"Reckless, irresponsible": Kansas teacher's "gay is same as murder" Facebook rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's chop logic at its most specious. I'd call it sophistry but it would have to climb up the ladder several rungs to qualify.

But you have no problem with the comment I replied to - how typical.

Do you happen to have any stats to back up this statement? And not just those who have committed murder, but who have committed any of the other "sins" lumped into this fellow's FB post; lying, cheating, etc.

I will say, I've always found it fascinating how many murderers become "self-professed" Christians after the fact. I suppose that opens the gates of heaven to them.

Do I have the stats to back up how many self professed Christians have never killed a homosexual? :floorlaugh:

But you have no problem with the comment I replied to - how typical.
Most of your posts rely on the same move. It gets boring: "I believe what I believe, nyah-nyah-nyah." This one doesn't even have the zesty petulance I've come to expect.

Do I have the stats to back up how many self professed Christians have never killed a homosexual? :floorlaugh:
Are you laughing at yourself? Evidently. So much of what you try to say thrusts itself forward as a negative that can't be disproven. Or proven. Thus they communicate nothing but negativity. A vast formless negativity. And yet so narrow.

Why is that funny?

Guess I don't understand the humor. :waitasec:

Most of your posts rely on the same move. It gets boring: "I believe what I believe, nyah-nyah-nyah." This one doesn't even have the zesty petulance I've come to expect.

Yet in spite of your boredom, still you comment, and want to get more jabs in.

I find freedom of speech, and freedom of religion important. Even your opinion is constitutionally protected, I just find it interesting that it's so important to a few of you to conquer the argument that someone shouldn't be allowed to express his opinion based on religious freedom, but that same freedom of religion is used to bash others here.

If I used Jeffrey Dahmer as an example of how homosexuals in general act and kill, it would be justifiably dismissed - but anything goes on this thread if it can bash on the part of faith based beliefs that any other poster disagrees with.

I don't expect you to see my point of view, I certainly don't expect you to agree with my point of view, but I should be able to state it without the antagonism that is so constant.

I find freedom of speech, and freedom of religion important. Even your opinion is constitutionally protected, I just find it interesting that it's so important to a few of you to conquer the argument that someone shouldn't be allowed to express his opinion based on religious freedom, but that same freedom of religion is used to bash others here.

If I used Jeffrey Dahmer as an example of how homosexuals in general act and kill, it would be justifiably dismissed - but anything goes on this thread if it can bash on the part of faith based beliefs that any other poster disagrees with.

I don't expect you to see my point of view, I certainly don't expect you to agree with my point of view, but I should be able to state it without the antagonism that is so constant.
1. Much thanks for advising me of it.
2. Pot....meet kettle.

Wow. Just wow!

What, exactly, is your POV?

It's so interesting to me to see those who label themselves "Christians" be so mean and intolerable. Isn't that really the opposite of what Jesus would have done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500