Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/14/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it would have been more like 25 years in AZ.

Oh...it's not a life sentence??

My apologies as I thought 2nd degree was Life with possibility of release. If it's only 25 years, and she's been in jail nearly 7 years now, she would be out in about 18 years, give or take?

Wonder what manslaughter would have provided, since she was willing to give that up and plead to 2nd degree instead.

More commonly, however, second degree murder charges are filed in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Glendale and Mesa when the defendant is accused of either intentionally or knowing causing the death of another person. Although less severe than the penalties for first degree murder, a conviction for second degree murder in Phoenix carries with it a mandatory prison sentence in the Arizona Department of Corrections for a minimum of 10 years and a maximum of 22 years. The stakes are high if you are charged with second degree murder and you should have an experienced Phoenix Criminal Defense Attorney protecting your rights.

http://www.jdavidsonlaw.com/Criminal_Defense/Violent_Offenses/Second_Degree_Murder.aspx

SO she really wanted 10 year minimum minus 5 years already served.....because she did a service to society by ridding them of a predictor... I get it!!

What a piece of crap she is.

Agree with Cindymac. I never thought he knew she was coming. But how then to explain the pics of Travis on the bed with the KY? She must have coerced him in to one more romp, "for old times sake". There is something weird about that picture of her in braids, like she had the camera on a timer.

Arias could have just put the KY there. It looks almost within arms reach. None of the pics look at all natural, let alone passionate and erotic. They're cold, crude. I really don't think she had the power to tempt him anymore, and as for the braids, they're rather more practical when you're engaged in the messy business of brutally murdering someone.

Agree with Cindymac. I never thought he knew she was coming. But how then to explain the pics of Travis on the bed with the KY? She must have coerced him in to one more romp, "for old times sake". There is something weird about that picture of her in braids, like she had the camera on a timer.

I have always believed that 1.The pics were taken that day 2.There was a "romp" session 3. The braids were a premeditated way to minimize blood getting in her hair during the murder. Just my opinion though.
:thinking:

Is it a 25 year maximum?

I am just blown away that a person can kill someone and do a couple dozen years MAX and be free as a bird.

I believe it has been said that there are actually pictures from that day of Travis and Jodi actually having sex but they haven't been made public yet. I also read there's been video taken but they were unable to recover them.

Why would Jodi plant pictures on his camera when she was planning on killing him and had gone to great lengths to make sure no one new she'd been there? After the killing she deleted all the pictures, including the sex pictures. What would be the point of planting pictures and then deleting them and then running them through the wash? It makes no sense.

Is it a 25 year maximum?

I am just blown away that a person can kill someone and do a couple dozen years MAX and be free as a bird.

It's a minimum of 10 and a max of 29. With time served Jodi could have been out in like 15 years.

I just finished watching CMJA's allocution again (just to refresh my memory of something). I had recalled that DB had requested his face not be shown when he testified, in order to protect his minor son. Just to show the extent of evil that resides in CMJA, sure enough, she power pointed a photo of DB, his minor son, and herself. It was a final slap to DB I believe. That murderess is beyond pure evil. Hopefully he has now come to realize just how lucky he and his son are. :freakedout:

Wow I never thought of that. He no longer had anonymity. Another screw you.

If the max was 29 it's easy to see why the state would not deal. She is dangerous and they know that, and the case was so strong they could almost ensure she never goes free. (I say almost only because absolutes are rare.)

If the max was 29 it's easy to see why the state would not deal. She is dangerous and they know that, and the case was so strong they could almost ensure she never goes free. (I say almost only because absolutes are rare.)

Especially since they knew what no seated jury will know, that she was carrying a gun and knives getting ready to skip town. A very real and present danger that needed to be stopped, for good.

I've also driven through Arizona many times in my life. Never once ran out of gas due to a lack of gas stations.

Not to mention, anyone who drives around with cans of gas in the trunk of their car is an idiot, as it's very, very dangerous. That's the biggest red flag imo.

Yes, and where was Travis at that moment ? :scared:

She couldn't risk telling him she was on the way because he could possibly mention it to a roommate or friend. She may have fished around in conversations as to his schedule. After hearing the phone sex tape I have no doubt at all that they had sex. Travis was a red blooded male. A pretty girl shows up with a bottle of KY and crawls into bed with him...those pics weren't faked or selfies IMO and according to testimony. Both sides concede there was sex that day. I think she showed up, full of I'm sorry, KY and oh I brought by a car payment too and he fell for it.

I'm not so sure that the state was convinced that there was sex that day, but rather that it was easier to accept that there appeared to be, with little to be gained from closer analysis - it would be impossible to definitively say one way or another. And of course it didn't hurt to go with the flow, and be able to portray Arias as a true black widow, killing her mate after sex. But perhaps you feel the same way, as you say they "conceded".

And perhaps I'm naive, but I really can't imagine Travis falling for any scheme or sexual temptation at that stage. I know he's a guy but I think that even for the most lusty male, there's a line that's drawn. Plus, Travis had been lured in many times before, and her stalking, etc., behaviors had if anything worsened. I think he'd learnt his lesson, and then some - that he would have been utterly disgusted with himself to be drawn in by someone he'd come to thoroughly despise. But most of all, because Arias knew that's how he felt. That's why she was there, to kill him.

Apologies if I'm repeating myself - will cease and desist!

But all time stamps on those photos were of that day. The time stamps are created dynamically by the camera software as the picture is taken. Photos transferred to the camera from a different time would maintain their own time stamps.

Yes. It's certain the nude pics were from June 4th. Both sides experts agree on that

I'm not so sure that the state was convinced that there was sex that day, but rather that it was easier to accept that there appeared to be, with little to be gained from closer analysis - it would be impossible to definitively say one way or another. And of course it didn't hurt to go with the flow, and be able to portray Arias as a true black widow, killing her mate after sex. But perhaps you feel the same way, as you say they "conceded".

And perhaps I'm naive, but I really can't imagine Travis falling for any scheme or sexual temptation at that stage. I know he's a guy but I think that even for the most lusty male, there's a line that's drawn. Plus, Travis had been lured in many times before, and her stalking, etc., behaviors had if anything worsened. I think he'd learnt his lesson, and then some - that he would have been utterly disgusted with himself to be drawn in by someone he'd come to thoroughly despise. But most of all, because Arias knew that's how he felt. That's why she was there, to kill him.

Apologies if I'm repeating myself - will cease and desist!

They spent many hours together that day, as the time stamps on the photos show. if he was that done with her, and there was no sex, why all the hours together? If she showed up, and he was done with her, he would have seen her to the door shortly after she arrived.

Remember her reason? She never drove through the desert without extra gas/water.

well then since she always carried gas with her she should have had her own gas cans.

The State and Defense stipulated they had sex that day. There were photos that weren't shown to the public or jury. Whatever kind of "sex" they had that day, it was convincing enough for Juan Martinez to stipulate to it. I trust him and thank him from sparing us further photos.

Dang, I keep forgetting about that hair color thing. She had changed to brunette within hours of arriving in Mesa. But I agree the nude photo of herself in braids was a selfie. She just did not look like she was posing for a man--certainly not a sexy or provocative pose. She is basically just...there in the frame. Nothing sensuous, not even as much as a smile. I just can't figure why she needed a photo of herself on a camera with other photos of herself, and of TA, which were all then deleted by her, and the camera thrown in the wash as further insurance the photos were gone. Why even take such photos in the first place?

ITA agree with your critique of the pics. Not only crude and emotionless, but no signs whatsoever of Arias vanity. She can't even do a TV interview about her murder conviction without lip gloss and mascara.

The whole deletion thing is very peculiar. She could have just taken the memory card rather than go through the lengthy (as Melendez described it) one-by-one deletions. No one would have been any the wiser. As with so many things, there's a feeling that intent is in there somewhere. But what was it? Personally, I think that whatever it was, the plot went awry, as the murder was more messy/timely/exhausting than anticipated. As detectives often say, criminals can plan meticulously, but aren't prepared for the befuddling chemical rush, panic, etc. that follows their crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aoajanw