Reporting child abuse

Speaking of taking matters into their own hands..... I watched Slingblade for the first time not too long ago. Wow. Dwight Yoakum plays a really good bad guy.

French Fried Tators-umm hummm.

I just wanted to blow off some steam about reporting suspected child abuse. I belong to a group of persons who are known by law as "Mandatory Reporters of Suspected Child Abuse" or "Professionals Required to Report" per US Dept of Health and Human Services. It is a responsibility I take very seriously. As such, I reported an unusual incident I witnessed personally about 10 days ago. There was nothing overtly obvious (i.e; bruises, obvious signs of maltreatment) it was just a very odd interaction between an adult and a child and given background information I am aware of on the adult, I reported it "as an odd interaction". I have been told by my supervisor that in the future if I suspect anything of this nature I am to discuss with the supervisor who will then relay the information to our attorney who will then decide if it is in need of reporting. Apparently possible litigation is a major concern. I know all the protections afforded to folks who report in good faith like I did. I'm just annoyed by this work-environment repercussion. Thanks for letting me vent!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back