Rescued beagles experience grass & sunlight for the 1st time

Oh my goodness....there should be a huge, red, blinking WARNING about ruining your mascara watching this video. I boo hoo'd until I couldn't boo hoo any more! Thank you for sharing this. I love videos with heartwarming endings! :)

Steely, that Dogs 101 breed vid made me soooo sad. It is because they are such healthy dogs that they are used in laboratory experiments. It is because they are so tractable and sweet that they're used in labs.

But what made me sadder is seeing how food motivated they are, and how much they love wandering and exploring and "hunting." Romi is not food motivated, he still gets scared if he can't see me or T., and he'd never go far without a leash.

We have come a long way...but I don't know if he'll ever be the "Snoopy" he should have been, given the life he should have had.

OTOH, he does "hunt" the sofa spot...the left corner is absolutely, irrevocably, indelibly his.

My goal for him, as I told my Mom, is to have him live the rest of his life out in what passes for canine disneyland...play, love, snuggles, and security.

I love that little guy, you know? He's just such a dear, wonderful, sweet dog...I am so blessed to have him in my life.

Best-
Herding Cats
(running with a pack of dogs, too)

What would be really sad is if he never had the chance to be where he is. What happened in the past isn't your fault. His past year and future have given him the puppiness he missed for so long. That dog is fantastically changed forever.

Steely, that Dogs 101 breed vid made me soooo sad. It is because they are such healthy dogs that they are used in laboratory experiments. It is because they are so tractable and sweet that they're used in labs.

But what made me sadder is seeing how food motivated they are, and how much they love wandering and exploring and "hunting." Romi is not food motivated, he still gets scared if he can't see me or T., and he'd never go far without a leash.

We have come a long way...but I don't know if he'll ever be the "Snoopy" he should have been, given the life he should have had.

OTOH, he does "hunt" the sofa spot...the left corner is absolutely, irrevocably, indelibly his.

My goal for him, as I told my Mom, is to have him live the rest of his life out in what passes for canine disneyland...play, love, snuggles, and security.

I love that little guy, you know? He's just such a dear, wonderful, sweet dog...I am so blessed to have him in my life.

Best-
Herding Cats
(running with a pack of dogs, too)

BBS

IMG_9442-4_zps9e13fcea.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads