Resemblance of McDuff and BSL

I'm not reading only here, but thank you for alerting here. I was reading my way to the general discussion. Taking deep breathes.

Yes, me too. Heart is beating extremely fast. I got sick to my stomach when I heard this news.

I know this is way out of the box thinking...K McDuff is buried in Captain Joe Byrd Cemetery....in Huntsville Texas.....BSL truck was burned in San Jacinto County Texas....i looked up the distance..39 miles..45 min drive? Could he have put Mickey in that cemetery? Crazy i know..but just a thought i had.

Looks like you were thinking in the right direction with the cemetery, a different one but a cemetery.

A weird and sad synchronicity: What is almost surely Mickey's body was discovered in Evangeline Parish. One of McDuff's victims, Colleen Reed, grew up in Evangeline Parish.

Her killer buried her in Texas, but after her body was recovered, she was brought back to Ville Platte, LA, and is buried there.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=11637369

so where is gary laverne? it would seem to me has another book on his hands with personal information from the family and perhaps brandon himself. he could go all the way back to childhood even on a personal level. I would buy it.

A quote about McDuff that I feel is relevant to Mickeys case.

"But one of the things I have had the hardest time coming to terms with is that if it hadn't been Colleen, it would have been another woman. Some woman was going to die that night at his hands."

"Austin police and the Travis County Medical Examiner's Office confirmed Wednesday that skeletal remains unearthed on a tip were those of Ms. Reed.
Emotions are all coming at me at the same time. Relief is what I feel. We have her. We can bury her now."

This sounds exactly like Mickeys case to me.

A quote about McDuff that I feel is relevant to Mickeys case.

"But one of the things I have had the hardest time coming to terms with is that if it hadn't been Colleen, it would have been another woman. Some woman was going to die that night at his hands."

"Austin police and the Travis County Medical Examiner's Office confirmed Wednesday that skeletal remains unearthed on a tip were those of Ms. Reed.
Emotions are all coming at me at the same time. Relief is what I feel. We have her. We can bury her now."

This sounds exactly like Mickeys case to me.

This is why I feel she was random; he was looking and she was there, just as LE believes.

Gary Lavergne responded to post on KLFY facebook page. Said he is not related to BSL and is not acquainted with anyone in his family. It is under the post about BSL being checked out of jail. He has 2 posts.

Gary Lavergne on KLFY Facebook page. Under the post about BSL being checked out of jail. Answers to comments made about his book. He says he is not related to BSL and is not acquainted with anyone in his family. There are 2 posts.
Just thought it was interesting.

Gary Lavergne on KLFY Facebook page. Under the post about BSL being checked out of jail. Answers to comments made about his book. He says he is not related to BSL and is not acquainted with anyone in his family. There are 2 posts.

Poor guy....if he really isn't related, he's sure been done a disservice by being "assumed" to be a relative.

That is very interesting. It has been written several times that G. Lavergne's bio dad was a brother to one of BSL's stepdad or dad...but never confirmed. I am glad that has been clarified. NO relation. Just same last name and same town.

Yeah, this is crazy. I guess the sleuthing went in the wrong direction?! I do find it odd that they're both from CP...

That is very interesting. It has been written several times that G. Lavergne's bio dad was a brother to one of BSL's stepdad or dad...but never confirmed. I am glad that has been clarified. NO relation. Just same last name and same town.

Hmm... I guess his father and BSL's grandfather have the same name.
Technically none of BSL's "family" is related to him Biologically speaking...
BUT if GL isn't even acquainted with the family then they must not be "family".

I STILL think he should write a book!
moo

Perhaps he doesn't care to be associated with Brandon Scott Lavergne.

Hmm... I guess his father and BSL's grandfather have the same name.
Technically none of BSL's "family" is related to him Biologically speaking...
BUT if GL isn't even acquainted with the family then they must not be "family".

I STILL think he should write a book!
moo
So in a town the size of Church Point, @ just under 5,000 people. Lavergnes are not related to other Lavergnes??
Rev Donald Hébert..'Southwest Louisiana Records'

So in a town the size of Church Point, @ just under 5,000 people. Lavergnes are not related to other Lavergnes??

Perhaps very, very distantly. My ex-husband's paternal grandmother was a biological Lavergne from Church Point. Would I call my kids or my ex as related to BSL? Um, nope. That link is tenuous at best, as the genealogy goes into "third cousin, five times removed" territory.

When the gene pool is that diluted, you can very easily say, "No, we're not related"...And actually mean it.

I was never a part of (or that interested in) the Gary Lavergne conversation, but reading his comments on KLFY's page made me curious so I Googled him.

Here's an article I found on his family history:

http://www.garylavergne.com/settlements.htm

I agree that CP is a small town and even if it's distantly, they are likely related, but it does not appear as if he and BSL are cousins. Also, he's been in Austin since 1989, so it makes sense that he may not be familiar with BSL's family.

Not defending him, I just hate when we spend time sleuthing and miss the mark. IMO

Why was it ever said that this author was related to BL? Just because of his name and hometown? I hope there were more facts than that.

Why was it ever said that this author was related to BL? Just because of his name and hometown? I hope there were more facts than that.

Rumor and the fact his last name and home town were the same as BSL.

100 to say, 50 years ago, all of Church Point people knew each other. Small town, where the rich knew the poor, farmers knew their work-hands, etc. Mention a last name, and you were sure to make a connection. 'oh, that's so and so's brother's aunt on his momma's side.' Fast forward...2012...as the 50 to 100 year old's age...you lose connections with who's who! Our older generations know, we don't. All true Cajun Lavergne's are related somehow from our ancestor's deported from Nova Scotia, we just barely know each other now. And i have no doubt, Mr.Gary Lavergne, whom i might add is held in high regard in the Church Point community, even heard of a BSL. Til now, perhaps.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back