Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. And (personally) a healthy reminder to step away from sleuthing/conjuring/guessing and take part in healthy opportunities.

That location by the church was a rumor that I investigated some time ago. It might be true, but there is no source confirming it. I think the burial site is indeed odd, and yes, there is a service road to the right behind those structures.

btw: if the Church is where the attack occurred (it wasn't there in 1989) then I'd conjecture that Jacob's burial site was unplanned.

I thought there was a tv interview with Jarod where they said his attack took place on a location where a church stands today, I will have to search for that. I am not saying that is where Jacobs took place, we have no idea right now, but if was to guess I would guess closer to Jacobs burial site.

Just my own thoughts here, but I would not be surprised if we hear more after today. I do know that the family will be hearing what LE knows, sometime today. I know the Wetterling's are not overly hopeful DH will be prosecuted for Jacob's murder. My heart breaks for this family.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well, I wouldn't rule out Heinrich having killed another child. Not even before Jacob. These people tend to go back and forth between escalating and de-escalating for different reasons. The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior. He also may have never touched another child again after Jacob, staying in his fantasy material, due to law enforcement staying on him off and on. He may have actually felt some remorse since we know he lead law enforcement to Jacob. The reality can be quite different then the fantasy.

Hopefully, we'll hear more in the coming weeks. Either way, I'm just relieved they have Jacob now and his killer is locked up. My heart goes out to his family. None of them deserved this. There's no punishment great enough that could rectify what Heinrich has done. God bless Jacob's mom for being a beacon of hope and love through it all.

Prayers for Jacob's Family. Biological and everyone that has adopted him through the years. May his killer suffer that days left on Earth and Eternity.

I am very interested on the exact location just because I have heard so many times over the years the efforts they went to to search central Minnesota, hundreds of volunteers, National Guard walking arm to arm. JW must have been very well buried if the site was one that had been searched. And if it wasn't searched, why not?

Possible Jacob wasn't buried there at first? Still catching up, but that would make sense why wasn't located prior. Jmho

Can there be an autopsy when the remains are just bone?

There will be an autopsy, but it will be nearly impossible to determine cause of death. Knife wounds, broken bones, or bullet injuries may be evident on the bones.

Not being familiar with the area, is it fair to say that the location where Jacob was recently found is about 30 miles away from the abduction sight?

Yes, very good estimate. But I'm basing that on a google map.

Personally, I think the burial site is mostly typical. It's a little close to the road and the dwellings, but it fits with Heinrich's character. His friend said he'd casually walk into a garage and rifle through the people's things. But, in a field at night while people are sleeping is pretty private. If there had been a dog creating a ruckus, he would have just gone to another field. He was a very bold guy.

So, you think a burial site right on the edge of the city limits 500 feet from a well traveled road is a planned burial site? Not saying that wasn't the case, just interested in your answer.

This idea that he must not have been a compliant good little boy is disturbing to me on so many levels.

Completely different belief systems here, that's all. That is not at all how I see it and it is just the opposite. A "good boy" will do whatever he thinks is necessary to save his life when threatened with lethal force. And I am in no position to judge the efficacy of his decisions. There is no 'right', "good boy" reaction. Fighting a homicidal attacker, or running from them is hardly "being a bad boy". Being non-compliant, even violent, is an excellent virtue in the right (or maybe wrong) context.

I thought there was a tv interview with Jarod where they said his attack took place on a location where a church stands today, I will have to search for that. I am not saying that is where Jacobs took place, we have no idea right now, but if was to guess I would guess closer to Jacobs burial site.

No, there was not. We looked into this. There was a video of a place that kinda sorta looked like that place. No one in a position to know stated unequivocally where he was attacked.

No, there was not. We looked into this. There was a video of a place that kinda sorta looked like that place. No one in a position to know stated unequivocally where he was attacked.

We know where Jacob was abducted. We know that the boy who was abducted 10 months earlier was immediately driven to a rural location, where he was assaulted. We can assume that Jacob was immediately taken from the location where he was abducted because it would be too risky to remain at the location of the abduction when two witnesses were in the process of reporting the abduction.

Therefore, I believe it's safe to assume that after Jacob was abducted, he was taken to a rural location and assaulted. It's very likely that he was no longer alive when the sun rose the following morning based on stats that indicate that the longer a victim of a violent sexual predator is missing, the less likely it is that the victim is alive. 24 hours are already too long.

Statement from Patty today:

As the Wetterlings continue grieving the death of Jacob, Patty Wetterling says there are some things people can do to bring them comfort.
“The Wetterlings are deeply grieving and are pulling our family together. We will be eager to talk to media as soon as we are able,” Patty Wetterling said Monday in a statement issued by the Jacob Wetterling Resource Center, the nonprofit she started with her husband.
The remains of her son Jacob were found on a farm in Paynesville last week, nearly 27 years after the 11-year-old was abducted from his hometown of St. Joseph. Reports say Danny Heinrich – a “person of interest” in his disappearance – led investigators to the remains.
“Everyone wants to know what they can do to help us,” Patty Wetterling’s statement continued. She then lists things people can do to “bring me comfort today.” They are:
Say a prayer.
Light a candle.
Be with friends.
Play with your children.
Giggle.
Hold hands.
Eat ice cream.
Create joy.
Help your neighbor.
People all over Minnesota – and the country – have been sharing their support for the Wetterlings on social media using the hashtag #JacobsHope and by leaving their porch lights on for Jacob.

http://bringmethenews.com/2016/09/0...ng-after-jacobs-remains-found-in-paynesville/

(Although the article says "found in Paynesville" I believe it was actually a Richmond farm, but these towns are all right next to each other.)

We know where Jacob was abducted. We know that the boy who was abducted 10 months earlier was immediately driven to a rural location, where he was assaulted. We can assume that Jacob was immediately taken from the location where he was abducted because it would be too risky to remain at the location of the abduction when two witnesses were in the process of reporting the abduction.

Therefore, I believe it's safe to assume that after Jacob was abducted, he was taken to a rural location and assaulted. It's very likely that he was no longer alive when the sun rose the following morning based on stats that indicate that the longer a victim of a violent sexual predator is missing, the less likely it is that the victim is alive. 24 hours are already too long.

Agreed, on all those points. Statistically he was most likely dead within 3 hours.

Just my own thoughts here, but I would not be surprised if we hear more after today. I do know that the family will be hearing what LE knows, sometime today. I know the Wetterling's are not overly hopeful DH will be prosecuted for Jacob's murder. My heart breaks for this family.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Why is that? How could he know where the burial site is otherwise?

I understand there are lots of farms, but it just seems like more than a coincidence that he drove to specific farms, not just a nearby farm. He seems to have known those farms.

DH went from attacking boys "in town" -- between buildings, playgrounds, etc. to farms.

Also, there was another boy who was almost kidnapped when he had the van. Wasn't that after JS, before JW?

I think it's also possible that he was driving with Jacob's remains in the car hoping to spot a good place to bury him on his way home. And he was about to hit the edge of town and he stopped at the farm. It seems to be the last farm right before you enter town.

Organic family farm, been in business since the abduction, apparently.

I was trying to figure out how long that specific family farm has been around but was unable to find the info. (I am not a great sleuther.) I only saw that the house has been there since 1880.

It appears to be. I think some posters know where the actual site is. I hope they answer

This posts show the coordinates for the site of the remains as well as the abduction and DH's parents' homes at the time.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ect-led-LE-to-Remains&p=12784488#post12784488

I was trying to figure out how long that specific family farm has been around but was unable to find the info. (I am not a great sleuther.) I only saw that the house has been there since 1880.
Good point, I might be making a bad assumption. In one of the news reports it was said that the owner was surprised (or words to that effect) that the remains had been there "all this time". I just assumed they were the owners at the time of the abduction. Could have changed hands though. But you found that there was a house there since 1880? I was wondering if there was even a residence there at all. I saw lots of buildings but couldn't tell if any were houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125