Ramsey Protection

What is incredible to me is that they have the audacity to write this book. To me, that is what makes this case so fascinating - they do not keep a low profile.

yes,shows how desperate they are to appear innocent.
I can only imagine some close to the case or to the R's(like Stuart Long) just shaking their head when they read that book.

Thanks, JMO. I think Patsy was truly sorry that JonBenet was gone, but not for unselfish reasons.

I think she was sorry her days of pageantry and playing dress up with her live doll were done.

I think she honestly missed JonBenet, but more because she was lonely for JB to keep her company and give her validation than because it meant JB was missing out on living her life.

I definitely think she was sorry that it ruined the lives for herself and the rest of the Ramseys, dropping them into a world of suspicion and notoriety they still haven't come out of - but it couldn't have bothered her that much, because neither she nor John ever did all they could to end the suspicion and clear the Ramsey name.

I also believe that anyone who has helped the RST make a dead child secondary to what John and Patsy Ramsey wanted for their own selfish hides is as guilty as the person who killed that defenseless child.

This is what I always say about Steve Thomas - he can look at himself in the mirror and go to sleep at night with a clear conscience - because he did everything in his power to serve JonBenet the justice she deserves, right down to exposing the corruption in the DA's office with his book. He crusaded for her harder than her own parents did. Even the Rs had to admit he was truly dedicated to her and did all he could for her. Too bad that can't be said for everyone else on the case, including John and Patsy Ramsey.

Amen,all of it,couldn't have said it better.
I don't know how some of these ppl sleep at night,I really don't.

I know, Solace!!! It's unbelievable, the amount of nerve they have. Even more unbelievable is that people read that DOI claptrap and come away with a favorable impression of the Rs!

I've considered writing a book about the JBR case...not about the case itself, but about the baffling epidemic of loyalty in the IDI and need to see them as innocent, and outright refusal to accept evidence against them as fact (such as saying Levin was lying about the existence of fiber evidence to coerce them into confession, where there's nothing about the interview to indicate that would be the case.) Imo, there's no reason to believe Levin was making up the fiber evidence unless one realizes how damning it is (they do) and simply cannot accept that there's evidence tying the Rs directly to the crime scene and the body (they can't.)

I'd sure to include the Ramsey method of presenting an innocent image - say it often, say it loud, and people (who haven't studied the case in depth) will believe you.

It's an endlessly fascinating study of behavior.

It is,and that would be great,I hope you do write a book,and I also hope someone writes one on the Karr fiasco,maybe Thomas would be a good one for that?

And who does crap like that? How much of a jerk do you have to be to just walk up the outlet and yank out the cord of the vacuum, without saying anything at all, while the woman YOU hired to clean up YOUR freaking mess is trying to do her job?

The polite thing to do would have been get her attention and kindly ask her to wait to vacuum until a time when it isn't going to affect you so much.

I think JR probably didn't enjoy it at first, but grew to - once he was more and more certain that they were getting away with murder. When I saw him on LKL in December, he was positively smug.

yes,it seems to have appealed to his ego..he seems to think he must be somebody really important to have gotten away with it.
I see him only as a lying,washed up ex-CEO.

Even that book they wrote is nothing but self-serving crap, designed to pimp their image of wholesome goodness and abject innocence.

Is it just me or did the cover photo for DOI seem contrived and prissy? That cover turned me off before I even started reading the book. Grieving parents would have had a nice photograph of JonBenet on the cover. Why in the world didn't they use that shot of her that was on the back cover and confine their faces to a 1x1 shot on the inside back flap of the dust jacket like most authors do????

Is it just me or did the cover photo for DOI seem contrived and prissy? That cover turned me off before I even started reading the book. Grieving parents would have had a nice photograph of JonBenet on the cover. Why in the world didn't they use that shot of her that was on the back cover and confine their faces to a 1x1 shot on the inside back flap of the dust jacket like most authors do????

It is almost ghost like - the black background and their faces in the middle of it. That is Patsy's work. Definitely.

I could not agree more. It was just self-centered and egotistical to put themselves on the front cover instead of somewhere inside. If they don't want JonBenet on the front cover, fine, but put up a picture of something other than their own obviously made-up faces. Please. At least it wasn't a photo of her in a pageant - that would have been worse.

And I agree, Solace. I doubt JR would have really cared about dramatic effect, but Patsy was well-versed enough with photo shoots etc to know exactly what she thought would look best.

I've always thought that snooty look on Patsy's face was directed right at Steve Thomas.Like,'yea,you wrote bad about me,but just dare read this...I got you back !!'

Mine doesn't have a cover on it.It's the pprback version, so I just ripped it off.No need to have to look at her if I don't have to.It's much better that way.(my husb. thought that was funny,lol),but I just really couldn't stand to see that look on her face,or her face,period. (JR's too for that matter,although he has a more neutral look on his,like he's just there).

I agree with ya DeeDee. If there was any evidence Burke was involved, the case was closed cause of the Colorado law regarding charging children under 10.
But, I still wonder if that's the case, why would Boulder LE continue to investigate the case? That takes money and manpower.
Yes, the case was stonewalled and IMO bungled by an inexperienced police force from the 911 call on.
JMO

Well, they are not REALLY investigating. They have no funds appropriated for further investigation of this crime, from what I have read. Taxpayers paid the bill for the Karr fiasco.
They say it's still an open case- they HAVE to say that about any unsolved murder. All unsolved murders remain open cases regardless of the jurisdiction, as there is no statute of limitations on murder.
This does not meant Boulder is actually still investigating. I think someone there even admitted the case was inactive; (though still open).

I've always thought that snooty look on Patsy's face was directed right at Steve Thomas.Like,'yea,you wrote bad about me,but just dare read this...I got you back !!'

I thought the cover on Steve Thomas's book was appropriate and something similar is what I expected from the parents.

I wonder if Fleet White told them to put their portrait on the cover???? Yeah ... that must be what happened! :cool:

Lol, Albert, I'd love to use that as a book title, and I'll take that cover, JMO - just let me add a goatee and moustache to Patsy (oops, she already has the moustache) and some devil horns to JR, and we're all set.

The picture Thomas used was a beautiful picture of JonBenet. I wonder what picture of herself she would have chosen as a book cover, had she been given the choice...or if she would have even picked a picture of herself.

I've always thought that snooty look on Patsy's face was directed right at Steve Thomas.Like,'yea,you wrote bad about me,but just dare read this...I got you back !!' :laugh:Mine doesn't have a cover on it.It's the pprback version, so I just ripped it off.No need to have to look at her if I don't have to.It's much better that way.(my husb. thought that was funny,lol),but I just really couldn't stand to see that look on her face,or her face,period. (JR's too for that matter,although he has a more neutral look on his,like he's just there).

Thank you for the laugh! I wish I would have thought about doing that!:D

That book was misplaced in the stores. It was actually supposed to be in the "fiction" section, rather than the "non-fiction" section. :innocent:

I thought the cover on Steve Thomas's book was appropriate and something similar is what I expected from the parents.

indeed ! And I thought the R's had a lot of nerve to say his book disgraced her!

I wonder if Fleet White told them to put their portrait on the cover???? Yeah ... that must be what happened! :cool:

ROFL !!

Thank you for the laugh! I wish I would have thought about doing that!:D

That book was misplaced in the stores. It was actually supposed to be in the "fiction" section, rather than the "non-fiction" section. :innocent:

YW,amen to that ! maybe even the science-fiction section? I think that's what it would have to have been for an intruder to have pulled it all off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back