Rebecca's Autopsy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Below is a link to an autopsy report of a woman who was murdered by strangulation but staged afterwards to look like she committed suicide by hanging.

http://www.crimescene.com/suicide/evidence.autopsy.php

There are two ligatures mentioned in the report.

Ligature A, the hanging ligature, was thicker and was under her chin as would be expected from the downward thrust of her body.

Ligature B, the strangulation ligature, was thinner and lower. It encircled her throat and was over the internally damaged and crushed throat structures.

Here is an additional link that discusses some differences between strangulation and hanging.

http://www.ahcmedia.com/public/samples/emr.pdf

Here is a really good article by U.S. Department of Justice that shows crime scene analysis guidelines.

http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/deathinvestigationNIJ.pdf

Another Theory

Rebecca must have been placed prone for some time after she was murdered in order for blood to settle in her upper chest.

I suspect that they put her in the white wicker chair with her legs taped to chair and then strangled her from behind with a garrote type ligature. While they choked her the chair tipped and fell backwards so they left her dead like that for sometime. That's why she had livor mortis in her back but not in her legs. That would also explain why her legs were in rigor mortis with her knees bent and apart.

Sometime later they decided to hang her to hide the garrote ligature mark. They untapped her legs and tipped the chair on it's side. She spilled out onto the red blanket and they rolled her onto her stomach and hogtied tied her hands and feet together.

She already had lividity in her back but none in her legs. Since the lividity had not fixed it started to move to her upper chest while in the hog tie position. She probably stayed that way for some time while they figured their next move.

They tied the rope to the bed and placed the noose around her neck after placing her fingers on the bed frame, rope, knife, door frame, etc. and threw her over the balcony railing. They probably left her hanging for a short period of time to ensure the the heavier rope ligature obliterated the thinner garrote ligature mark. They then cut her down and staged the yard for Adam's CPR performance. Imoo.

Alternate Theory

Regarding the livor mortis in Rebecca's chest: This could have also occurred after she was cut down. We don't really know what time that was because all we have is Adam's word on that.

If she was hogtied which I suspect she was and Adam cut the hogtie then she would have been prone for that. There was an early article that stated she was found face down. Thought I saved the link but cannot find that statement now. Does anyone remember that? The original article seems to have been scrubbed.

If she was found face down and turned over then the blood would have redistributed to he back except the potion that remained in her chest. However, L.E. never addressed the livor mortis in the chest. They also never mentioned any livor mortis in her legs upon arrival at the scene.

Since the chest livor mortis appeared to have been fixed there I feel it would push the time of her death closer to 1:00AM. If her time of death were earlier than that would totally overturn the suicide story, no?

Alternate Theory

Regarding the livor mortis in Rebecca's chest: This could have also occurred after she was cut down. We don't really know what time that was because all we have is Adam's word on that.

If she was hogtied which I suspect she was and Adam cut the hogtie then she would have been prone for that. There was an early article that stated she was found face down. Thought I saved the link but cannot find that statement now. Does anyone remember that? The original article seems to have been scrubbed.

If she was found face down and turned over then the blood would have redistributed to he back except the potion that remained in her chest. However, L.E. never addressed the livor mortis in the chest. They also never mentioned any livor mortis in her legs upon arrival at the scene.

Since the chest livor mortis appeared to have been fixed there I feel it would push the time of her death closer to 1:00AM. If her time of death were earlier than that would totally overturn the suicide story, no?

I found the article that stated Rebecca was found face down. I wonder if it was a mistake. It is possible that it happened though.

Subsequent reports do not mention whether she was supine or prone when found. It is left to the reader's imagination to imagine that she was found face up. It is also possible that Adam accessed the main house kitchen to retrieve a knife to cut the hogtie.

"...An autopsy report finished Thursday is under seal. So is the 911 transcript and 911 call. That call was made by Jonah Shacknai’s brother Adam Shacknai. Adam reported Nalepa then hanging; when police responded she was no longer hanging but found face down...And how did she get into the condition in which she was found? Her hands were tied behind her back, her feet were tied together. She was found unclothed, face down in the mansion’s outside courtyard, not hanging from a balcony as reported in the 911 call."

http://news.lalate.com/2011/07/16/r...shacknai-mansion-prompts-new-search-warrants/

Also, I assumed that the hemorrhages to the strap muscles were caused by hanging. However, this article showed that is found in strangulation.

http://www.ahcmedia.com/public/samples/emr.pdf

Another Theory

Rebecca must have been placed prone for some time after she was murdered in order for blood to settle in her upper chest.

I suspect that they put her in the white wicker chair with her legs taped to chair and then strangled her from behind with a garrote type ligature. While they choked her the chair tipped and fell backwards so they left her dead like that for sometime. That's why she had livor mortis in her back but not in her legs. That would also explain why her legs were in rigor mortis with her knees bent and apart.

Sometime later they decided to hang her to hide the garrote ligature mark. They untapped her legs and tipped the chair on it's side. She spilled out onto the red blanket and they rolled her onto her stomach and hogtied tied her hands and feet together.

She already had lividity in her back but none in her legs. Since the lividity had not fixed it started to move to her upper chest while in the hog tie position. She probably stayed that way for some time while they figured their next move.

They tied the rope to the bed and placed the noose around her neck after placing her fingers on the bed frame, rope, knife, door frame, etc. and threw her over the balcony railing. They probably left her hanging for a short period of time to ensure the the heavier rope ligature obliterated the thinner garrote ligature mark. They then cut her down and staged the yard for Adam's CPR performance. Imoo.

Excellent synopsis freespeech! I can totally see that happening the way you described. It's way more probable than the cockamamy scenario SDSO want us all to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500