Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/19-1/5 Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re this part:

"I just don`t think we are quite right for each other. I'm a little too sensitive. Although I prefer to think of it as Christ-like."

Did she just compare herself to Jesus here?
My goodness. How arrogant can someone be.

Delusional is more apropos.

Three days after finding Travis in his bedroom on his bed masturbating to a picture of a little boy, and Jodi's happy to be back in it.

Jodi journal entry January 24 2008

I`m trying very hard not to be in a state of blame right now, but if it weren't for Travis borrowing all of my money, I`d be in San Diego tonight. I spent $40 on two super Saturday tickets to see Jeff Olson (ph) and visit with my friends that I miss very much, but I've been squeezed dry and then some because of him.

I drained my checking account to put money into his and then was hit with tons of fees, fees that he isn't going to pay, $96 worth. And he has the nerve to tell me to balance my checkbook. Nay, he didn`t just tell me that, he screamed it at me, and then proceeded to say that he wants to get a gun and put it to his head and pull the trigger.

I was crying because it distresses me to see him like that and because I know all too well and first-hand what it is like to be where he is1. So it was with great compassion that I calmly, sweetly, to my best ability, soothingly told him that everything was going to be all right, that, like always, this, too, shall pass, that I promise everything will be worth it in the end.

I wanted to soothe away his worries. He was under more stress than I had ever seen him. He was really despairing today. I lended him another $80. I went to the bank for him to deposit it into his account since he said he doesn't want to step foot in that bank again today. By the time we had parted, things seemed a little better.

True, I could just marry Travis, but as wonderful a guy as he is, I just don`t think we are quite right for each other. I'm a little too sensitive. Although I prefer to think of it as Christ-like. And he is a little too rough around the edges although it is nearly impossible to imagine my life without him right now, he is amazing and he can cheer me up in a snap by singing me songs and holding me close. I like it when we cuddle. That`s the very best. On my bad days he brings me up, but I fear I rely on him too much for that sometimes. He is way too stressed in his own issues. He invariably suggests that we both distress by, well, being naughty. And although it is a temporary relief I think it is causing more problems. Besides, if it is something that I can`t tell my bishop then I probably shouldn't be doing it.

Well, today was interesting to say the least. Highs and lows. Travis was obscenely mean to me, but then he was extremely sweet and apologetic. It`s easy to forgive him when I remember who he is, who I am, and who we all really are, which is divine offspring, children of God.

He`s so hard to say no to. We totally made out afterward. But he was so sweet and kind and attentive the entire rest of the night. It was a long drive back from Las Vegas. Travis was being extremely impatient, but eventually he got over it. So I raced home, freshened up, and headed over there with tootsy pops. He makes me want to be so naughty. And naughty we were. We went all the way again. It was different this time. He was different. He was tender and sweet and loving. He said he had been planning and hoping for this. He said he wanted to savor the moment and make it last as long as possible. He asked me if I felt guilty and I said yes. Then he told me he wanted this because he wanted us to always have something special. Perhaps it was like closure for both of us.

So we know the day the tootsie pops were involved and that they went all the way for the second time. IIRC Jodi tells Travis in the sex phone call that he made her feel like a Goddess the day he had rose petals and candles down the hall to his bathroom and around the tub. I think that is the "first" all the way sex. Jodi said that is didn't count according to Travis because it was underwater.

Wouldn't you be talking about sex acts more recent than four months ago? Jodi always seems to be in control and a saint while Travis is an short tempered and mean to her.

All the way sex after being broke up for seven months -

If you can read all of this on day it is so laughable. Nobody pats them self on the back as much as Jodi and her kind words of wisdom and gentle ways.

When she says 'I lent him money' and 'he has squeezed me dry' what it really means is that she was paying him back--she is complaining about having to return money that is rightfully his. That's the sociopath we know so well--always the victim, forever the victim...oh what an actress she is-- always the gentle, calm one (never mind that she steals, snoops and stalks) manipulating everyone and everything without batting an eyelash and then blaming them for getting upset!

Happy christmas guys xoxoxoxox

Hope Santa has been good to you all.

My one xmas wish...dear god lets not hear jodi singing for her dinner again.

As I wake up this morning, all I want to do is with each and every one of you a glorious day with friends, family, your pets. It is a day to celebrate!

Happy, Happy Christmas!

Wishing everyone a Very Merry Christmas !!! :santahat:

:sleigh: :christmastree: :sleigh: :christmastree: :sleigh: :christmastree:

I'm sure that many of Arias' journal entries were fabricated post-murder. And the ones before were written in order to manipulate Travis---she made sure that Travis 'accidentally' read them. The thing with Arias is that she is always playing a part for an audience. Even when left to herself she is like an actress on the stage. Even if she were to write something and burn it right then and there it would be full of lies. She can go from writing in a Biblical style to New-Age to Colloquial in two minutes flat depending on her intended targets and ever-fluctuating moods. There is not an authentic bone in her body. As jane the dood said in a previous post Juan should tell the jury that Arias' journals, letters and direct testimony are mere fiction...they are as much use as a chocolate teapot.

BBM ~
I totally agree Rose! One that continues to jump out at me is where she writes that 4 different guys asked her out on a Friday or Sat. night. :rolleyes:

I know with gmail, that the location and time of whoever accesses the email is traceable and is accessible from the gmail page. IOW, if CMJA hacked into Travis' from some other location it should have been easy to determine this. To do this, at the bottom of the gmail page, there is a link for "Last account activity". Click on "details" and a window pops up that says "Activity on this account". This is a chart that lists by date and time, the Access Type (Browser, mobile, etc.) and Location (Ip address, Country and state) from where the account was accessed.

I think that if CMJA sent fraudulent emails to herself from Travis's email address, it must have been from his home. If she had hacked into it from another location, surely LE would have this information. I'm sure there's something I'm missing or not aware of, so anyone please correct me if I'm wrong. TIA

In one of the interviews Flores tells JA that "we'll know if you accessed his accounts from California". I am wondering why this was never brought up in trial. She came up with the story about trust issues and exchanging passwords. However, she was inventing the lie and listed two accounts at first and then when she spoke of it again, changed one of them to a different one.

I have been gone for a week and just catching up....Wilmott made a mistake when the stun gun info was discussed....Now the jury is thinking why does she have a stun gun? I didn't miss much and just waiting for JM in Jan. I wonder if the jury is getting to the point of a slow simmer with the defense just wasting their time rehashing the same oh thing with the Dr.'s Dr. spill water would have been better off just discussing the testing....

While most of here don't think for one minute there ever was a stun gun (me included)

IT MAKES ME HAPPY that the jurors do!

:santahat:Merry Christmas to all my friends at WS:santahat:

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope all of you have a wonderful, peaceful day.
I have a question that someone might be able to answer. Did Nurmi file his appeal to the COA? I haven't seen a thing about it and the deadline was this week?

Hearing & feeling tidings of comfort and joy. To everyone, Merry Christmas. I love you all.

Merry Christmas everyone.

I actually don't think she wrote the journal after the murder. (Because the trashing of TA and painting herself as a victim didn't start until years after she was arrested.) I think she kept the journal before the murder but actually filled the thing with lies from the start to twist the reality of her situation into something more dramatic than it actually was. And twist what was actually going on to show her in a favorable light.

⛄️�� Merry Christmas Sleuthers- to you and yours! Same as Tuba- I love you all!��⛄️

Thanks. I heard about that case. She is another one who seems to be living in "left field" LOL

Spoofing the sender's email address itself is definitely harder and I have heard of websites that offer that service for a fee. That kind of thing can cause terrible confusion and even get people mad at the wrong people.

My dad got a computer virus once that went through and sent emails out to everyone in his address book and he had a lot of people get mad at him, but it was the virus that did it. When I got the email from him, I immediately suspected it was a virus he had because he could not type that legibly and he used all CAPS normally...LOL

But others got mad at him for it. I told him he should send an apology letter out to everyone in his address book which he did. I then tried to teach him how to install and keep antivirus software running and up to date on his computer but he never fully understood and he finally gave up and just got rid of the computer. I felt so sorry for him but I do understand how some of his generation just never grew up with these things and they are very confusing.
Yeah, I once got a mass e-mail from my father stating he was stranded in Europe and to send money. My father takes alot of trips, but they are cruises, not to Europe, and he would never put himself in the situation that he had to ask others for money (if it was a young guy, that might be different, but my father is old and well-to-do)!! I called and verified with my stepmother that they hadn't been traveling. SMH

Merry Christmas everyone.

I actually don't think she wrote the journal after the murder. (Because the trashing of TA and painting herself as a victim didn't start until years after she was arrested.) I think she kept the journal before the murder but actually filled the thing with lies from the start to twist the reality of her situation into something more dramatic than it actually was. And twist what was actually going on to show her in a favorable light.

I agree. She tried with her journals to make herself appear introspective rather than the shallow one-dimensional thing that she is. Such nonsense could have been written any time, any place.

ETA: I do believe that any missing pages were torn out after the murder, or at least after she planned to murder him. I bet those pages spoke of him doing nice, thoughtful things for her and would contradict her later claims about his treatment of her.

Yeah, I once got a mass e-mail from my father stating he was stranded in Europe and to send money. My father takes alot of trips, but they are cruises, not to Europe, and he would never put himself in the situation that he had to ask others for money (if it was a young guy, that might be different, but my father is old and well-to-do)!! I called and verified with my stepmother that they hadn't been traveling. SMH

When my email was high jacked I learned that the hacker had sent out that very email to all of my contacts using my email address. I had to contact everyone and tell them it wasn't me. Rather embarrassing and very aggravating. Thankfully no one fell for it.

I agree. She tried with her journals to make herself appear introspective rather than the shallow one-dimensional thing that she is. Such nonsense could have been written any time, any place.

ETA: I do believe that any missing pages were torn out after the murder, or at least after she planned to murder him. I bet those pages spoke of him doing nice, thoughtful things for her and would contradict her later claims about his treatment of her.

BBM. Casey Anthony did the same thing. Backdated her journals, and tore out pages that would be harmful to her.

I don't get how the journal can be used as evidence to be honest. She can write anything, fact or fantasy, and it's now being used to try and prove Travis wasn't whiter than white. Well firstly no one is whiter than white, Travis was a normal man with desires and needs like any other human. Secondly, there is no way to prove that these journal entries are nothing more than Jodi's imagination written on paper. She seems to think she is some kind of artistic genius, and I'm not being mean here, but as someone who loves taking photographs there are none of hers that strike me as particularly brilliant, her "drawing" is either middle school level or traced, and I'm pretty sure a drawing she has for sale on the site is a photo that Tom Tingle took and it has just been ran through a photoshop filter to look like a drawing, it is the exact same down to lines and shades. I think she has tried to write "realistic" journals but in a creative way. They are, in the main, idealistic and they don't strike me as reflecting what has actually gone on. Thirdly, they cannot be corroborated in the way an email or text conversation can be. We are getting one side of what (may or may not have) happened, we have no clue what Travis was doing, thinking or saying.

I'm sure in the journals there are little pieces of trivial truth, but in the main they are, in my opinion, a work of fiction to be read by an audience after the tragic killing of Travis. I can't believe they have played such a big part in the trials of Jodi Arias.

BBM ~
I totally agree Rose! One that continues to jump out at me is where she writes that 4 different guys asked her out on a Friday or Sat. night. :rolleyes:

That was the nothing noteworthy day. She called them "offers" in her journal. Heck I'd remember four guys hitting on me, and that would be noteworthy in my book.

I can't believe how long winded she is in just writing day to day crap. It's not a dear diary I had a crappy day. So and so said I was fat etc things like that. Nope her's are mini novela's.

diary
noun (Concise Encyclopedia)

Record of events, transactions, or observations kept daily or at frequent intervals; especially a daily record of personal activities, reflections, or feelings. Written primarily for the writer's use alone, the personal diary usually offers a frankness not found in writing done for publication. The diary form, which began to flower in the late Renaissance, is important as a record of social and political history. The most famous diary in English is that of Samuel Pepys. Other notable journals include those of John Evelyn, Jonathan Swift, Fanny Burney, James Boswell, André Gide, and Virginia Woolf.

I don't think it mean every single thought that goes through her pschyo brain is to put pen to paper. She drones on and on about nothing but her and how she's been done wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipstar2