Ramsey's NE interview

Camper said:
When I turned 30 I thought the world was OVER!!!!

40th birthday was not a problem.

I can only imagine the look of horror on a normal 'MOM'S' face when JonBenet came out in her $$$$$$$OUTFITS$$$$$$$, how did the old song go, "Its Over", Roy Orbison sang it.

I feel certain that JonBenet enjoyed winning, and probably did not think about the 'WHY' she was winning was due in large part to her 'CLOTHING' that helped her sell her presentation to the 'Judge's'. You all heard the saying that 'clothes make the man' - well that works whoever you are and In whoever is judging you just by observing, OR OR OR if they are marking a judging card in a beauty contest, or a little girls pageant.

Hi camper, I am so pleased that your back in the JBFORUM. I have always thought your John Andrew theory could hold water.

In Reference to JB costly clothing , As Nedra always said " Mr Ramsey makes the money we will spend it"

Patsy always brought extra clothing for the less fortunate girls-- that in and of its self would make me mad, if I was another pageant mom.

The whole pageant thing...Did you see that show on Bravo called Showbiz Moms and Dads? There was a Southern pageant Mom with a blonde little girl (4!) like JonBenet.

As a mother myself, I can not understand the rationale behind putting your daughter "out there" for public consumption. Maybe since I'm an adoptive mom, I can't relate as I had no hand in my children's beauty.

Clearly it must be a female vanity/ego thing, because it appears to be "all about the mom." Especially in the case of that Bravo show as the 4-year-old went through the whole thing kicking and screaming.

Although I'm not technically in the PDI camp, I have to imagine it must have been unbearable to be a former beauty queen, stripped of female organs & therefore hormones plus undergoing chemo (thereby accelerating aging process), and approaching 40.

Patsy was probably taught to disregard her own self judging in favor of her mother's idea of who she should be. This is typical of the effect of a narcissistic mother.

As her capabilities diminished with age, Patsy put her daughter in the public forum to relive her past acclamations by proxy.

I think Patsy extended her use of JonBenet for personal recognition and gratification all the way to God by turning her into an angel and sending her to heaven.

The 40th birthday thing went beyond the typical mid-life crisis, hormonal imbalance, wrinkled skin, grey hair blues and into a mythical, Judeo/Christian judgement by God paranoia.

I can't understand why Patsy dyed JonBenet's hair blonde....sending the message to JB- your own hair color is not good enough!

JonBenet repeating Patsy's 'McDonald's makes you fat'. ( CAP had a fondness for McDonald's....did Patsy point to Pam and say see?)

I did see the Bravo documentary and it made me sick to my stomach. What starts out as fun pageant mom/daughter thing turns extremely competitive with more and more money and time spent on costumes, training, traveling, etc. I'm sure lots of moms and daughters have fun doing pageants....but what Patsy did to 6 year old JB was way over the line- bordering on child abuse.

Show Me said:
I can't understand why Patsy dyed JonBenet's hair blonde....sending the message to JB- your own hair color is not good enough!

JonBenet repeating Patsy's 'McDonald's makes you fat'. ( CAP had a fondness for McDonald's....did Patsy point to Pam and say see?)

I did see the Bravo documentary and it made me sick to my stomach. What starts out as fun pageant mom/daughter thing turns extremely competitive with more and more money and time spent on costumes, training, traveling, etc. I'm sure lots of moms and daughters have fun doing pageants....but what Patsy did to 6 year old JB was way over the line- bordering on child abuse.

So what! I saw the same Documentary. You never know unless you been there Show... Of course McDonalds makes you Fat , my children say the same thing.

No Child abuse , thats absurd!!

I went all over Texas and Oklahoma in Talent contests, Alot of those Contest were Modeling Pageants.

Please don't degrade Patsy becuse you don't understand both sides---

Tressa I believe Patsy went waaayyyy overboard with JonBenet and the pageants! What a thing to do to a 6 year old child who also had school!

Dance lessons
Singing lessons
French lessons
Violin lessons
Costume fittings
Coloring, curling the hair
Manicures
Practicing her routines
School performances
Pageants....................no wonder JonBenet still wet the bed. I think JonBenet's schedule was far too hectic for a small child. When would she have time to play?

edited to add 'violin lessons' probably should have added piano lessons also.

TressaRing28 said:
I just can't except that Show Me, I take it that your a Patsy did it theorist.

There isn't nothing wrong with Pageants. Have your ever been in one?

JonBenet enjoyed the Pageant life. Patsy enjoyed the pageant life. Patsy had been very ill , I think it was a good out for both of them.

I come more thinking Burke did it than John or Patsy.

Patsy colored Jonbenet's hair (so she would be blond), and had Jonbenet wear contact lenses so her eyes would be blue. Sounds like fun to me...not.

luvbeaches said:
Patsy colored Jonbenet's hair (so she would be blond), and had Jonbenet wear contact lenses so her eyes would be blue. Sounds like fun to me...not.

How many 6 year olds want to dye their hair and wear contac lenses? In my state it is illegal to dye a small child's hair.

What message was Patsy sending to JonBenet? Your hair is the WRONG color and your eyes are the WRONG color. You are not acceptable as you are...

I am old enough to remember the torture of the TONI and the pain of metal clip curlers piercing your scalp as you slept! Were all of our mothers nuts or did they want us all to look like Shirley Temple ,the icon of the day?
Concerning the contact issue, I believe it to be a myth, her eyes were only blue on professional photos that were color enhanced.

sissi said:
I am old enough to remember the torture of the TONI and the pain of metal clip curlers piercing your scalp as you slept! Were all of our mothers nuts or did they want us all to look like Shirley Temple ,the icon of the day?
Concerning the contact issue, I believe it to be a myth, her eyes were only blue on professional photos that were color enhanced.

Okay even if she's not wearing contacs and her eyes were enhanced with blue color.....why change JonBenet's eye color? Still shows JonBenet's natural eye color wasn't acceptable to Patsy.

I remember Shirley Temple curls, my mother never felt the need to curl my sister and I's hair that way...thank goodness!

I think that you cannot compare the shirley temple ringlets with bleaching a 5 year old's hair. For one thing, the Shirley Temple ringlets were universally fashionable for little girls. It was mothers trying to make their own little darlings look like a real life child star. In fact, ringlets have been a fashion for little girls for hundreds of years. I achieved this look for my own 4 year old for a wedding - using rags.

Patsy didn't bleach JonBenet's hair because the bleaching of a 5 year old's hair was fashionable. On the contrary, it isn't. What Patsy did was shocking to a lot of people - including her own friends.

I think there is a difference between following fashions for fashion's sake .... and subjecting a child to adult beauty treatments to make that child more attractive to adults (I am thinking here of pageant judges).

When I was having my own hair highlighted a few weeks ago, I made a point of asking my hairdresser if bleaching a child's hair was illegal in this country. She said no, but she definitely wouldn't bleach the hair of a child under 14 - not even if the parent's requested it.

IMO, being on the receiving end, it was worse! Those "tonettes" were strong smelling perms that often left marks on the scalp from chemical burns.
The eye color was not Patsy's choice, as it was uncovered in interview with the photographer as his efforts to make her portfolio the "best". We can argue that Patsy knew of his work, and should have expected the changes.

Show Me said:
How many 6 year olds want to dye their hair and wear contac lenses? In my state it is illegal to dye a small child's hair.

What message was Patsy sending to JonBenet? Your hair is the WRONG color and your eyes are the WRONG color. You are not acceptable as you are...

The message she sent to JonBenet was....You are not pretty enough, but I can fix it. No wonder JonBenet threw a snit-fit when Patsy wanted her to wear the black pants and red shirt (so they would be wearing matching outfits) on Christmas Eve. I'm not surprised one bit that JonBenet had toilet issues. She was sending Patsy a message loud and clear...leave me alone!!

Patsy could change JonBenet's hair color to a more "suitable" color and change her eyes to blue, but JonBenet controled her body functions, not Patsy.

As for her eyes, even in the tapes her eyes were blue, so how would a photographer be able to alter the color in a video (as another poster suggested)? I personally believe she wore contacts...yes, someone could alter the eye color in a still photo, but not in a video.

Do we recall that JonBenet was found crying in the kitchen area the night of the Dec 23 party, saying something about not feeling pretty.

My mom put my hair up in what was called 'kid curlers'. Soft kid leather with a heavy wire encased. Every morning for school, I got my hair done in curls/ringlets, I can still feel my moms hands as she carefully worked my hair. I felt dorky with those things bobbing around like corkscrews, but mom 'loved em'. I am the same age as Shirley Temple and WE saw all of her movies back then.

I much preferred pig tails for my 'do'. I never ever thought about being 'pretty', I just loved laying on the ground and watching ants crawl around. OR following the baby chicks we got from Montgomery Wards every spring, and just regular kid stuff in the '40's.

I feel positive that JonBenet missed a lot of normal kid stuff, whether it was a positive for her to have advantages does not seem so now. She did not have them for very long.

twinkiesmom said:
The whole pageant thing..

TwinkiesMom said:
. Maybe since I'm an adoptive mom, I can't relate as I had no hand in my children's beauty.

In my opinion, this is a fair statement TwinkiesMom. Although,its the love that counts.

TwinkiesMom said:
Although I'm not technically in the PDI camp, I have to imagine it must have been unbearable to be a former beauty queen, stripped of female organs & therefore hormones plus undergoing chemo (thereby accelerating aging process), and approaching 40.

Undergoing Chemo , Nah, "Patsy was healed by Jesus."

TwinkiesMom --- Paegants are a way of life in the South, like boys play baseball, football, or Soccer--- Girls play sports,cheerlead or do the Girl Thing with Mom, either dancing, which leads to dance recitals ,or maybe Singing... Which lots of times lead in to paegants. Most parents in the south, find pleasure in activities that pleases their child.

So I beg the pardon of all of you who assumes,the Paegant world is wrong and abusive to children.

I am protesting the way Patsy prepared JonBenet for pageants...not all pageant moms.

Nehemiah said:
Patsy did undergo chemotherapy.
Not when JonBenet was in the Paegants-----Patsy had been healed by Jesus!

Of course Patsy underwent Chemotherapy,not once but indeed twice.

twinkiesmom said:
<<John and Patsy worry that Burke is keeping things inside and they fear it will lead to an emotional blowup as an adult.

"Yeah, I worry, you betcha we do," John said with a sigh. "In fact that's one of the risks you have with a child with a traumatic experience like that.

"They keep a lot inside and they don't really start thinking about it until they get to be 40 years old and that's when it hurts.">>

Did this statement strike anyone funny? Didn't Patsy turn 40 about the time of the murder?

I hadn't ever thought of that, but yes now that you mention it it does seem strange.

I'll bet they are REALLY worried about BR losing it one day... they just aren't as worried about his pain as they are about what he would tell.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back