Remembering Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this case will be solved because they have no viable suspects. They got tunnel view on the wrong suspects in the beginning and now so much time has past that finding out who really did it will be almost impossible short of a confession.

I thought there would be justice for Hailey in the aftermath of her disappearance but days and weeks are now months and years and it seems unlikely. She was failed by many in life and death but also cared for by many in both.

It is because the initial investigators (the local sheriff) got tunnel vision on "the usual suspects" and didn't follow up more likely alternatives based on the evidence that came up. They cherry picked information to try to make a case against "the usual suspects" even though it became increasingly clear that it wasn't them, and ignored the information that pointed in other directions. Wearing blinkers is never a good idea for investigators, but in those small towns unfortunately it is far too common. And now those other trails will have clouded over and gone cold with time (certainly by the time other agencies took over the investigation). So I don't think the case will ever be solved now, short of a confession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500