Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/21-11/23/14 In recess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gawd I feel like I've missed a lifetime just being gone all afternoon and evening.

But it was worth it spending an enchanting evening with someone who's name starts with AZ and ends with Lawyer and her wildly colorful husband.

I don't even know where to begin but it does look like Juan started off with a B A N G.

Is it weird that I'm jealous? That's weird right?

Lol.

I have some comments about JW's response:

First, she either doesn't understand what a damaged hard drive is, or she's playing it that way in hopes that JSS won't know the difference between a hard drive and a connector with bent pins.

She then goes on to confuse the issues re: the State's request for an image copy as of the day defense rec'd the computer in 2014 to the copy the State made in 2008. She says he obviously didn't need another image copy, since JM later said they had gone back and analyzed their original copy. His original 2008 copy would not show the damage they claim was done in 2009, thus the need for a later dated one, and one they should have been able to furnish. It's their allegation, and their need to provide proof - I suspect she knows the difference.

She admits they sent the wrong file originally, but somehow blames "FTK software" for "grabbing the wrong drive". How exactly does software "grab" the wrong drive to turn over? This is ridiculous!

She then says the State had all this time to make one, but if they were unaware of these supposed 2009 changes, why would they do that? There would be no need. Both State & defense forensic examiners (that knew what they were doing) testified to what was on the 2008 copy, and both agreed there was no evidence of *advertiser censored* then. Again, you claim all this was done in 2009 - it's your allegations of wrong doing to prove, JW.

She then says there is nothing wrong with the 2nd copy they sent over and that they are appalled that the State doesn't know how to read what they sent...um, what exactly was sent and are we supposed to think State forensics wouldn't be able to read a real image copy? She says it's a clone, but not an untouched image - so what is it exactly? It's not a forensic image copy as protocol requires, but that's the State's problem, how? A clone is used basically to restore a drive to a existing state. It's for backup if your computer goes out, it's not what is required in forensic computer work and anyone familiar with those requirements would know that. I know she mentioned FTK software (above), but I have my suspicions (below) that neither FTK or Encase software with a write block was used, but either one would have done the job.

If you notice the picture of the pin damage, they included some interesting information:

Name: DSC09743.jpg
Item(?) type: FarStone.JPG File
Folder path E:/ARIAS MESA PD
Date created 8/26/2014 2:02PM (hard to read the day and could be 25th - but if it is it's @ a later time than when modified)
Date modified 8/25/2014 10:49AM (on the pdf, the font or size of the lettering here looks a little different to me, but could be the angle or something?)

The first thing I noticed was that the created date is after the modified date - unless I just need a new prescription and am reading this wrong. How can you modify a file before it's created? Also, I thought they didn't get this until late Sept or so?
Next was the "Item type": FarStone, which meant nothing to me, so I hit Google only to find a company that sells cloning/backup software that is basically for consumers and small businesses. It's products get good consumer reviews for inexpensive cloning or backup type software, but it's certainly not something a professional forensic person would use. Who might buy a copy of something like this? Maybe a private investigator, who in trying to provide what JA said was there, somehow screwed up the contents of the HD so badly that it can't be read again. Who knows what was furnished to the State, but JW's feigned surprise that the State couldn't read whatever they sent to them reads a little false after seeing "FarStone" on that pic. I notice the BBM on one of their product descriptions:
If this is indeed what their "expert" used, who knows what they had to 'analyze' and how it compared to the 2008 image copy?

All just my 2cents ...

That's alright , she also wants to argue about getting information from dead people.

Here's her Linkedin:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/l-c-miccio-fonseca/5/960/409

Education: 1979-1982
Professional School for Psychological Studies

http://www.quackwatch.com/04ConsumerEducation/nonrecorg.html
Schools Not Accredited by Recognized Accrediting Agency

+++ lots more out there about that "school"....

I would like to know what her education was before this. In the end she ends up at Allaint with Robert Geffner and Alyce.

My husband was just telling me all about pins and what this expert could have done that damaged them and what about that damage would make it difficult for the state to get info from the hard drive. It does sound like the defense expert did something stupid and messed them up and is now trying to blame the state. It doesn't make sense. What could the state have done to damage these before turning it over? How were they able to read the hard drive if the state can no longer do it?

Willmott's new motion just smacks of pettiness. Saying, well, clearly he doesn't even need the copy because he can just look at his own (that he doesn't have) and deflecting attention off the fact that they screwed up royally.

I just hope the judge doesn't get confused!

Eta: you mentioned the connector with bent pins Lin. That's what my husband was explaining to me. I don't think the state did this. It's interesting how they neglected to mention any damage until Juan brought it up. Hmmmmm....

So it looked like at some point juan questioned Jodi's brother. That's where Juan got the FU Bill from. Wonder what else came from that interview. Is this the same brother who said on his FB page his sister was going to use the sex tape to show to TA's past or future girlfriend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jodi was first born, Carl abt 1 yr younger than Jodi, about 11 yrs later Sandy had Angela, and abt one year later Joey.

Joey (Joseph) is the youngest brother (youngest child of Bill and Sandy Arias) who is closer in age to sister Angela. Joey does have FB and is the one who made a remark on FB (I did not see the remark(s) that apparently was later deleted but others have). Carl (Carlos) is the older brother closer to Jodi's age and does not appear to have FB. Carl is the only sibling who has remained completely silent and is an enigma. I think Carl is the one who took Jodi to rent 'the car'. I often wonder what he is thinking or is take on all of this due to his silence. I was glad to read that Carl had been interviewed. With much new stuff coming out in this guilty phase, it would just be so great if we had the total picture of all evidence. Thank you all for your interesting opinions.

Doubt the DT can win this one. jmo Depends on how much JSS knows or believes until she calls in experts or listens to the so called experts. I guess.

Here's her Linkedin:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/l-c-miccio-fonseca/5/960/409

Education: 1979-1982

http://www.quackwatch.com/04ConsumerEducation/nonrecorg.html
Schools Not Accredited by Recognized Accrediting Agency

+++ lots more out there about that "school"....

Like for example it's not ranked by U.S. News and World Report (the standard school "ranker") because they (the school) didn't provide data. And it was founded by Dr. "Oops" Geffner, who was an "expert" in part one of this debacle. And it's a "for profit" business/degree mill, which is never a good sign. And its awards, accolades, etc are from "Who's Who"-type lists. ("Give us money and we'll say nice stuff about you.")

Yeah, OK, I'm a little bit obsessed. These fake schools and their fake degrees and their fake experts are floating all over the place, polluting actual academic discourse. And no, of course they're not all fake... but people who basically buy letters to put after their names bug me. In case you couldn't tell.

Well, It's later than I usually stay up. Past eleven. ha ha NO TEXTING ME. GOT IT?

eta, guess ya just have to put your foot down in the docs mind...

Bent pins often result from someone trying to shove a peripheral in a computer such as a graphic card.

20 yrs ago or so, I used a nifty 'comb' to straighten them right back up, easier than applying jewelry-type pliers to each pin to get them vertical.

HDDs don't connect via a socket with pins anymore, unless one is referring to the molex on the power source which can so easily be fixed...or just use another connector. Molex has holes, not pins per se.

All smoke & mirrors, yet again...imo.

I have some comments about JW's response:

First, she either doesn't understand what a damaged hard drive is, or she's playing it that way in hopes that JSS won't know the difference between a hard drive and a connector with bent pins.

She then goes on to confuse the issues re: the State's request for an image copy as of the day defense rec'd the computer in 2014 to the copy the State made in 2008. She says he obviously didn't need another image copy, since JM later said they had gone back and analyzed their original copy. His original 2008 copy would not show the damage they claim was done in 2009, thus the need for a later dated one, and one they should have been able to furnish. It's their allegation, and their need to provide proof - I suspect she knows the difference.

She admits they sent the wrong file originally, but somehow blames "FTK software" for "grabbing the wrong drive". How exactly does software "grab" the wrong drive to turn over? This is ridiculous!

She then says the State had all this time to make one, but if they were unaware of these supposed 2009 changes, why would they do that? There would be no need. Both State & defense forensic examiners (that knew what they were doing) testified to what was on the 2008 copy, and both agreed there was no evidence of *advertiser censored* then. Again, you claim all this was done in 2009 - it's your allegations of wrong doing to prove, JW.

She then says there is nothing wrong with the 2nd copy they sent over and that they are appalled that the State doesn't know how to read what they sent...um, what exactly was sent and are we supposed to think State forensics wouldn't be able to read a real image copy? She says it's a clone, but not an untouched image - so what is it exactly? It's not a forensic image copy as protocol requires, but that's the State's problem, how? A clone is used basically to restore a drive to a existing state. It's for backup if your computer goes out, it's not what is required in forensic computer work and anyone familiar with those requirements would know that. I know she mentioned FTK software (above), but I have my suspicions (below) that neither FTK or Encase software with a write block was used, but either one would have done the job.

If you notice the picture of the pin damage, they included some interesting information:

Name: DSC09743.jpg
Item(?) type: FarStone.JPG File
Folder path E:/ARIAS MESA PD
Date created 8/26/2014 2:02PM (hard to read the day and could be 25th - but if it is it's @ a later time than when modified)
Date modified 8/25/2014 10:49AM (on the pdf, the font or size of the lettering here looks a little different to me, but could be the angle or something?)

The first thing I noticed was that the created date is after the modified date - unless I just need a new prescription and am reading this wrong. How can you modify a file before it's created? Also, I thought they didn't get this until late Sept or so?
Next was the "Item type": FarStone, which meant nothing to me, so I hit Google only to find a company that sells cloning/backup software that is basically for consumers and small businesses. It's products get good consumer reviews for inexpensive cloning or backup type software, but it's certainly not something a professional forensic person would use. Who might buy a copy of something like this? Maybe a private investigator, who in trying to provide what JA said was there, somehow screwed up the contents of the HD so badly that it can't be read again. Who knows what was furnished to the State, but JW's feigned surprise that the State couldn't read whatever they sent to them reads a little false after seeing "FarStone" on that pic. I notice the BBM on one of their product descriptions:
If this is indeed what their "expert" used, who knows what they had to 'analyze' and how it compared to the 2008 image copy?

All just my 2cents ...

Where are the photos of the bent pins?

snip
On a related topic, is it just me, or does Fonseca not seem to know a whole lot about sex? Especially the role of fantasy, pop rocks, KY etc.? That there is a large range in sexual behaviors between average consenting adults? That inventive sex is often a symptom of a healthy relationship and not necessarily a sick one? That you can go to an adult "toy" store and get creative tips and it's not *advertiser censored* or sicko, but simply a way to "liven things up"?

I thought Fonseca was supposed to be an expert in kinkiness? She seems like a prude.... I mean, really, implying KY is a symptom of sexual pathology by making an issue over who brought it to the JA/TA relationship? She hasn't seen a tube of KY lying on the counter in her doctor's office? If she has, would she consider her doctor reprehensible for knowing how to use it?

It's not just you. For a "sexpert" she has an astonishingly (though conveniently) narrow view of human sexuality. Seriously. The "three holes" have been pretty standard equipment since basically forever. Fonseca should maybe check out some ancient Greek pottery. Or on second thought maybe not -- she might pass out. Maybe for her first walk on the wild side she should just take a stroll down the "sexual wellness" aisle at her local Kmart.

Answer to bent pins:

Altho I've not studied the photo, they are shown in Willmott's motion on pg 7.

So my husband was kind enough to write something out for me in regards to all this since I don't understand it and am not good at translating it. He's not the best at describing things in layman's terms but the gist is there, lol. Maybe this will help some, it helped me. Maybe it'll just be more information than anyone cares for lol:

"So two pin sets common on hard disks are the dip switch, used to configure IRQ, and the pins that run the connection from the disk to the hard disk controller. Damaged dip switch pins will limit and or disable your ability to set the appropriate irq on a new computer, to prevent conflicting Irq between the disk and other devices specific to that computer, which is possible if you swap disks between computers, where on computer there is devices using irqs different then the other than the pin on the disk connecting to the disk control. So those typically from that era, I believe are either IDE, SCSI, or some other connection type. It is a pain pulling those in and out.out of a disk control, you have to wiggle them in or out. You could potentially damage these pins making the disk inaccessible without repair.this could lead the prosecutor to say, look they are damaged I don't want to risk repairing it and further damaging the disk, so I cannot accept this. In fact both irq and data connection pins could potentially have the same argument."

"Well there the hard disk needle/pin, if this is a early 2000s drive it could be using this type of disk and not static state. The pin can get damaged over time or if the disk is dropped or somehow exposed to impact. This type of pin damage could happen, depending how lose ly they are using the term pin. And if so that is probably the hardest to repair."

If I could have my dream kink-ologist on the witness stand in this trial (any phase past present or future) it would be Dan Savage. Fortunately he's of much too sound a mind to get caught up in this crazy case. In one of his recent columns he calls Jodi the "Kim Kardashian of cold-blooded murderesses."

Bent pins often result from someone trying to shove a peripheral in a computer such as a graphic card.

20 yrs ago or so, I used a nifty 'comb' to straighten them right back up, easier than applying jewelry-type pliers to each pin to get them vertical.

HDDs don't connect via a socket with pins anymore, unless one is referring to the molex on the power source which can so easily be fixed...or just use another connector. Molex has holes, not pins per se.

All smoke & mirrors, yet again...imo.

Could it be another one of those things that is not really anyone's fault, per se, just regular wear and tear?

All I have to say is that bent pins have NOTHING to do with this issue. Certainly experts can straighten them out to make the connection to the source. The issue is about the contents of the drive, not how it was connected. :-/

All I have to say is that bent pins have NOTHING to do with this issue. Certainly experts can straighten them out to make the connection to the source. The issue is about the contents of the drive, not how it was connected. :-/

Perhaps the damage Juan was referring to has nothing to do with the pins then and Jen's claim is a red herring?

Hahaha meebe!! I think we are married to the same guy.When he starts "explaining" tech stuff Ijust smile and nod lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle