RC doesn't believe the gun story? Do you?

Does the motive of the gun story make sense to you?

• No, it doesn't make sense and I don't believe it

Votes: 73 49.0%
  • No, it doesn't make sense but I can believe it

Votes: 14 9.4%
  • Yes, it makes sense and I believe it

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Yes, it makes sense but I don't believe it

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have no idea what is going on anymore! Where's HALEIGH?

Votes: 50 33.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ronald has a hard time understanding why someone would go to steal a gun and steal a child instead," Shoemaker said. "I think he has a feeling that there's still more that needs to come out."<snipped>

http://palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/08/23/news/news01.txt

This is not a RC bash thread folks. Thanks!

Let's discuss how taking Haleigh in lieu of a gun doesn't make any sense - or does it?

I'm thinking that if someone is drugged up, they might be that cruel. What do you guys think?

Well, I voted that it didn't make sense and that I didn't believe it.

ETA. I can't for the life of me figure out why Ron wants the public to know that he doesn't believe the gun story. So far, he refuses to believe a. that the back door was unlocked b. that Misty wasn't home that night c. that Joe wasn't at the home d. that Haleigh would have left the MH that night e. he gave the stories himself where everyone slept and where Haleigh was sleeping e. he has proclaimed to Geraldo that he does not do drugs f. Ron has proclaimed that he does not abuse his children but he does however have an agreement with Haleigh that he hits her on her behind the way that DCF approves g. He is not an informant.

Now, Ron is going to treated as if he is an informant by getting a cherry picked deal from LE (supposedly because he is a grieving father).

Now if this information doesn't make you gag, just wait until Ron is sentenced and you'll really get a bout of stomach flu.

I have no idea what's going on anymore. Where's Haleigh?

That's my only option, because all the stories that have been told and added to and subtracted from, just confuse me more and the gun story is not any more or any less ridiculous than all the others. I don't know what to think.

I will ask y'all this: Why on Earth would Tommy make up all these elaborate stories and try to pin it on Joe, if Ron is the one who caused Haleigh's death? Doesn't make sense. Misty, maybe... I can see her covering for Ron. But not Tommy. I can see Tommy covering for his brother Timmy... but not Ron.

It is my opinion ....that Ron ....in saying...he does not believe any story/stories about a GUN ...THAT NIGHT....he does not believe an argument ...with ANYONE ...over a GUN..ANY NIGHT...is trying to distance himself...from any connection..to HIS guns..

It seems to me..(correct me if I am in error, please) that all the talk of guns..in this case..has been all....HIS guns...

IF Haleigh died of a gunshot...IMO...it would HAVE to be from Ron's gun/guns..

To me, that would explain him removing all HIS GUNS...out of the MH..Getting rid of the evidence...NOT to "hide" them from the family...

So ...NO...I do NOT see JO or anyone coming into the MH to steal his gun....Not finding it...then...saying...OK Haleigh...I am going to strangle you to death...EVERYONE HIDE!!! "here I come"..NO WAY..Does not make ....ANY..sense...

Then the next day, Misty is hanging up posters with JO!!!! Just that picture of them together, putting up posters...that IS REAL to me...THAT IS FACT!!!
This latest story???? ABSURB!!!!!
IMO..Ron wants to COMPLETELY ...DISS/DENY/DISPUTE...ANY talk...about his guns..someone wanting his guns/ someone hiding his guns....someone looking for his guns/someone taking a life..for his guns....He wants the gun subject to..go away...and disappear...
If Haleigh was shot by Ron with his gun....It would make sense to me..for him to avoid anything and everything relating to his guns.......all in my opinion...

"Ronald has a hard time understanding why someone would go to steal a gun and steal a child instead," Shoemaker said. "I think he has a feeling that there's still more that needs to come out."<snipped>

http://palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/08/23/news/news01.txt

This is not a RC bash thread folks. Thanks!

Let's discuss how taking Haleigh in lieu of a gun doesn't make any sense - or does it?

I'm thinking that if someone is drugged up, they might be that cruel. What do you guys think?

In my youth, I was friends with many drugged up folks......never once did one EVER steal & murder a child. Oh sure, they may have stolen stuff....but MURDERING a CHILD? No way!

I think there is still some honor amongst drug addicted thieves.

A perp will return to the scene, if just to "hear" what's going on..

I do believe this gun story. If JO was humilated and embarassed by RC and this alleged fight that RC is adamant didn't happen, IMO, means it did happen, to me. Since JO couldn't locate this rare weapon, he took RC's heart instead. What better way to get revenge on the person who made you feel small and made a fool of, someone you truly hate? JO seems very immature, seems volitile, his eyes have no soul. I would love to know more about him, if that's possible!

Didn't FH say, JO stabbed his own mother over some deli meat???

There was no blood in the MH to suggest HaLeigh was accidently shot.

Where is HaLeigh???

Makes sense to me, I just don't see it in this case

I guess if we knew where the "scene" was, I might could rule out shooting. But we don't know. I don't even think LE knows so who knows what any witnesses might have heard...they might not even know they are witnesses. I know guns are important here, and the only reason I can see is murder weapon. But that being said I have often wondered if there was not another dead body floating around out there that tied into this mess some how. Right now, an accidental shooting makes the most sense to me.

techcloser, I definitely agree with the "another dead body floating around out there that tied into this mess some how". I have always beleived that a murder occurred just prior to Haleigh's demise.

No, it doesn't make sense and I don't believe it

That's how I voted.

RC has publicly denied the gun fight story BUT in the Cobra tapes he openly admits to there being a gun theft. Like everyone, it's hard to know what to believe, but is it possible that LE did not want the information out there to the public? Is that why he denies it? Cobra on the other hand is a private investigator. When I hear RC talking on those tapes he sounds much more at ease and willing to share info. I find the story he tells there to be closer to the truth than the statements he has given the press. But, I don't think he believes the gun theft had anything to do with Haleigh. I'm not sure I do either. JMO

doobie, you mentioned Cobra and I wonder if they can use his tapes against RC? Ron can always lie, is Cobra still not welcome in Putnam Co or could be be brought back to testify?

doobie, you mentioned Cobra and I wonder if they can use his tapes against RC? Ron can always lie, is Cobra still not welcome in Putnam Co or could be be brought back to testify?

You didn't ask me so forgive me for butting in here but the tapes cannot be used if he did not advise RC that he was going to tape the conversation. Same goes for Donna's tapes of Misty; LE can't even listen to them unless the recordings were legally obtained, meaning Misty had to have been made aware that she was being recorded prior to her saying anything on tape. If they were not told in advance their conversation may be recorded, a perp could confess and even give full details of their crimes on tape, and the tapes could not be used as evidence.

That's not the law in all states, but it is in Florida. In my state, only one party involved has to know the conversation is being recorded...and that can be the one doing the recording.

well, Ron doesn't believe the Joe story, doesn't believe that a dope boy would do this, doesn't believe that Misty was involved, doesn't believe that Haleigh wandered off, so, what exactly is left to believe? He claims he wasn't involved, but has pointed his finger at Crystal's side, more than once, but LE has cleared her, so the field of suspects, is really getting narrowed down, in his eyes. Has he ever voiced an opinion on Tommy? besides the dead rat, that is. But why would he not want Tommy to rat on himself?

well, Ron doesn't believe the Joe story, doesn't believe that a dope boy would do this, doesn't believe that Misty was involved, doesn't believe that Haleigh wandered off, so, what exactly is left to believe? He claims he wasn't involved, but has pointed his finger at Crystal's side, more than once, but LE has cleared her, so the field of suspects, is really getting narrowed down, in his eyes. Has he ever voiced an opinion on Tommy? besides the dead rat, that is. But why would he not want Tommy to rat on himself?

Interesting who isn't noted on your list, that he hasn't pointed at.

techcloser, I definitely agree with the "another dead body floating around out there that tied into this mess some how". I have always beleived that a murder occurred just prior to Haleigh's demise.

It's funny you guys mention this because at one point I too thought that there was something else (another crime) connected to Haleigh's disappearance. It just kinda reminded me of "take one of ours and we'll take one of yours" kinda thing. Meaning, "if you kill one of ours, we'll kill one of yours". Maybe Ron and the Croslins were in on the other crime, therefore, none of them can say anything about what happened to Haleigh? because LE may find out about the other crime? For some odd reason, I don't think Ron and the Croslins were on opposite sides when Haleigh went missing...

JMO of course

1. I think JO and/or Tommy might have been interested in Ron's guns and any drugs he might have had around.
2. I feel confident that both Misty and Tommy were at the mobile home and were involved, in some way, with Haleigh's disappearance.
3. I think that a number of the details that Tommy and Misty have given (in any number of stories) are probably true.
4. However, the context of these details remains a mystery. Who did what, exactly, and why?
5. The "we were terrified of Cousin Joe" story doesn't hold water. According to all the stories, Misty was left in the mobile home by herself, and Tommy went with JO. Now, what that story tells me is that no one was worried at all to leave Misty alone with a cell phone while Haleigh was being taken to some God-forsaken spot. So either Misty was involved directly in Haleigh's death or had a major stake in a cover-up.
6. The only reasons an "innocent" Misty would engage in a cover-up would be to protect Tommy,
and maybe JO or Timmy OR to keep what happened secret because she would face legal or personal consequences for what happened to Haleigh.
7. If JO had gone to the house to steal a gun, it would make far more sense for him to steal some other valuable object (the gun Misty slept with? some other weapon? a TV? Drugs lying around?) than to kidnap and kill a child that your cousin (or sister) was babysitting. Tommy, at least, admits to using some drug. He might have invented that detail (especially the Xanax part) to excuse his inaction. And prescription anti-depressants are not as unsavory as coke or meth or crack. And whoever Tommy was traveling with was no doubt on something as well. So--I think the central circumstance of Haleigh's murder was likely to be drugs, as the only plausible context for the gun story is that people had been and were abusing drugs and--somebody did something that couldn't be taken back.
9. Why are young female children killed by "strangers" or neighbors or family friends? Because the killer is a pedophile and doesn't want to leave a witness.
10. Why would Misty hide under the covers while it was happening? Because she herself may have been an abuse victim, perhaps that night but also perhaps in her childhood.
11. Sexual assault explains why no one wants to tell--because that would probably be a death penalty offense, for the killer(s), and because Misty may not have realized until the attack was over that Haleigh wouldn't survive it--as she herself may have survived abuse or assault in childhood. And however bad a missing Haleigh would be for Ron, that situation would pale in significance to the revelation that she had been assaulted and/or murder.

This makes a lot of sense to me.

Ron doesn't want to finger Joe, Tommy or Misty because they were all involved or were there. You wouldn't want to accuse someone who knew the truth about the crime you participated in. Hence, the innocent person...Crystal, would be the safest to blame...she has no direct knowledge of the crime to tell LE about.

I have a feeling that Haleigh may have overdosed on drugs that night. Why would Ron be searching through his cabinets so frantically during the 911 call of his life ? None of them can tell the honest truth because they were all involved in one way or another.

I would be willing to bet that when Ron received word that Haleigh was dead (due to a drug overdose), he coordinated the disposal of the body (is this why he called for Tommy's help, and is this why Joe came along ?). If Ron only wanted Tommy to check on Misty, why couldn't Tommy have said that earlier ? Heaven forbid the police find drugs in the house, or in Haleigh's system, Ron's brightest solution to the problem was to get rid of his daughter...IMO.

Think about this for a minute... Misty was all about Ron until she went to jail and that was after months of being in jail. She had thrown Tommy under the bus before and even had a charge put against him when she was with Ron. Now Ron she has never said anything that put him in the "crime". I still think she and Tommy are covering for Ron because of their afraid of the Cummings family. I may be wrong; its happened. But there is too much hinkiness going on in the Cummings family. Does anyone KNOW for a fact that the Cummings/Sykes families have even looked for Haleigh since Ron went to jail? It just seems hinky that if you think a child is still alive; that you wouldn't still be actively looking for them. Even the Anthony's did that.
Drugs and guns are at the heart of this tragedy. Not sure how it is all woven together; but I personally believe that she was accidently killed and RC is the blame and his family helped cover his arse. I think that the drug addled Croslins were a conveinent scapegoat. OMOO.

1. I think JO and/or Tommy might have been interested in Ron's guns and any drugs he might have had around.
2. I feel confident that both Misty and Tommy were at the mobile home and were involved, in some way, with Haleigh's disappearance.
3. I think that a number of the details that Tommy and Misty have given (in any number of stories) are probably true.
4. However, the context of these details remains a mystery. Who did what, exactly, and why?
5. The "we were terrified of Cousin Joe" story doesn't hold water. According to all the stories, Misty was left in the mobile home by herself, and Tommy went with JO. Now, what that story tells me is that no one was worried at all to leave Misty alone with a cell phone while Haleigh was being taken to some God-forsaken spot. So either Misty was involved directly in Haleigh's death or had a major stake in a cover-up.
6. The only reasons an "innocent" Misty would engage in a cover-up would be to protect Tommy,
and maybe JO or Timmy OR to keep what happened secret because she would face legal or personal consequences for what happened to Haleigh.
7. If JO had gone to the house to steal a gun, it would make far more sense for him to steal some other valuable object (the gun Misty slept with? some other weapon? a TV? Drugs lying around?) than to kidnap and kill a child that your cousin (or sister) was babysitting. Tommy, at least, admits to using some drug. He might have invented that detail (especially the Xanax part) to excuse his inaction. And prescription anti-depressants are not as unsavory as coke or meth or crack. And whoever Tommy was traveling with was no doubt on something as well. So--I think the central circumstance of Haleigh's murder was likely to be drugs, as the only plausible context for the gun story is that people had been and were abusing drugs and--somebody did something that couldn't be taken back.
9. Why are young female children killed by "strangers" or neighbors or family friends? Because the killer is a pedophile and doesn't want to leave a witness.
10. Why would Misty hide under the covers while it was happening? Because she herself may have been an abuse victim, perhaps that night but also perhaps in her childhood.
11. Sexual assault explains why no one wants to tell--because that would probably be a death penalty offense, for the killer(s), and because Misty may not have realized until the attack was over that Haleigh wouldn't survive it--as she herself may have survived abuse or assault in childhood. And however bad a missing Haleigh would be for Ron, that situation would pale in significance to the revelation that she had been assaulted and/or murder.
I'm not wanting to sound like a broken record here, but prescription pills, are only 'savory', if taken as directed. When abused, like junkies use them, they're just as bad as meth. except for the teeth rotting out part. A pill head can take 3 or 4 xanax, drink some liquor, & be just as 'messed up', as well....as a person can get. That's why junkies love them. & I don't know about Satsuma, but here you can get them for about 2-3 dollars apiece, on the streets. Personally, I'd much rather see somebody, hopped up on cocaine. I'm glad you brought up sex abuse. What a lot of people don't understand, is that when a 'former' sex abuse victim is faced with a similar situation, even years later, she feels the same emotions, as she did while a child. So even though a girl may be 17-18 years old, her emotional reaction would be that of a child, & she could be rendered helpless. not because she doesn't care, but because she instinctively reverts back to old coping mechanisms. Maybe she just sits there, feels anxiety, & 'takes it', or she could disassociate-just emotionally, remove herself from the situation, or she could literally black out. whatever she relied on, as a child. I'm not trying to make excuses for Misty, because I don't know that she was ever molested, but Whisper, for one, has said many times, that Misty seems to have mental problems, & I think I agree. If molest victims aren't treated, they're stunted in a way, that normal people can't begin to understand. A kid does the best she can to survive, & sometimes, the mind pays the price.

I have trouble with Misty saying she is hiding under the covers while JO is strangling Haleigh..possibly sexually attacking her...then the next day..she is putting up posters and flyers with him.....I just cannot..buy her ..doing that with him ...while just a few hours before he attacked Haleigh and assulted her and her death...that is CRAZY to me...YIKES!!!!

I have trouble with Misty saying she is hiding under the covers while JO is strangling Haleigh..possibly sexually attacking her...then the next day..she is putting up posters and flyers with him.....I just cannot..buy her ..doing that with him ...while just a few hours before he attacked Haleigh and assulted her and her death...that is CRAZY to me...YIKES!!!!
yeah, it would be crazy, but some people can mentally disconect. If you can't do it, it's hard to explain, but you're there, in that place, but you're not. & if this story is true, she'd know that Joe was hanging fliers with her, but it would have no effect on her. She'd just mentally, shut down. The person doing the disconnecting, has no control over it. It just happens. I'm not saying this is what Misty did, but you never know. But, I'm not sure if she was ever even molested, because she has made so many claims, that have turned out to be lies.

Have you ever heard a gun shot unexpected? I am from New Orleans and not from the right side of town. I have heard gunshots! I have seen someone shoot someone at a Mardi Gras Parade. However, I still am in total shock when I hear a gun shot. I double check myself. My point being - is yes these poeple are familiar with gun shots but I would expect they are familiar with firecrackers and loud booms too. To this day when I hear a gun shot I write it off to something else first.

For example. I lived in an apartment buidling and the young guy underneath me (I was in 529 and he was in 429) hot himself in the head at 3 AM. It woke me up and I said wow someones pot rack just fell that is going to be a huge mess. I looked at the clock to see how much more time I had before I had to wake. In the end I was the witness in when this young man shot himself.. I knew when the pot rack fell!!!!!

Ron had a drug dealing business that grew when he met the croslins because he met himself a whole family of mules! They even called in the cousin to come down and help out with all of the "running" The problem is the Croslins were real users and the cousin was trouble and things got out of hand. Profits were being used up and RC wasn't having any of it.

The "accident" happened before Ron went to work and he depended on his mules to take care of the problem including calling 911 so that everything would be taken care of when he got home. This is why 911 was called over at ToC's house earlier. They chickened out. RC called MC 72 times (or whatever the number) to make sure it was all taken care of. MC was crying on porch because she knew RC was coming home and things were not taken care of. RC made MC call 911 when she did not want to. She was scared to do that. RC has made himself out to be larger than he is to the Croslins and they think of him as their supplier, their threat, they hate him but are convinced in some whacky way that they need him. Or he has made them to believe he is connected etc....

The cops may have made some mistkaes up front in the HaLeigh case but they got them on major drug charges and know that they will have at least 15 years to try and solve this case. I feel very sorry for the likes of the Croslins. They are so addicted that they cannot see the road in front of them. They sold their soul years ago for drugs and they are empty. They are insestuous, alocoholics, users, and do anything to get high. It is their ultimate goal. ....and so many people take advantage of these people.

Okay ALL In My Opinion! MY Rant is over! However, I doubt seriously my story is too far off. it is totally my opinion and based on no facts except the facts of life!

Curious G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members