Questions About Mark Byers and Paradise Lost 2

Why do they keep switching on who the 'real killer' is?

It's called following the evidence. It's what the WMPD should have done. Instead of finding the killer by following the evidence (the proper way to conduct an investigation) they insisted on manufacturing evidence to implicate the killer that they wanted to be guilty.

4.)I find him highly disturbing.I don't care what his opinion is now because I believe he would change it to suit his own needs if he were to benefit from it.He's dirty.

I am not saying he murdered Melissa but it would not surprise me in the least if he did.

I would never want to be in his presence.
I don't really have an opinion of him, other than some of his behavior in PL1 & 2 was very disturbing. But it is possible that his alleged brain tumor caused much of it (in combination with his feelings about the murder of his son). It did make me feel much better about him when he came around to supporting the defense. And his later footage showed him to be much more composed and rational.

Melissa was way scarier than Mark, IMO, altho she didn't get as much "air time" in the documentaries. Very scary. It gave me chills. I know she was a grieving mother, but still. Bless her heart, and I'm sorry she died. :rose:

I believe it's a pretty well-established fact that Mark B worked for the WMPD as a drug informant. In fact, IIRC, he did time because he sold drugs to an undercover agent. My question is why did the police treat Terry H with kid gloves?

He had a sexual assault in his past (Mildred French), and his victim (the same Ms. French) was attacked because she went to the police to report him for spousal and child abuse (not Pam, Amanda and Stevie but his first wife and son). Later, after the testing results from the hairs were made public, again Terry H received the kid glove treatment. He was questioned by the WMPD, but he was not treated in any way like a suspect. Mind you, this is after he has shot his brother-in-law (and his brother-in-law had died of complications from the gunshot wound). Can someone tell me why was he never considered to be a suspect?
This is the $64,000 question, IMO. Well, plus interest for 18-19 years or more (depending on the answer).

I've often wondered how Pam feels about Terry, and when she started feeling that way. I have compassion for her, but that scene in PL1 (or was it 2?) where she's about to be interviewed by a reporter...in a sports field or something...she's laughing big-time. And then got all serious for the interview. I'm not saying she knew anything at the time at all, nor that someone grieving is not allowed to laugh. But I do wonder if/when she may have questioned Terry's possible involvement, or his whereabouts, demeanor, words, etc...of the day before the murders and following days and months. I think she was interviewed just a while back and she indicated displeasure or even suspicion of him, but not more than that. I could be wrong.

This is the $64,000 question, IMO. Well, plus interest for 18-19 years or more (depending on the answer).

I've often wondered how Pam feels about Terry, and when she started feeling that way. I have compassion for her, but that scene in PL1 (or was it 2?) where she's about to be interviewed by a reporter...in a sports field or something...she's laughing big-time. And then got all serious for the interview. I'm not saying she knew anything at the time at all, nor that someone grieving is not allowed to laugh. But I do wonder if/when she may have questioned Terry's possible involvement, or his whereabouts, demeanor, words, etc...of the day before the murders and following days and months. I think she was interviewed just a while back and she indicated displeasure or even suspicion of him, but not more than that. I could be wrong.

The interview with Pam in PL1 was so close to the murders that I think that Pam was heavily medicated at the time (which is why she laughed at first and then got serious). In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Terry "helped" her self-medicate. Of course, hindsight is 20/20, but Pam's sisters have said on discussion boards that they suspected Terry right from the start. I don't think Pam suspected him right away. I think that, when the mtDNA evidence came out (they were already divorced by then), she began to look at Terry in a totally different light.

Personally, I believe that it's very hard for Pam now because, if she admits that there was evidence of Terry's involvement that she overlooked, she is admitting at least partial complicity in her son's death. That's a hard pill to swallow. I believe that eventually she'll be able to vocalize her feelings, but I fear that she is still hurting over staying with Terry so long after the murders. However, she has stated on several interviews that Terry is a liar and that she believes that he would be capable of the crime.

Mark Byers is as shady as a black crayon under a lava rock.

I really don't care to hear praising comments about him here.Be realistic.He's not out for justice.He's out for himself.He's the Uncle in the family that no one wants to claim at the family reunion.

That's exactly how I feel about JMB. He's out for himself and himself only.

He's not someone I would trust. And as for his alleged brain tumor, he seems to be doing so much better now, maybe he's got some magic meds? He had a girlfriend when Melissa died, maybe some JMB's supporters have forgotten about that? How about those Rolex watches that he and Melissa stole right before the murders? What about the neighbor's house he and Melissa burgled AFTER the murders? I mean, let's be serious here, he should have been in prison long before he called the wrong number and got the undercover and sold drugs to him. If any one of us did that, they'd bury us under the jail.

Apparently, those things are forgotten and now he's the Patron Saint of the three wrongly convicted young men, who he HELPED stay in prison.

I'm sorry, but JMB is lower than a whale turd, and yes, I believe he is responsible for Melissa's death. And no, he didn't misspeak when he said his wife was murdered, because IMO, he murdered her.

JMB is no saint. He will tell you that himself. However, I don't think that he had anything to do with Melissa's death. She may have died of the stress from the murders. IOW, she may have died of a broken heart. I recently remember hearing a story on TV about how that is possible after an extremely stressful event. I think the murder of your child would fit the bill as an extremely stressful event.

Have you seen/heard JMB speak recently? He looks and sounds different. It's nobody's business what happened, but I believe that his brain tumor, if not removed surgically, is being treated by medicine. Magic? I don't know if I'd go that far. Probably just different.

I used to believe that JMB killed the boys, but believing that, I now realize, is just as wrong as believing that Damien, Jason and Jessie killed them. Why? Because, just like with D, J & J, there is no evidence that implicates JMB, just innuendo - and his own misbehavior. IMO, since the mtDNA of someone close to one of the boys was found at the discovery ditch, the identity of the killer is pretty obvious.

That's exactly how I feel about JMB. He's out for himself and himself only.

He's not someone I would trust. And as for his alleged brain tumor, he seems to be doing so much better now, maybe he's got some magic meds? He had a girlfriend when Melissa died, maybe some JMB's supporters have forgotten about that? How about those Rolex watches that he and Melissa stole right before the murders? What about the neighbor's house he and Melissa burgled AFTER the murders? I mean, let's be serious here, he should have been in prison long before he called the wrong number and got the undercover and sold drugs to him. If any one of us did that, they'd bury us under the jail.

Apparently, those things are forgotten and now he's the Patron Saint of the three wrongly convicted young men, who he HELPED stay in prison.

I'm sorry, but JMB is lower than a whale turd, and yes, I believe he is responsible for Melissa's death. And no, he didn't misspeak when he said his wife was murdered, because IMO, he murdered her.

I agree, I would not trust him either. I do feel sorry that he lost his son though.

JMB is no saint. He will tell you that himself. However, I don't think that he had anything to do with Melissa's death. She may have died of the stress from the murders. IOW, she may have died of a broken heart. I recently remember hearing a story on TV about how that is possible after an extremely stressful event. I think the murder of your child would fit the bill as an extremely stressful event.

Have you seen/heard JMB speak recently? He looks and sounds different. It's nobody's business what happened, but I believe that his brain tumor, if not removed surgically, is being treated by medicine. Magic? I don't know if I'd go that far. Probably just different.

I used to believe that JMB killed the boys, but believing that, I now realize, is just as wrong as believing that Damien, Jason and Jessie killed them. Why? Because, just like with D, J & J, there is no evidence that implicates JMB, just innuendo - and his own misbehavior. IMO, since the mtDNA of someone close to one of the boys was found at the discovery ditch, the identity of the killer is pretty obvious.

Yes, the identity is obvious. I don't recall saying in my above post that I think JMB killed the boys, I said he murdered Melissa. Have you read her autopsy report? The number of drugs in her system? JMB was the one that said she OD'd on hydro-morphone, not hydro-codone He said she bought it on the street for 50.00 a pill. Highly unlikely that it brings 50.00 a pill. I just had that last month after my surgery, and 20 pills cost less than 8.00.

Personally, I don't care if JMB has a brain tumor. I know it wasn't in all likelihood surgically removed or he'd be sporting a nice scar.

I know he said he had his teeth removed because of the anti-seizure drugs, or they were rotten, or got knocked out. Whichever one you want to believe. I know all about how anti-seizure meds hurt your teeth, considering that I take them, but I don't have three or more excuses as to why I am missing teeth.

And I've just realized I'm wasting my time talking about this, I have major surgery coming up next week, and I should be focusing on what's important and it sure isn't JMB.

I agree, I would not trust him either. I do feel sorry that he lost his son though.

I think that a lot of Mark and Melissa's problems were caused by Christopher's murder. That's just my opinion, but I really believe that it's entirely possible that an event like that can cause parents to "flip out" and do some pretty unsavory things. That doesn't excuse their behavior, but it IMO at least partially explains it. Mark seems to be doing much better now, though. I really feel sorry for him, and I feel sorry for all the victims of this terrible crime. Hopefully, soon the real killer will be arrested, tried and convicted and begin to pay for his crime.

I think that a lot of Mark and Melissa's problems were caused by Christopher's murder. That's just my opinion, but I really believe that it's entirely possible that an event like that can cause parents to "flip out" and do some pretty unsavory things. That doesn't excuse their behavior, but it IMO at least partially explains it. Mark seems to be doing much better now, though. I really feel sorry for him, and I feel sorry for all the victims of this terrible crime. Hopefully, soon the real killer will be arrested, tried and convicted and begin to pay for his crime.

I agree........ I would not want to be in any of their shoes.

I believe it's a pretty well-established fact that Mark B worked for the WMPD as a drug informant. In fact, IIRC, he did time because he sold drugs to an undercover agent. My question is why did the police treat Terry H with kid gloves?

He had a sexual assault in his past (Mildred French), and his victim (the same Ms. French) was attacked because she went to the police to report him for spousal and child abuse (not Pam, Amanda and Stevie but his first wife and son). Later, after the testing results from the hairs were made public, again Terry H received the kid glove treatment. He was questioned by the WMPD, but he was not treated in any way like a suspect. Mind you, this is after he has shot his brother-in-law (and his brother-in-law had died of complications from the gunshot wound). Can someone tell me why was he never considered to be a suspect?

BBM: Actually it was the Feds he was working for, not the WMPD. The information is in "Devil's Knot."

BBM: Actually it was the Feds he was working for, not the WMPD. The information is in "Devil's Knot."

In this video clip Byers confronts Mara about the inaccuracies in her book and she apologized on camera. Me thinks she may have stretched the truth about many other things as well.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5RBAdBMbM4"]John Mark Byers vs Mara Leveritt - YouTube[/ame]

IMO, when the State lost their "Satanic ritual murder" motive (when the "Satanic panic" died down and disappeared because it was so much BS), is when the State knew that it was merely a matter of time until the fact that the Emperor had no clothes (the State had no case) would become painfully clear. That has happened. The State should have taken the hint and joined with the defense in a motion to have the verdicts vacated based on new information that established reasonable doubt. Since the State has backed its heels in this case, eventually they will end up with egg on their face. And they could have avoided it!

In this video clip Byers confronts Mara about the inaccuracies in her book and she apologized on camera. Me thinks she may have stretched the truth about many other things as well.

John Mark Byers vs Mara Leveritt - YouTube

He was an informant, and that did NOT only come from Mara Leveritt.

Have you read "Devil's Knot?" There is a lot of information in that book from other sources that explains Byers' past along with how corrupt the WMPD was at the time of the murders.

He was an informant, and that did NOT only come from Mara Leveritt.

Have you read "Devil's Knot?" There is a lot of information in that book from other sources that explains Byers' past along with how corrupt the WMPD was at the time of the murders.

If you view the clip above you will see him confront her about the inaccuracies/lies she wrote about him and she even apologizes to him, but he refuses to give her the autograph she is seeking. You should watch it, a real eye-opener and funny too.

If you view the clip above you will see him confront her about the inaccuracies/lies she wrote about him and she even apologizes to him, but he refuses to give her the autograph she is seeking. You should watch it, a real eye-opener and funny too.

This proves NOTHING. Mara is writing a sequel to her book, and I have a sneaking suspicion that Mark won't be a suspect in this one. The reason that there is a new suspect is that new information was found that points in a different direction. Only a fool would dismiss new information in a murder case without a thorough investigation.

Just watched the video above. I think its exceptional! I have watched several videos on Byers. He always maintains his cool. Even when provoked. I don't think he had anything to do with it. He is obviously on some serious drugs (I assume prescribed). I can't imagine what he has gone through. I don't think he had anything to do with and because of all the pain and suffering he has gone through I would never judge him or his actions. I would be a complete basket case and would pop pills like candy.

I think he handled himself extremely well in the video above. If someone accused me of killing my son, I would have tore into her with a curse filled tirade!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back