Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/13 thru 2/18 - Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts are MDLR overreacted to something that wasn't even about her. Paul Sanders, from my understanding, was not "involved" because he wasn't with her when it happened. He had to ask if she actually sang. She did but it didn't have anything to do with Maria. The whole thing was really stupid.

He was there, he reported it himself on his day 35 report. I don't agree it was a racist event, but it was still weird and uncalled for. The court house is no place to act like that, inside or out.

One thing that worries me is that sometimes it seems as if Juan assumes that everyone on the jury is as smart as he is. One example is that Paul Saunders didn't understand what Juan was trying to get across about the Helio. Juan should have made it clearer to the jurors. Maybe he is going to wait until closing arguments to put it all together. I didn't realize that I knew what instant messaging was until a few minutes ago. Years ago, my sister and I would send instant messages to each other. In the first half of 2008, I downloaded Yahoo Instant Messenger to speak with my daughter in northern Virginia and her husband who was stationed in the Green Zone in Baghdad.

I just hope that Travis gets the justice he deserves!

JM may never put all the pieces together for the jury about exactly how JA put that "text" on her phone. I don't think he needs to. Actually, I think going over the process in detail would be more distracting than helpful.

The man is a master. What's he elicited bit by bit is the material to tell in closing the story of a murderer very much in control of herself who left Mesa but who had no intention of letting Travis move on.

The equally brilliant thing the Helio evidence accomplished is to plant the seed that the jury can't take on face value any of the texts or emails presented as sent by Travis.

If the jury starts to doubt the authenticity of those texts and emails, the DT is in a world of trouble. They only had two witnesses (discounting *advertiser censored* red herring). Both spent days and days and days analyzing those communications for the jury. Both based their evaluations of bad Travis solely on those communications and the word of a lying murderer trying to avoid the DT.

IMO, that's exactly what JM will point out in closing to further demolish their credibility.

I read that Geffner isn't available until 2/25. Can't the judge order him to appear? I would think so.
Read the kerfuffle regarding the MDLR episode. I think that was pretty juvenile for those trial watchers to behave that way. I also read the 13th Juror's recap of the incident. He was involved in that episode. I have mixed feelings about his writings. I also think it was creepy of him to confront Dr Demarte & Juan that morning. If I were them, I would have been scared.
Looks like the end is near! The murderess must be shaking in her boots. I still think she may take the stand. The jury has to wonder why she didn't feel it was important enough to her to finish her testimony, which is why I think she will testify.
Thoughts?

I am so glad to read I'm not the only one who feels that way about their behaviour at the court house. While I do NOT agree it was racist or an intentional attack to MDLR, behaviour like that, coming from an adult, in a public setting? Just down right weird. And then confronting a witness, while she's still on the stand ? Totally unprofessional. Had that been a JA supporter like Donovan who approached a witness etc, everyone here would have been outraged. There's a time and a place for every behaviour and the court house isn't the place. No wonder everyone believes it's a circus, half the spectators are down there acting like animals.

He was there, he reported it himself on his day 35 report. I don't agree it was a racist event, but it was still weird and uncalled for. The court house is no place to act like that, inside or out.

He was there but he does not appear to have heard the song in queetion, is my understanding. Doesn't really make a difference.

And I can't agree with you there. Inside the courtroom is one thing but outside while walking with your friends is another. Breaking into a little song to make them laugh? I really don't think it was that big of a deal and we'd never even heard about it if the defense never brought it up. I don't think we should be led to think what the DT wants us to. If this was blatant or if they were acting fools, that would be one thing. But this was such a non event that it is stupid we are even talking about it.

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

Question: Has the Transcript of the "super secret in chambers meeting" from October 30, 2014 been released yet ?

Thanks !

And Happy Friday !

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I do hope Jodi does beg for mercy. Nobody will believe her and just cement the deal she only cares about herself. I'm confused tho as to how that will happen now since Jodi has such "issues" to publicly speak. Maybe Maria will get up and read it for her LOL

Jodi beg for mercy? I think we have a better chance of winning the lottery. I'd love to see her "attempt" though lol

Very curious too. I can't imagine Juan fighting that hard on letting a juror question(s) in. He seems like the type who would want it in so he could argue it and let that juror know he's wrong, if I was hurtful to him, of course.

But of course Juan knows what the question was, and knows the juror who asked it probably figures the defense blocked it, so he can make sure he addresses the issue either via a defense witness or in closing.

It is easy to fool people who WANT to believe. I do think the jury has been sitting there every day, watching JA and trying to wrap their mind around how all this could have happened. If she gets up and cries and says she loved TA and is so sad that he died, I believe there will be those on the jury who will eagerly latch onto that and be reluctant to vote DP.

Maybe not so willing when the majority of jurors point out that this unremorseful convicted murder just took up over 4 months of their lives accusing the man she slaughtered of everything from physical abuse to pedophilia.

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

Question: Has the Transcript of the "super secret in chambers meeting" from October 30, 2014 been released yet ?

Thanks !

And Happy Friday !

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Surely you jest. :D. If not: the answer is.......no.

Today on TCM:

The Bad Seed (1956)

Friday, February 13 @ 11:00 AM (ET)

A woman suspects that her perfect little girl is a ruthless killer.

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/67988/Bad-Seed-The/

This is okay, BetteDavisEyes. It is relative to what we are discussing regarding Arias' character. Thanks

:tyou: BDE and Lamby !

:eek: :eek: Yep ! Braids and all !

th
th

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...1341B1940A0629C236733858ED1D&selectedIndex=62

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...1A51D49E0287567E33A4D411B3AA2&selectedIndex=2

If Jodi did beg for mercy I think it would along the same lines as the letter she sent to the Family. Start with the lies and then go on to slam Travis as to why he deserved it and/or "made" her do it. And that would seal the deal for a DP. So have at er Jodi lol

Surely you jest. :D. If not: the answer is.......no.

:seeya: Yep ... but a girl can hope ? LOL !

Seriously though, I was hoping it would be released ... JSS was ordered to release it.

What is taking so long ?

I'm putting together a chronological list with content of the emails/social media/texts of April through May 2008. Will post it if anyone's interested.

:seeya: Yep ... but a girl can hope ? LOL !

Seriously though, I was hoping it would be released ... JSS was ordered to release it.

What is taking so long ?

I think the media is more MIA than not since the transcripts were released. JSS unsealed them because they were connected to the COA ruling, but she's never been one to expedite the public's access to records, eh?

Maybe not so willing when the majority of jurors point out that this unremorseful convicted murder just took up over 4 months of their lives accusing the man she slaughtered of everything from physical abuse to pedophilia.

I do hope that you are right. I just think that we (WS) are more educated (for lack of a better word) on just how evil some people can be. The 'average' person, yanked out of their life to become a juror, may have no idea. They have heard all the evidence but maybe are still looking for that good in JA. It isn't there but do they realize that? We know just what she is and no expression of remorse would be believed by us cause we would recognize it as self serving. But I worry that there are some who just can't accept that there is no 'fixing' some people and will give her the chance of some rehab by voting life. :(

I think the media is more MIA than not since the transcripts were released. JSS unsealed them because they were connected to the COA ruling, but she's never been one to expedite the public's access to records, eh?

I was just going to post the same thing. Do we even know if any reports are trying to get the chamber transcripts? It seems that reporting has really gone down hill since the Super Bowl. Not that I blame them. The professional reporters have to go where the ratings are and they just aren't here.

Thanks for the link to the Bad Seed BDE. Watching right now. Creepy that there was just a scene with bad seed putting on a pr. of glasses. No Auntie NO!!! Don't excuse her behavior YIKES!!!! This wont end well either!

I was just going to post the same thing. Do we even know if any reports are trying to get the chamber transcripts? It seems that reporting has really gone down hill since the Super Bowl. Not that I blame them. The professional reporters have to go where the ratings are and they just aren't here.

I thought the judge releasd them because the media asked for them and the judge decided there was no reason not to unseal them now.

I thought the judge rrleasd them because the media asked for them and the judge decided there was no reason not to unseal them now.

Yes I do recall that as well now that you say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther