Ranting Thread And Open Random Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
It saddens me that I can't even post much anymore as the threads are out of hand. Even today's thread, some are just out of line, and I classify them as "Thread SHOCKERS". You read the title, your heart slams to the floor, you rush to click on the video, your heart beats waiting to hear what was found only to hear it has nothing to do with Caylee.

I've become a lurker .... :(

Now see Patty, you've pointed out something else that frustrates me to no end! And that is that you and other well respected WSers have backed away from this particular case or stayed in certain threads. Granted I get why, but y'all are the ones I was reading for so long and came to admire before I ever thought of joining much less posting.

With 99% of the other cases it's still pretty easy to read, catch up with the latest and follow theories and debate -- and then enter a discussion. This is true even with cases where there's a lot of breaking news or information being released. There is emotion, yes. But things aren't totally out of hand like they are with this case. That said, yes, I've heard of a particular case or two where things were totally out of hand, but since the threads were trimmed or even deleted before I was reading here, I don't know if they were as bad as or worse than the stuff that goes on re this case.

And, I'm going to duck my head a bit for saying this, but IMO this case isn't more deserving than any of the others. More people might be more emotionally vested in it, but each and every case here is heartbreaking and deserves to be solved. And random comments, bashing, bringing the same tired arguments into every thread or jumping on people who ask a question is NOT going to help solve this case or help Caylee in any way.

There ARE exceptions to this and I've watched as valid statements, investigation, research, etc have been productive and obtained results. It's just that those kinds of threads are the minority, and even they are cluttered with other stuff that detracts from the work that is being done.JMHO...

One of my biggest rants is when another poster tells another what they can or cannot do. Also when a poster chastizes another poster.

Also, if we are watching Nancy Grace, I think it should be perfectly fine to comment on the knotted t-shirts, rosary beads, and so forth AFTER the show. Not during, but AFTER.

Things have changed dramatically on WS since this case came along. We used to be serious about finding out "facts", researching what we deem to be credible, discussing them as such, and actual sleuthing. Now, we have so many people who are not interested in the facts as presented by LE anymore. It is like we have to dismiss whatever is stated in the media even if it came directly from the mouths of LE and have to rely solely on the word of a known liar and an alleged thief in order to investigate this case. This isn't the way most of us "work". I think many of us are frustrated beyond belief here.
Amen
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my rant for today is that I should not have read anything in the rant thread because the negativism MAKES ME SHUDDER! This forum has so many up and coming trolls it makes me sick. The rest of my rant includes the fact that I vow to hit the triangle on any and all trollish behavior. Websleuths is a great place because (99 per cent of the time) it is a place you can agree with disagree with respect. Any trollish behavior ruining that atmosphere.....I am hitting the triangle.

Whew! rant done!

Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians!

Note to self: Stay away from the rant thread! This is a thread that has turned into an acceptable way to complain about other members.

man the police don't have any evidence! look at what they are putting this poor woman and her family through. they never even found the right ZG! what's that all about? It's not kc's fault some random serial killer used her car to transport a dead body! why are they not trying to find the person who put a dead body in her car? b/c there was no body in her car!!! they are lying about everything and every piece of evidence they have. so, she stole some $...she didn't have a job! people need $, and cosidering what this woman is being put through by le, her friends should have some compassion and let her come up w/a payment plan.some friends!

le should just leave this poor family alone. so, their grand daughter is missing? it's their family member, people should mind their own business. they will find her when they feel like it. with all the leads coming in, she should be home by her next bday.

this is how I feel, in a "backwards sort of way".

man the police don't have any evidence! look at what they are putting this poor woman and her family through. they never even found the right ZG! what's that all about? It's not kc's fault some random serial killer used her car to transport a dead body! why are they not trying to find the person who put a dead body in her car? b/c there was no body in her car!!! they are lying about everything and every piece of evidence they have. so, she stole some $...she didn't have a job! people need $, and cosidering what this woman is being put through by le, her friends should have some compassion and let her come up w/a payment plan.some friends!

le should just leave this poor family alone. so, their grand daughter is missing? it's their family member, people should mind their own business. they will find her when they feel like it. with all the leads coming in, she should be home by her next bday.

this is how I feel, in a backwards sort of way.

I really hope your kidding...........:bang:

this is how I feel, in a backwards sort of way.

lol...i know you're kidding

Things have changed dramatically on WS since this case came along. We used to be serious about finding out "facts", researching what we deem to be credible, discussing them as such, and actual sleuthing. Now, we have so many people who are not interested in the facts as presented by LE anymore. It is like we have to dismiss whatever is stated in the media even if it came directly from the mouths of LE and have to rely solely on the word of a known liar and an alleged thief in order to investigate this case. This isn't the way most of us "work". I think many of us are frustrated beyond belief here.

I feel like this only happened recently. Like within the last 3-4 weeks. Prior to that I feel like things were focused on facts. Then beliefs cam into play and it almost seems like we are arguing religion. If we can't agree on what the facts are, how will we get closer to the truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA