Questions About The Twilight Series

WillenFan, How hard was that for you to write those snippets? I read that series in four days. I never would have been able to write such short descriptions! Kudos to you!!!

LOL it took me about a half hour so not long. Like I said I am HUGE fan of these books. I know everything about the books and the movies. New Moon hits theaters in November but I keep up with everything cast/movie related. :)

I just want to bring this up to the top so its not forgot about. Again if you have any questions feel free to ask me here or to PM me. :)

Sorry, the Twilight theme is too old for a 10 year old. No 10 year old should be reading about killings, blood thirst and teen passion. No 10 year old should have MySpace and be available for "serious relationships" or walking herself home either. That is the biggest problem in most of these real life horror stories - adults treating children like adults.

Reminds me of NB's mom who said the 5 year old was "mature for her age". STFU! She was 5!

Sorry, the Twilight theme is too old for a 10 year old. No 10 year old should be reading about killings, blood thirst and teen passion. No 10 year old should have MySpace and be available for "serious relationships" or walking herself home either. That is the biggest problem in most of these real life horror stories - adults treating children like adults.

Reminds me of NB's mom who said the 5 year old was "mature for her age". STFU! She was 5!

ITA!!!! This makes me ill. I have a child a bit older and I don't want her reading this now that I know what it is about.

Children are children and need to be children. This rush to have them grow up is just wrong. It used to be kids tried to act grown up, like girls wearing makeup,clothes etc and parents and all discouraged it. Now it seems like the adults are pushing them. Children are only children for a short time, humans spend more of their lives as adults. I look at mine and just love the time we have now, I know at some point I won't be the same part of their life, I won't have childish laughter and all in my home and that makes me sad.

I would honestly read the books before you judge them. They are NOT that bad and they do not go into detail at all. IMO they are fine for a 10 year old to read.

I agree with both of you. It totally depends on how mature or immature the 10 year old is, IMO. The books do not go in to great detail about killing and the relationship. I'm not sure about the movies, I won't go see them. I have an image of Edward (an clan) that I do not want distubed LOL!

I let my 11 year old read the series. (he borrowed them from me). I am a big fan. I have read them numerous times I have almost all the movie posters and i cant wait until November for New Moon

Deborah “Kalai” Fourzan was lured away by a "family friend" earlier this year with the promise of attending an anime convention and was found with her kidnapper on her way to the Twilight sites. Ironically, she was found in Greys Harbor in March 2009. Anyone have any info on why he would waive extradiction or who are the Mother's family friends in WA/
http://www.news-star.com/localnews/...-missing-Tecumseh-girl-jailed-on-500-000-bond

http://www.news-star.com/localnews/x297235323/Extradition-complete

http://www.thevidette.com/archives/19mar09/index.html

Take no offense Twilight fans - just didn't know where else to put this:

Sure would like to be able to access this and see exactly who the members are. It says there are 22 of them.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GraysHarborOccultists/

From a description of the group on the homepage:

"Mysterious, not divulged or disclosed, secret; To become hidden or concealed from view."

I've always felt there is a darkness within the perimeters of Lindsey's "acquaintance circle". It was one of the first things I noticed while researching her "friends". Or her "friends friends", to be exact.

snipped from the Forks Forum website. Sorry if this has been posted and discussed already
'Twilight' summer school in Forks
On June 25 through June 28 “The Summer School in Forks: A Twilight Symposium” is being held at Forks High School.

http://www.forksforum.com/twilight

I began reading Twilight last night and its a little creepy. The beginning(I'm only on chap 10) is about a boy and a girl in high school who are attracted to each other. The boy repeated warns the girl that he is dangerous and not a good person for her to be with however, she doesn't care what he is and trusts him not to hurt her. He tells her he can read minds, follow her scent, saves her life a couple of times and warns her not to go into the woods alone - there are things more dangerous than him in the woods. Granted, my interpretation and opinion of the book would be different had I read it before Lindsey went missing.

Take no offense Twilight fans - just didn't know where else to put this:

Sure would like to be able to access this and see exactly who the members are. It says there are 22 of them.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GraysHarborOccultists/

From a description of the group on the homepage:

"Mysterious, not divulged or disclosed, secret; To become hidden or concealed from view."

I've always felt there is a darkness within the perimeters of Lindsey's "acquaintance circle". It was one of the first things I noticed while researching her "friends". Or her "friends friends", to be exact.

Thank you for that link. I was very much suprise to read how many local area's around Mccleary are incorporated to this group. Also lead me to an uneasy feeling. especially the wording you used above.

Mysterious, not divulged or disclosed, secret; To become hidden or cncealed from view. Could have some of lindsey friends or family involved within this group. Could that be why there is fear among the town. Makes one wonder.

New twilight movie the Eclipse. Kind of found article interesting.

http://paralleluniverse.msn.com/features/movies/twilight-actor-injured-on-set/?gt1=28140

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/09/78240/index.html

Wonder if there is more to Lindsey going missing.

I don't think she was that far from the actual Forks. I personally don't think there is any Twilight connection to her disappearance.

Yeah I def get what you are saying and like I said a lot of little girls fall inlove with Edward. It's just crazy the little girls that are so into Twilight. I mean like I said Robert Pattinson who plays him in the movie has had young girls crying over him and asking him to bite them. I dont know if Lindsey was Team Jacob and Bella or Team Edward and Bella. If she was into Jacob more than Edward then my thoughts on the possibility of there being a Twilight connection to her being gone wouldn't be right.
I am in my early 40's and will gladly admit I have a huge crush on Edward Cullen, myself. :blushing:

I have read the books, seen the movie, and look forward to the upcoming movie.

I think it's important to explore every avenue when it comes to finding missing children/ people. I just have a hard timing believing 'Twilight' had
anything to do with her disappearence. But, I am happy people are willing to look at everything, it is so important- no rock unturned.

A huge THANK YOU to Willenfan for the synopsis! Wonderful job! Makes me want to start reading the entire series all over again!

Thank you for that link. I was very much suprise to read how many local area's around Mccleary are incorporated to this group. Also lead me to an uneasy feeling. especially the wording you used above.

Mysterious, not divulged or disclosed, secret; To become hidden or cncealed from view. Could have some of lindsey friends or family involved within this group. Could that be why there is fear among the town. Makes one wonder.

This made the hair on the back of my neck stand up!!

New twilight movie the Eclipse. Kind of found article interesting.

http://paralleluniverse.msn.com/features/movies/twilight-actor-injured-on-set/?gt1=28140

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/09/78240/index.html

You can read their messages. Looks like a group of Pagans. Seem like nice folks. Don't see any connection here.

Putting this here as well.

-----------------------------------

Ages ago, (for awhile), we were getting our dark romance from reading Anne Rice novels and watching "Interview with a Vampire."

(I think the girls only want hickeys (sp.) and not the real deal.)

Anyway, sometime during that phase I went through, the horror became frighteningly real because someone in my apartment building with the predilections of a true vampire began stalking me.

Girls can be lured into the path of someone who intends harm to them because they are caught up in fantasy.

What ever happened to the guy, Concentric? When you say predilections, what exactly do you mean? Just curious, don't know much about it.

Wow I was just reading back on this thread! Eclipse has already been released and they are now filming Breaking Dawn! I can't wait to see them! I'm still obsessed with the whole series/movies.

As I said before I dont' think there is any connection to Twilight. The only thing that could be a plausible connection was as I said above is if she was Team Edward & some sicko met her through Myspace & convinced her that he was just like him. Another thing could be if some sicko lured her using Twilight. For example since she is not far from Forks Washington and the other places in WA he could have lured her that way. I've learned since then that Forks has a lot of Twilight stuff in it. They actually have a thing called "Twilight Tours" where you can take a bus and visit all the towns that the books are set in and see some of the places that the movie was filmed at. Other than that I don't think there would be any other connection.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back