R.I.P. Steve Jobs - Apple founder dead at 56

A truly smart person. Condolences to his family.

RIP Steven Paul Jobs
1956-2011

:tears::tears::tears::tears::tears:

Such a remarkable person who truely changed my life with his brilliance. His death will effect many who know his story from the garage to now. RIP Steve Jobs, gone too soon.

There was a magazine that had a couple of photos of Steve Jobs months ago -- he was not well. At least he's not suffering anymore.

Bless you Steve.

Mel

A true visionary that actually changed the world... gone far, far too soon. RIP Steve...

Steve Jobs was a legend and will live on in the American psyche for generations to come. There are millions of people worldwide that have shed tears today for this loss.

My condolence to all of the Apple family who'd come to know and love Mr. Jobs. In addition, special prayers to Steve Jobs' family. To the world he was a genious. To his family he was a husband, life-partner,... and dad.

Bless you Steve Jobs. You no longer feel any pain. Now you can RIP, knowing you left this world a better place.

sincerely,
fran
:rose:

RIP. You left so much for all of us! You will never be forgotten. You changed the world in a beautiful way!

At the time of his recent resignation from the Board of Apple, I knew he was not going to be alive for much longer. When I heard the news yesterday evening, I cried.

I worked in the advertising industry for many years, and was the first person in my office to own an Apple Computer. At the time, I took out a loan from my bank and purchased an Apple IICX, a laser II printer and a copy of Quark XPress-- and was on the forefront of the desktop publishing revolution. Apple's product's changed advertising design and production because they were intuitive-- creative people like myself found them incredibly easy to use. Steve Jobs was a creative and marketing genius, and I know I will not see his like in my lifetime. What a loss for the world!

My thoughts and prayers go to his wife, children and family-- who have been at his side through his long illness and who are undoubtedly suffering. May he rest in peace.

Wow....I had no idea about his background

Steve Paul Jobs, as they named him, grew up without ever knowing his biological father. It seems he had no interest in knowing him later in life, either. When, in August 2011, the London tabloid The Sun, contacted Jandali, he publicly reached out to Steve saying, "I live in hope that before it is too late he will reach out to me. Even to have just one coffee with him just once would make me a very happy man."

But Steve never replied. Less than two months later, he has passed away.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shirin-sadeghi/steve-jobs-was-an-arab-am_b_997470.html

RIP Steve. You have changed the world. :rose:

RIP Steve Jobs, what a legacy he has left the world.

A VERY SAD DAY INDEED
this is the first I really got to understand who Steve Job is.
I was WOW'd by this vidio.

[video=youtube;UF8uR6Z6KLc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc[/video]

tr21.gif

My deepest sympathy goes out to Mr. Jobs' family, friends, colleagues and to the world wide web for the loss of a remarkable man. A true genius. Mr. Jobs' legacy will live on forever... Because of Mr. Jobs; my life is easier, more manageable, enjoyable and I can stay in touch with loved one with the push of a few buttons and clicks. There are no words.

Attachments

• Apple.JPG
    Apple.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 7
I LOVE HIS PARTING WORDS IN THAT SPEECH
"STAY HNGRY STAY FOOLISH" Steve Job :beats:

[video=youtube;0Aihad_cGWQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Aihad_cGWQ[/video]

liberal values are good for business.

gates and jobs and other liberals prove it every day.

long live American liberal exceptionalism.

goodnight sweet prince of araby.

:heart:

I don't know much about Steve Jobs, but read this interesting account from Noah Wylie, who portrayed Mr. Jobs in a cable movie:

We were under a very strict directive not to contact the people we were playing for fear that they would find something libelous in the script and shut the production down. So I didn't. The day after the movie aired [in 1999], I was sitting in my living room and my phone with what I thought was my unlisted phone number rang.

"Noah?" said the voice.

"Yes," I said.

"This is Steve Jobs."

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/10/07/noah-wyle-steve-jobs/?source=cnn_bin&hpt=hp_bn5

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back