Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only thought is that maybe he was never getting out anyway on the other charges, and would prefer to spend his time in state prison as opposed to federal prison. He'd most assuredly go to Oak Park Heights prison because of the high profile nature of his crimes, it's not as bad as some other supermax prisons.

It's also possible that there's some investigations that we aren't privy to that might have led (or he thought they might) eventually lead to the discovery of the body anyway.

While it's incredibly heartbreaking to know the worst fears were realized, it must give hope to many others that one day their missing loved ones will be found and laid to rest properly. God bless his dear family. They never gave up.

RIP Jacob. I am so heartbroken and at a complete loss of words.

I have a question for my fellow WS'ers. Have any of you followed a case like this, for so many years, where there were finally answers after you were certain there never would be?

Suspicions yes, evidence leading one way or another, yes. I lived in MN when Jacob was taken. I was 26 and now I'm 53. I followed this for years. Would revisit it over and over again. Formed personal opinions based on new information, heart in my throat every time there was a new search or new hint at a suspect, only to be so disappointed again and again.

Now, at last, Jacob is found and I'm in shock. Not only do we know where he is, but who took him. And his family can now bring him home.

It's a strange feeling. Like I can't trust it. How can there be answers when I'd been so sure we'd never really know?

Do any of you feel like I do? I am not putting this in words very well at all. I wonder if I was addicted to the speculation and never knowing. To the what ifs? In all my sleuthing did I truly forget that this was real? That these were real people in real pain, not just posts on a forum? I don't like to think that of myself, but I wonder. I really do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't believe it, And to think we were just talking about the shoe print being a match to Heinrichs shoe. I'm in shock , and so sad what sweet Jacob was put through by this vile man. And his wonderful family, I'm so sorry for what they've had to endure all these years. God Bless them. :rose:

I have a question for my fellow WS'ers. Have any of you followed a case like this, for so many years, where there were finally answers after you were certain there never would be?

snip

Wow, not for almost 27 years, as here. I think the longest was just a bit over four. This one must be earth-shattering for those who've known and followed it since the beginning.

Like so many other families have chosen to do- Jacob's parents have turned every parent's worst nightmare into something good. It is the sliver of goodness in this horrible situation.

Peace to his family.

Found in Stearns county, MN
what's sad is they could have dug up the whole Stearns County in probably less than a year's time... but had to wait 27 d**n years for this pig to confess? :banghead:

Wow. I was 13 when Jacob disappeared & remember it was on my local news a lot being a neighboring state. I always wondered what happened to him. Thank God his family can now have some closure. It's a shame the man can't be charged because of the statue of limitations.

Oops, bad reply. I was saying you can bet the charges against Heinrich will mount now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member