Questions and Comments On Breaking News 08- 22

dragonfly707 said:
I do not think there will be cameras in the hearing. I heard last night but I do not know if it is true that there would be a news conference after the hearing.

I am sure there are talking heads who will talk after the hearing on what went on inside.

Dragon, I heard on CTV that they will have cameras live.

MrsMush99 said:
Dragon, I heard on CTV that they will have cameras live.

You could be right MM supposedly the shot we are all seeing of the ceiling is inside the courtroom. I find it odd that nothing has happened in there then as of yet. Many have said that this issue would go forward first in order to get the area clear of the media.

dragonfly707 said:
At this point you are right JDB the media has not been able to report that there is any proof that he was ever in CO, only speculation from people he either talked to or emailed. But nothing from the CO DA's office has been reported on yet.
The other big thing that bothers me an I know I said it last night. His claim he was at the open house at the Ramsey's. But no one has come forward saying they saw him there.And now we find out he moved to Petaluma to be closer to the Klass case until Davis confessed. He is just a whack job.

Did anyone just hear what this woman said on MSNBC??? That the courthouse doesn't LOOK like a madhouse looking at the ceiling. What is wrong with these people??

JDB said:
The other big thing that bothers me an I know I said it last night. His claim he was at the open house at the Ramsey's. But no one has come forward saying they saw him there.And now we find out he moved to Petaluma to be closer to the Klass case until Davis confessed. He is just a whack job.
Quite possible JDB but if true he is the biggest Wack Job in history. I think that because he was in Thailand and the CO DA did little to really investigate what would tie him to the case before bringing him back to the USA has only contributed to making this the media display that it is. He is strange ( admitted by the atty Julie Harmon this morning, but she says he is lucid and needs to be taken seriously) My question is seriously in what manner? Seriously a nut? or seriously a killer?

I am just dumbfounded, how the DA (or whomever is steering this investigation of Karr), is doggedly pursuing Karr. Yet this level of follow-through, did not appear to be something that BPD was even remotely cpable of doing, even when Attorney Wood and his private investigation team (Ollie?) practically handed some incredibly good leads back in the late 90s and early 2001.

BPD is one sorry *advertiser censored* piece of LE.

Remember the video-taped interview of John Ramsey (August of 2000) ?
It was painful to read the transcript of Levin being so flippant and argumentative, when Wood handed him leads on a GD platter. Yet they seem to have waited to help follow up on the strange emails the Ramsey's had received, until Tracey communicated they to BPD.

http://www.acandyrose.com/atl2000-interviews-john-ramsey.txt

Snip from transcript, where they appear to be talking about emails. From Karr?
...This is a -- these Patricia
3 letters are incredibly bizarre. When I read
4 those things, this wasn't just an internet
5 quack, in my opinion. This was somebody who
6 was watching us, who knew a lot about us,
7 who would talk about the killer being
8 actually a pretty nice guy.
9 You know, we tried desperately to
10 track this back. He's a very clever fellow.
11 He used several servers in his Internet
12 transmissions. We couldn't, couldn't track
13 it back. But I still am very interested in
14 that.
15 I have an original letter that I
16 am convinced the same guy sent me that was
17 written in a different -- supposedly it is a
18 different author, but it's the same. So I
19 mean, it could be the killer. I don't know.
20 But it's a lead.

1. One count first degree murder.

2. One count felony murder.

3. one count first degree kidnapping

4. one count second degree kidnapping

5. one count of sexual assault on a child

Why so many similar charges? the different types of murder and kidnapping???

I'm starting to get the feeling Karr is going to start saying he was with JBR in mind not body.

JDB said:
Just reading threads here stuck at work.But there still is no proof he was ever in Colo. Also them driving him instead of flying is telling me they hope he says more since he will not be in custody again since no charges are filed yet.IMHO this man is sick but did not kill JBR. Until I see DNa match or he was in colo I will keep saying that.

Me too JDB...

dragonfly707 said:

Because the DA has no clue what is going on.Now that he has waived his right to go to Colo. my understandig is the DA will have 48 hours to put up or shut up.

I pitched all my Ramsey books a couple years ago, and I know there are certain things still redacted in warrants and such. But in Wechts book, Medical Examiner Myer consulted with someone on his findings - and that man's name is listed in the book. I just can't recall his name.

Anyone know it?

JDB said:
Because the DA has no clue what is going on.Now that he has waived his right to go to Colo. my understandig is the DA will have 48 hours to put up or shut up.
HI JDB Actually, he can be held in CO for 72 hours without being charged. After that he must be charged or released. If he is released, they probably have a year or 2 to charge him if something should surface.

Jamie Harmon stood outside the courthouse and said that JMK has been portrayed by the media as unstable, attention seeking and mentally unwell, she went on to futher say that he is none of those things.

Since when is a law degree a pshychiatric degree????:waitasec:

JBean said:
HI JDB Actually, he can be held in CO for 72 hours without being charged. After that he must be charged or released. If he is released, they probably have a year or 2 to charge him if something should surface.
Bottom dollar he will never be charged.The only way he did this is in his own head. Any man who moves his family after Polly Klass went missing to be closure to the case is NUTZ.

Last night I heard a lady on TV mention there was a second drop of blood on JB's panties. Is this common knowlege?

Also, Karr spent some time in Honduras. This is also where the man, who owned or ran that pedo sight where Bluefire posted and Karr posted there. This man moved to Honduras with his newly adopted little girl. Do you think they knew each other after the pedo site was shut down? River posted about this site at: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42236&page=2&pp=25

""A wonderful long time poster, Lurker, at FFJ shared this yesterday.

"I don't know if you saw my post on this yesterday. Bluefire is an international pedophile whose real name is Marcus Levis. Before he left the country, he ran several pedophilia websites (this was verified by checking him out at Blackbook and other sites where owner's names are listed). He was very close to jameson, who gave him free membership and allowed him to post links to his pedo sites. She gave him, gratis, scads and scads of free bandwidth.

One internet researcher found John Karr listed as a member on one of Bluefire's websites--the one about Child Movie Stars, where young stars like Shirley Temple and others are shown on the front page. But if you sign up for membership, you get to the private part of the forum. (I did not go there).

Misty, may she rest in peace, reported Levis and his websites to ICE. They could not apprehend him, as he was in Honduras, with a little six-year-old "adopted" daughter!
: RiverRat

Bump

This thread is about the size the BREAKING NEWS thread should be, not 10 pages of commentary, which I have not read. I have been getting my news from TV.

I cannot be online forever!

Is there any breaking news?

Glad you brought up the question of what is "common knowledge"., I'm not sure that Karr's apparent description of various aspects of the Ramsey's house interior (e.g. stairwell) is meaningful. Considering that photos of the interior were taken after BPD packed up their toy box, and left the house.

Recall this report of photos that were published in the Globe (Issue March 1997):

JonBenet case photos in Globe
Boulder district attorney calls it `reprehensible' to run pictures of
rooms inside house, but legal.
Date: March 11, 1997 Publication: The Atlanta Journal and The Atlanta

snip...
The Globe supermarket tabloid has published photos taken in rooms of JonBenet Ramsey's home after her death. Globe attorney Michael Kahane said the photos appearing this week, taken at the home after police had departed, were obtained legally from a source.

The photos show JonBenet's bedroom, stairwell, and the basement room where the body of the slain beauty princess was found, he said. He said four law enforcement experts examined the photos at the...etc

Such a weird case.

dragonfly707 said:

They bring similar charges because the prosecutor only gets one bite of the apple (the concept of double jeopardy). You have to bring all the charges for a single crime at one time. You can't keep trying someone on the same crime over and over again on different charges.

Not sure how Colorado distinguishes between first and second degree kidnapping, but usually the difference is aggravating circumstances (e.g. a demand for money/ransom, though almost always the unlawful detention of a child meets the requirements of a first degree kidnapping charge, whether or not ransom is demanded). Likewise, the difference between first and second degree murder usually involves premeditation.

For an example, let's say a prosecutor brings charges of first degree and second degree murder. During deliberations, the jury determines that the defendant is guilty of murder, but the murder was not premeditated. So they find the defendant guilty of second degree murder and not guilty of first degree murder.

In the same example, if the prosecutor only brought the single charge of first degree murder, the jury, if it determined the crime was not premeditated, would have to find the defendant not guilty of the crime.

You may see the charges narrowed down when the case comes to trial, as the prosecutor determines he/she doesn't have enough evidence to convict on some of the charges, and you may see additional charges if they discover other evidence.

Karen

JBean said:
There is no statute of limitations on murder. If they find evidence, they can charge him at any time.

Karen

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back