Rafaelle Sollicito on Anderson Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is just following his lawyers attempt to separate himself from Knox IMO. Anything he says now has no effect on the final appeal. It is all too late now so I don't understand what the point is of these interviews.

Not to mention holding their hands and tossing them easy questions. I don't enjoy these soft interviews with people that have been convicted (I know not final) of murder.

I would like one to ask her/him about the mop/flood story... and return questions.

I would like to hear him explain the knife pricking Meredith story... and return questions.

I would like to hear her explain the bathmat boogie... and return questions.

I would like to hear her explain the previous prank before she went to Italy... and return questions.

I would like to hear her explain where the money for the large deposit came from when she withdrew a much smaller amount earlier... and return questions.

I would like to hear her explain calling a cocaine dealer/friend both before and after Meredith's murder... and return questions.

I would like to hear her explain why she didn't try Meredith's phones while standing outside her locked door... and return questions.

I would like to hear him explain why he wore his knife into a murder investigation involving a knife... and returned amazed questions.

A really good reporter/commentator could really leave them looking/sounding/seeming guilty as all get out with some probing questions.
Heck... they might break down right on tv. Think of the ratings!

So far... nobody is able or willing to do any of that. :banghead:

Not to mention holding their hands and tossing them easy questions. I don't enjoy these soft interviews with people that have been convicted (I know not final) of murder.

I would like one to ask her/him about the mop/flood story... and return questions.

I would like to hear him explain the knife pricking Meredith story... and return questions.

I would like to hear her explain the bathmat boogie... and return questions.

I would like to hear her explain the previous prank before she went to Italy... and return questions.

I would like to hear her explain where the money for the large deposit came from when she withdrew a much smaller amount earlier... and return questions.

I would like to hear her explain calling a cocaine dealer/friend both before and after Meredith's murder... and return questions.

I would like to hear her explain why she didn't try Meredith's phones while standing outside her locked door... and return questions.

I would like to hear him explain why he wore his knife into a murder investigation involving a knife... and returned amazed questions.

A really good reporter/commentator could really leave them looking/sounding/seeming guilty as all get out with some probing questions.
Heck... they might break down right on tv. Think of the ratings!

So far... nobody is able or willing to do any of that. :banghead:

That will NEVER happen. For the reason that these are just "bait" stories for these networks. IMO. Meaning, they are "easy" stories where they don't have to care that much about getting the actual facts straight, b/c they are not of great importance (to the general public) and most people don't know enough about the case to even be able to tell if the reporter is asking the "right" quesitons or not. The networks just use them as bait, to reel in viewers and increase their ratings.

Actually, the reporter cannot ask the right questions, b/c the reporter really knows nothing about the case. IMO. They don't have the time to study the details of the case, nor it is of any importance to them. What probably happens is that their producer gives them a list of general questions and they just ask those. There are no follow-up questions, b/c how do you ask a follow-up to an original question which you know nothing about in the first place?

Additionally, IMO, Amanda and RS, or in these "fluff" stories, the guest, probably has given the producer a list of questions they won't answer from the very beginning. They would never do these interviews in the first place if they thought there would be hard questions. IMO.

Most mainstream reporters don't care about getting the facts right or even learning anything about these type of stories, b/c it does nothing for their reputation and career-goals. Now, if they were interviewing President Obama, you can bet they would do their full research and triple-check all of their facts and be on top of everything (hopefully). That would be a big deal for their career.

These other stories I don't think they worry about the facts or details, b/c they view them as just "fluff" stories.

JMO.

What will turning on Amanda do for him ? Absolutely nothing. IMO.

It will do nothing, but it might do something for him emotionally. I think this is what it's all about at this point.

I think Rudy was the one who realized it would do nothing for him to talk, that's why he didn't. Or maybe he was advised this by his counsel and he listened to them. Plus, there is, IMO, a race aspect to this as well because Rudy knew he would be goinng up against a White, All-American college-educated young woman, and a White, Italian, Affluent son of a doctor. So IMO, he realized the odds were against him of anyone believing his story vs. theirs, if it came down to a he-said-she-said type deal.

I think at this point, whatever RS says about Amanda (if he does) will be just to stick it to her, IMO. That hey, I am not going to be the only one out of the two of us that goes down in this thing. I am not going to let you walk around free while I am locked up in prison.

JMO.

I know you are right aa... but I can dream.

Think of a young reporter (maybe from Seattle) getting a great inside interview with AK if they think he/she is going to ask the same soft questions. About half way thru the young reporter lets loose some of these fastballs. That would be great for ratings and might skyrocket the reporter's career. What if she answered?

A pipe dream... I know.

Hi All,

I'm new, so be patient.

I think this self-correction is the biggest tell in this interview:

"I don't want to pay for some for[eigner?]... for someone else [sic] peculiar behaviour." [Edit: I know this could be him stuttering with English: for a... for a...; but it sounds as if he was about to say foreigner.]

It seems like Sollecito is considering the possibility of a final confirmation of the guilty verdicts and the possibility that Knox may not be extradited or extradition is refused (he notices her generally successful PR campaign in the States) and thus ending up relatively free (I don't think she'll travel to Europe again, unless extradited). Whatever the permutation, it seems he is considering the possibility that he may end up in jail in Italy and she not. And a glimmer of his resentment shines through when he wants to say "I don't want to pay for some [foreigner's peculiar behaviour/actions/crimes etc.]

Given that all three of the convicted party have been playing this game of subtle threats by hinting at each other's complicity, but no one comes out explicitly with what happened, one wonders exactly what happened that lead to the murder. Something shameful and embarrassing? I know there are juicy hypotheses and these gaps, distancing tactics and hints of blame and complicity to each other add to that.

<modsnip>

I know you are right aa... but I can dream.

Think of a young reporter (maybe from Seattle) getting a great inside interview with AK if they think he/she is going to ask the same soft questions. About half way thru the young reporter lets loose some of these fastballs. That would be great for ratings and might skyrocket the reporter's career. What if she answered?

A pipe dream... I know.

Ohhhhh dgfred you are onto something here. What about, a reporter for the UW school newspaper??

But the thing is, I know Amanda would reject that interview (IMO), because she wouldn't want to waste her time with the little leagues. In other words, she goes for the big national networks which gives her nation-wide publicity. Hometown reporter can't compete with GMA, IYKWIM.

aa9511.....I don't know for sure, but I suspect a lot of TV interviews are set-up and proposed by PR people, and I am sure they have to approve the questions.

<modsnip>

Just too many inconsistencies.

Topic of thread: Rafaelle Sollicito's interview on Anderson Cooper
STAY ON TOPIC!!!!

aa9511.....I don't know for sure, but I suspect a lot of TV interviews are set-up and proposed by PR people, and I am sure they have to approve the questions.

<modsnip>

Just too many inconsistencies.

Yes, absolutely agree. THey wouldn't do them if there was a chance for surprise.

The new thread is not replacing this one; just a separate thread I was notifying about. :)

An honorable and ethical person would be honest in their book and on the internet IMO.

Doesn't really matter if he 'turns on her' anyway since they are at trial and appeal together. Turning on her is turning on himself IMO.

That's why the criminals and liars that persecute him hate him so much. He is everything they are not. He has honor, he will not lie and destroy innocent person not only to protect his career like they do, but even to protect his own life.

They hate him twice because he didn't bow to their force and stoop to their level. Nencini made it clear. "We must destroy him because he won't be like us".

:floorlaugh: :boohoo: :silly:

Waiting for a cite or two with these accusations :waiting: .

Justice prevailed :therethere: .

RS is a regular Honest Abe.

Did he prick Meredith while cooking together like he wrote in his diary? No

Did he have a reason for writing RG might say 'strange' things about him upon RG's capture? Probably

Was he sending emails to professors during the murder time period like he said on his internet charade? No... of course not.

Was he watching a movie, hanging with AK, doing the nasty, eating late, watching his kitchen flood, turning off his phone for no reason, taking showers, washing ears, and watching cartoons like he has claimed at certain times? No. A big no.

Was AK at his apartment or not... is he sure? I know he is but he claims he isn't at this point. So no, she wasn't there because neither was he.

Was he going to ask AK to marry him before he found another to discuss it with on the internet? Probably... before somebody did some google-foo for him and let him know that wasn't a way to avoid extradition. Duh.

Did he think that trying to say that he hasn't spoken up about his innocence because nobody asked him? I hope not after multiple (too many IMO) chances to do so.

Was he doing recon in the Dominican Repulic for a safe-haven? Was Switzerland previously? Was Austria recently? Likely IMO.

Is he finally realizing he is in quicksand with no rope or help around? I think so.

:jail:

New post on Raffaele on Knox blog:

Raffaele is not a slave

Raffaele-3-300x300.jpg

http://www.amandaknox.com/2014/02/11/raffaele-is-not-a-slave/

I do imagine that being convicted of a murder that you have little or no chance of getting away with is quite the whirlwind of emotions.

I just don't think claiming to be a victim instead of fighting the actual evidence against you is the best strategy/idea. First it is like a disease... now it is like being a slave/not a slave. Trying to hit some hot buttons it seems to me.

This attempt to use emotional pleading is backfiring IMO. Makes people look over the evidence more. Then they both have zero answers... or at least reasonable ones.

:facepalm:

What did the post say?

I have never and will never visit that website...
Neither will I! I have no desire to read her lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member