Remembering Memorial Day

Please remember to take a minute of silence today at 3pm in memory of those who paid the ultimate sacrifice. All gave some, but some gave all.

This song is written and sung by my daughter… she just released it today
and it is dedicated to our troops past and present.
I’m so proud of the fact that she is 25, married, raising two kids, owns her
own business and took the time to show how grateful she is to those who
have served are to our country!

[video=youtube;ktTdF5xGCZI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktTdF5xGCZI[/video]

What an amazing day...we already had a huge family gathering planned when we found out late last night our son had left Iraq and would be coming home on leave, we weren't expecting him for another week so I was absolutely ecstatic. He arrived in Texas at 10:00am and was here at the house by 2:00, just in time for Steaks hot off the grill, jalapeno & cheese smoked sausage, shrimp cocktail, smoked salmon, homemade potato salad, a big pot of beans, corn on the cob, melon, and a double birthday celebration for his brother and sister.
It was funny that one of the things he was excited about was the availability of hot water..lol...air conditioning was also at the top of his "great to be home list." When I asked him what was the best thing about being home, he said "just being home period, and when I have to get on that plane and go back in a few weeks I'm gonna cry like a baby. It's a God forsaken place Momma!"
Thank you God for bringing him home to us, we are truly blessed and my prayers go out to the soldiers and their families who've given the ultimate sacrifice, you were in my thoughts today as I embraced my son and savored the precious moments of this very special day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back