Raven's Website and Online Activity

..the fact that raven has gone off-line is very interesting........

.......ravenstree is gone.....his myspace is gone.....

...on his VX forum...........(he had 200 posts since becoming a member..........)(last post march 2005 ) ( last log-in july 6 2005..)

...he USED to post there about everything , VX, family...job....and now just peeks in to see other posts? why is that ?
...there's a VA/MD/DC meet next weekend............why isn't he all over that ? if he's innocent, i'd think he'd be going.........if he's innocent, i would think he wouldn't care what a handfull of WS'ers thought of him posting ..

...of course the "meet" is the day following his embezzlement court date..........
...does he still even have the VX?

lauriej said:
..the fact that raven has gone off-line is very interesting........

.......ravenstree is gone.....his myspace is gone.....

...on his VX forum...........(he had 200 posts since becoming a member..........)(last post march 2005 ) ( last log-in july 6 2005..)

...he USED to post there about everything , VX, family...job....and now just peeks in to see other posts? why is that ?
...there's a VA/MD/DC meet next weekend............why isn't he all over that ? if he's innocent, i'd think he'd be going.........if he's innocent, i would think he wouldn't care what a handfull of WS'ers thought of him posting ..

...of course the "meet" is the day following his embezzlement court date..........
...does he still even have the VX?
Raven's ego is too big not to care!

Hello Everyone. I have been a silent "lurker" since Janet's death. I found the site during a seemingly futile search for answers which might explain the discustingly tragic death of a friend. The site is great, I am glad to see that people are standing for Janet.

I saw in a post that there may be copies of Janet's memorial video. I have tried to view a copy, but keep running into closed doors. Does anyone know if there is any way to view the video?

Thank you!

Hi OffRoad,

Nice to meet you.

As for the video/memorial of Janet, I don't think it is up for viewing at this time
anymore.

I am sorry that I could not be of help there....

Do you mind sharing with us your relationship to Janet, and/or Janet and Raven if you are ok with discussing it?

If not, I completely understand, and my apologies for asking.

Thank you for your post.

OffRoad said:
Hello Everyone. I have been a silent "lurker" since Janet's death. I found the site during a seemingly futile search for answers which might explain the discustingly tragic death of a friend. The site is great, I am glad to see that people are standing for Janet.

I saw in a post that there may be copies of Janet's memorial video. I have tried to view a copy, but keep running into closed doors. Does anyone know if there is any way to view the video?

Thank you!
Hello Offroad. Thanks for breaking your silence :)

There are several of us that have the video downloaded. Maybe there is a way we could send it to you for viewing or put it on another site that people could go to and put a link here. Hey, maybe we could make our own REAL memorial for Janet since her husband isn't???

ewwwinteresting said:
Raven's ego is too big not to care!
I'm counting the days til good ol' Raven gets arrested for the murder of his wife.
:behindbar

Just my opinion, but there are no leads in this case amd nothing suggesting this is random. Therefore, the person who killed beautiful Janet Abaroa and left Kaiden without a mommy for life is someone who knew her quite well.
Someone who was leading a double life .... like Raven himself.

PfM, good to see you back! Where've you been?

Now if we can only get Mr. AG to check back every once and awhile.

originallyposted by ewwwinteresting

Hey, maybe we could make our own REAL memorial for Janet since her husband isn't???
Well....my thoughts have been to do this from Day 1 since I have been here, and have not seen any type of online memorial for Janets' family, friends, and co-workers to express their feelings and memories of Janet.

Does anyone know if the Christiansen family has one being made, or if they are even ready for this type of memorial online??

I would not want any of her family to feel "they have to" or are "obligated" to think we are expecting this to be done, as this is absolutely not the case.

If anyone knows, please let me know, as I completely respect their privacy.

I would like to contribute to designing a site for her family.

A memorial for Janet be on a site Just for Janet,a BEAUTIFUL deserving, caring mother, daughter, sister, niece, cousin, friend , co-worker, and Wife.

____________________________________________________________-

My apologies for asking about this, but I did not see a post, sorry if I missed it.

I wanted to make sure my invitation has been extended to the family.

If privacy is an issue, the site can always be Password Protected.

Thanks for listening.

* Justice for Janet *

Had to edit: two paragraphs were ran togeher, and I fixed them.

That's my opinion....

PREFACE--My opinion only.

The whole discussion on the web memorial for Janet was brought up because the lack of it was odd for someone as web oriented as Raven not putting one up. He had stuff up everywhere, posting so many details of his life out where anyone could see it, and then after Janet's death--nothing for her. He continued visiting myspace.com and other sites, but nothing for Janet. And from what we were able to see, he had slowly inched her out of his online viewing for awhile. He had a whole story on one of his earlier websites about how they met, but then the most updated ravenstree.com it was like it was abridged and the good stuff was missing. He mentioned on the VX site that he was going through a divorce when no papers were filed. It just seems like it's odd behavior for a man who says that he loved his wife.

And about creating a web site for Janet's memory. I think that should be left up to the family. It's not our place. From what I've heard here, the Christensens are private people. I don't think that they want every Tom, Dick and Harry to be poking their noses into something that should be personal to them. I think that being here on WS is what we should be doing. Looking for clues to who did this, uncovering things that might be over-looked. Not creating a website for someone that most of the people on this board only know from a memorial video and statements from her friends and aquaintances. We've done our part, Janet's family knows that there are people out there that care because we log into this site day after day when there's no word on any aspects of this case.

Jenifred said:
And about creating a web site for Janet's memory. I think that should be left up to the family. It's not our place. From what I've heard here, the Christensens are private people. I don't think that they want every Tom, Dick and Harry to be poking their noses into something that should be personal to them. I think that being here on WS is what we should be doing. Looking for clues to who did this, uncovering things that might be over-looked. Not creating a website for someone that most of the people on this board only know from a memorial video and statements from her friends and aquaintances. We've done our part, Janet's family knows that there are people out there that care because we log into this site day after day when there's no word on any aspects of this case.
My personal thoughts and opinions -

While I appreciate your thoughts Surf Moon Stars, I do think Jenifred is correct. We are here to sleuth this case, as hard and as diligently as we can. And while over these months, many have developed emotional ties to this case, at the end of the day, there's always still a line, albeit a delicate and fine one, that we shouldn't cross. So much of Janet's life is now on display via WS, and rightly so and with the best of intentions - but there still has to be a level of privacy and respect for those who knew Janet - her family and friends.

A thread was created here weeks ago called Memories and Memorials - a place where anyone could post their personal thoughts about Janet, etc. To me, that's the line. A public forum, a website, what have you, should be left to the discretion of family and friends.

As Jenifred writes, our thoughts, concerns, and feelings are evidenced each and everyday, when we log on to WS to read, to write, to wonder, to sleuth, to still be here, after all these weeks. And I have a feeling that many will be here for the duration - until there is finally justice for Janet, someday, someway, somehow.

SouthEastSleuth said:
A thread was created here weeks ago called Memories and Memorials - a place where anyone could post their personal thoughts about Janet, etc. To me, that's the line. A public forum, a website, what have you, should be left to the discretion of family and friends.

As Jenifred writes, our thoughts, concerns, and feelings are evidenced each and everyday, when we log on to WS to read, to write, to wonder, to sleuth, to still be here, after all these weeks. And I have a feeling that many will be here for the duration - until there is finally justice for Janet, someday, someway, somehow.
I completely honor both posts, and I agree to the fullest extent...

I am someone who cares for justice most defintely and completely respect the privacy of others , and especially in this case.

I am a person who reaches out with the best of good intentions only.

Please know I am thankful to you and jenifred for expressing your views, I truly appreciate the honesty.

This is exactly what this forum is for...to keep Janet's memory alive and well...and that justice is served.

I appreciate each of you , and I am so glad to see such a great group of people with true hearts of gold.

Take care.

SouthEastSleuth said:
My personal thoughts and opinions -

While I appreciate your thoughts Surf Moon Stars, I do think Jenifred is correct. We are here to sleuth this case, as hard and as diligently as we can. And while over these months, many have developed emotional ties to this case, at the end of the day, there's always still a line, albeit a delicate and fine one, that we shouldn't cross. So much of Janet's life is now on display via WS, and rightly so and with the best of intentions - but there still has to be a level of privacy and respect for those who knew Janet - her family and friends.

Dear Lord, I think this is a first, I'm about to disagree with you SES!

It isn't uncommon on the web any longer for anyone who has the means and motivation to set up a memorial website. I know a few were set up for Riley Fox, although it appears that one is in the works by her family right now. I think that there are a number of websites dedicated to the memory of Laci Peterson. And I feel that in many ways, Misterallgood's blog is a kind of memorial to Janet as well.

I guess what I'm saying that if anyone went about setting up a nice site, I know I'd appreciate it at this point. I suspect her family might as well. They just might not be able to deal with creating one themselves right now, or they might not have the skills.

Anyway, the internet is a brave, new world, and I think etiquette here may actually allow a sensitive memorial to Janet. (at least one better than the one set up at 2nutmeg.)

Timex said:
So we've heard...but as with most things in this case, its rumor, not fact.
In response to Jerseygirl and Timex. What I was told by Janet's mother in May (before the memorial and funeral) was that "the investigator told them not to speak to the media". I replied that was probably a good idea, since often times the media tends to take things and skew them the best way they can to sell a story. It might have been poor advice on my part, but I was just trying to console a grieving mother.

Welcome goodolebv~

I am so glad to see this post.

I believe the right choice was made with what you said to Janet's mother about not speaking with media.

You said what you felt was best for Janet's mother and family, and I see that as nothing short of a genuine person who truly cares about their well being.

My best to each of you.

Thank you very much Eww and S_M_S. I sincerely appreciate your replies. I was able to view the video by Meech's post, and the feelings of horror just came flying back! Thank you again!

Regarding your question of association, my husband and I went to college with Janet & Raven.

Thank you again.

ewwwinteresting said:
Hello Offroad. Thanks for breaking your silence :)

There are several of us that have the video downloaded. Maybe there is a way we could send it to you for viewing or put it on another site that people could go to and put a link here. Hey, maybe we could make our own REAL memorial for Janet since her husband isn't???

goodolebv said:
In response to Jerseygirl and Timex. What I was told by Janet's mother in May (before the memorial and funeral) was that "the investigator told them not to speak to the media". I replied that was probably a good idea, since often times the media tends to take things and skew them the best way they can to sell a story. It might have been poor advice on my part, but I was just trying to console a grieving mother.
Hi goodolebv.

I'm not sure of the context of the quote to which you replied - it must have been one from a while back, and I have trouble remembering what I said yesterday! :) Regardless, I think that any advice given from the heart is good advice. Those that are grieving, especially so suddenly and tragically, are fortunate to have people like you around them to offer love, support, and advice.

Your very welcome OffRoad,

I am glad you did get to view her memorial video, as it was my first time to view today, and I was absolutely touched beyond words.

Glad to see you here and nice to meet you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parzval
Back