Ramesy's Damed if they do, Damed if they don't, or is there more than meets the eye?

SleuthingSleuth said:
I've been interested in whether the phone records had been checked or not...but has been difficult in trying to find out much about the matter.
I am very interested in the phone records too. I think there is valuable information to be gleaned from knowing just what the story is about them. Something went on, I'm sure, but I don't think it was John Ramsey keeping the records from the police.

Klaas has as much right to speak on this as anyone. He knows what it's like.

SuperDave said:
Klaas has as much right to speak on this as anyone. He knows what it's like.

Klass should keep his freaking mouth shut. If they want to have him on to talk about being a victim and how a parent feels, fine.

Just because the man had a daughter killed doesn't give him the right to go on television and possibly torpedo the possibility of convicting some other killer by spewing forth inaccurate and previously disproven information. Just because Klass wasn't personally briefed on what they have on Karr and the media wasn't given the information, doesn't mean there isn't a case. I saw him on early this week or late last week and he was still talking about how John said he picked her up from school (which the Thai Jossie Mansour said he got from a documentary and not from Karr).

I mean does he and all these other talking heads have a brain. In one breath, they will say "the Bolder DA will not discuss what evidence they have--just that Karr knows about specific crime scene evidence" and in the other breath will say "we don't know what that specific evidence is, but have determined the DA's claim to be false because everyone knows this 'inside' information". Well okay then you genius, tell us what it is that Karr says he knows, the DA confirms that no one else knows. Huh? Tell us.

Cal

"spewing forth inaccurate and previously disproven information."

Like what?

Incidentally, Rita Crosby reported that the DA is backing off of those statements about him knowing "only secret stuff."

calus_3 said:
Klass should keep his freaking mouth shut. If they want to have him on to talk about being a victim and how a parent feels, fine.

Just because the man had a daughter killed doesn't give him the right to go on television and possibly torpedo the possibility of convicting some other killer by spewing forth inaccurate and previously disproven information. Just because Klass wasn't personally briefed on what they have on Karr and the media wasn't given the information, doesn't mean there isn't a case. I saw him on early this week or late last week and he was still talking about how John said he picked her up from school (which the Thai Jossie Mansour said he got from a documentary and not from Karr).

I mean does he and all these other talking heads have a brain. In one breath, they will say "the Bolder DA will not discuss what evidence they have--just that Karr knows about specific crime scene evidence" and in the other breath will say "we don't know what that specific evidence is, but have determined the DA's claim to be false because everyone knows this 'inside' information". Well okay then you genius, tell us what it is that Karr says he knows, the DA confirms that no one else knows. Huh? Tell us.

Cal
Has hell frozen over? I agree Cal! :D

aussiesheila said:
Thanks julianne. Isn't it also possible that FW is lying? (not about the light, but about the body not being there)
Wouldn't it be easier not to look into the winecellar at all. Or at least don't tell LE he did...

SuperDave said:
"spewing forth inaccurate and previously disproven information."

Like what?

Incidentally, Rita Crosby reported that the DA is backing off of those statements about him knowing "only secret stuff."

The interview I saw was when he said that Karr said he picked JBR from school and that he had drugged her. By that time, both had been retracted by the person who said them for days.

I'm not unsympathetic to the guy but having your daughter killed doesn't make you an expert on all cases going forward.

Cal

Seeker said:
Now I think you're the one who's kidding.

Steve Thomas? Steve Thomas wasn't even there that day!

Funny, the Ramsey's said they had already run all over the house searching for her, but they didn't bother to wake Burke up to ask him if he knew where she was or had heard anything. :rolleyes:

Funny too how John Ramsey disappeared for 45 minutes hours before Fmr Det Arndt asked him, FW & JF to check for anything out of place. I'm sooo sure JR was "terrified" when he went off on his own to search the basement, shut the broken window and latch it (like that would do any good), went outside (and lied and said he hadn't) and just sat there calmly and cooly looking through the mail. Yeah, right, terrified is the word I would have used to describe Mr Cordial too.

I know steve thomas wasn't there, it was satyrical jab at how he pretty much has said that he thought it was the parents from the get go. In fact not only was Steve Thomas not there, but only one little incompetant cop was there who was too stupid to seal the crime scene and who was too stupid to not send parents and friends to look for the body.

I also love how you speak of the events that day as if you were standing there watching. I trust your information about how JR acted about as much as I trust anything that came out of steve thomas's mouth. One sided and slanted. How do you know he non chalantly looked through his mail? You don't.

More hog wash to paint the ramseys in a bad light, but nothing more. You people harp on things they did following the crime because you can't find any evidence that says they did it. I'm sorry let me rephrase. You can't find any evidence that grand jury would find compelling enough to send up an indictment

They never did set foot inside the BPD, lawyer or not now did they.

I'm still waiting for Details to find me even 1 case where truely innocent parents did the same stuff the Ramsey's did...stall for 4 months, then set conditions on who they'd talk to and where and what questions they would answer...

Instead she sites one case where the brother was falsley accused to prove some elusive point about how the Ramsey's lawyering up so quickly was a good idea.
I know steve thomas wasn't at the house....in fact only one little incompetant cop who didn't seal the crime scene was there.

I think the point people are making is that cops get it wrong....period. David Dwalloughby is one case where after reading it, I would definately get a lawyer if my child disappeared in the night w no witnesses to confirm she or he was taken. The Vand Dams had a PR firm and attorneys from the get go, and they lied about lots of stuff. They were just fortunate enough to have her blood show up in another mans RV or they might be living the tortured life of the Ramsey's right now.

When there are witnesses to your childs kidnapping like Klass's, you just aren't put under the same umbrella of suspicion period. I don't care what anyone or even Mark Klaas says, two girls saw the shabby man take her at knife point, interogating Klaas was a formality they had to do to get it over with. His daughters body wasn't held for ransom and he didn't have detectives leaking to the media that they think he did it.

"I know steve thomas wasn't at the house....in fact only one little incompetant cop who didn't seal the crime scene was there."

No argument!

The Van Dams were cleared very quickly. That's not in dispute.

"His daughters body wasn't held for ransom"

That's a common misconception. The DA made that accusation.

"and he didn't have detectives leaking to the media that they think he did it."

Can't say as i would have done much differently, given what I had to work with (or should I say who)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back