Even if it turned out that J and P staged for B (or even JA), i think no one should be charged. They've suffered enough, IMO.

GuruJosh said:
BC you mentioned on a previous post that Burke made "electronic beeping sounds" (like a nintendo) at one point when being interviewed. That is astonishing! Did anyone see him cry? or anything like that? And what's this you wrote about him smearing faeces on walls at school? Can u elaborate? What's the source? How old is he supposed to have been when this happened?

GuruJosh,

Sorry, but I didn't post anything like that.

I did post about his behavior during his 3 days of questioning by LE in 1998. During this period Burke seemed to be holding something in, and he anguished visibly when the discussion turned to the death of JonBenet. Burke was 11 when these interviews were held.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
GuruJosh,

Woops, sorry ;) SOMEONE did. I lazily assumed it was you. Sorry bout that.

BlueCrab said:
GuruJosh,

I did post about his behavior during his 3 days of questioning by LE in 1998. During this period Burke seemed to be holding something in, and he anguished visibly when the discussion turned to the death of JonBenet. Burke was 11 when these interviews were held.

BlueCrab
I just did a search , sorry BlueCrab i think it was "Vicktor" who posted that comment. He (or someone) wrote:

"I disagree. Burke LIED to the cop who interviewed him while he was at the White's the very day this all happened. Burke has been in therapy for literally years according to his parents. Burke is/was a weird kid who smeared his own feces on the wall and talked to himself at school and described how he thought about his sister in a series of nintendo game type beeps (talk about detachment!) Burke was probably told to tell anyone who asked him if he heard anything that he was asleep. Kids who are almost 10 years old ask a zillion and one questions about things, esp things that are happening in and around their home unless their parents instruct them to keep their mouths shut."

BC do you (or does anyone else) have any source for this info? Is it true?

Please source the smeared feces "factoid". It sounds so manufactured, reminds me of joshua7.

If Burke accidently killed his sister - why the elaborate cover-up? He was NINE! Did his parents really believe that he would be locked away from them over an Accident? :slap:

Now - if he could be connected to the bruising, cronic inflamation and erosion in her vaginal area..........that wouldn't be accidental and a more reasonable excuse for the dramatic reading, I mean - Ranson Note in Patsy handwriting.

BlueCrab - Thanks once again for the lesson - I did not know who set where at the table before now!

RR

RiverRat said:
If Burke accidently killed his sister - why the elaborate cover-up? He was NINE! Did his parents really believe that he would be locked away from them over an Accident? :slap:
If not, they still had plenty of reasons to hide his involvement. Many parents would want to protect their remaining child from any kind of public censure or scrutiny.

jaeger said:
If not, they still had plenty of reasons to hide his involvement. Many parents would want to protect their remaining child from any kind of public censure or scrutiny.
Exactly - especially if the accident happened while Burke was molesting his sister.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back