RDI Theories & Discussion ONLY!

Exactly. Burke knew something thats why they got him outta there. He absolutely showed no remorse for his dead sister. Just because he was 9 years old he wasnt stupid. Kids are curious about everything.

In the words of the great late John Prine... Little pictures have big ears!!!!

No, prob. It took me a while to realize that!!

Despite all the mistakes the Ramseys made in this case, they made sure they had their gloves on. They used them for the garrote the note and everything else that needed to be done. It was an obvious move and an easy one to do.

You could also make an argument that the note didn't really need to be moved anywhere. It was probably on a kitchen table and was touched by Patsy alone. You can easily do a quick flip through the pages without touching it all that much.

The intruder does not have that luxury, he has to transport these three pages and the pad back and forth. How and why he did this without folding them in two is bizarre to me.

A few thoughts on the ransom note:

1. It's placement on the stairs where PR normally left notes for the housekeeper is kinda an odd pacement for an intruder without that knowledge. After all we are creatures of habit.
2. The R's fingerprints very well could be on the RN and explained away, that is if they had no admitted to not handling it. Still it remains unknown if they are indeed on it.
3. If there was an intruder that came in to take JB, and let's say bashed her over the head because she screamed and possibly alerted people to their presence, therefore he had to do his dirty deed quickly and then finish the job. Why would he go all the way back up stairs take the time to write a few practice notes until he got it right, then lay the finished note upon the stair and politely return the pad and pen. If the intruder wrote the RN first (again taking the time to get it just confusingly enough right and politely returning the pad and pen). Then the intruder is spending extra time at the scene risking getting caught in the act. And it does not explain to me why he still leaves the note after killing JB and fleeing. If the intruder felt comfortable to sit and write a few practice and then the final RN, would he not remove the note and any implications of an attempted kidnapping to leave everyone wondering what happened. An intruder wouldn't care if the R's were blamed. As well, those two guys that didn't like JR would not be very happy with them if they failed to bring JB and left a note pointing to them.

As always these are just some spitball ideas off the top of my head and all my own opinions.

ETA... I've also read that there was a S.B.T.C poster in the basement. IF and this is a big IF we are to think a R did it (as in PR and she was in a psychotic/delusional state, possibly with other personalities emerging). Could it be that it was a hint for the real PR and others as to where to look?

Last edited:
What else I dont get is why not tell 911( if this was a real kidnapping) to send unmarked cars and not the cruisers and the other details of the RN I mean she already called them even though the note said not to and first said theres a ran them blurted note. Why not say ransom note why change it. And she just "hangs up" on the dispatcher. I know I would be freaking out if I was in that situation but what if the dispatcher needed more info. guess thats because burke walked in the room and she freaked. I think she may have ran up and down the stairs a few times before calling 911. Moo

I hate to speculate as to why because everyone is different, but after hearing the call myself her hysteria sounds more like a lot of heavy breathing with a few OMG's. I do not get the sense of someone truly in a state of panic. She even seems to go from calm to labored breathing, then to simply disconnecting. It just seems odd to me. Then again who is to say how any one person would react.
MOO of course

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back