Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the trial was going on, I wasn't working at the time and I must admit I spent way to much time following this. Now I am working and it will be tough to follow all the tweets and the conversations on WS. I can stop through out the day and take a peek, and am confident everyone will keep us well informed here.
I doubt if Nurmi will allow cameras. If he does it will only be for opening statements then he will shut us out. Either way I hope justice finally comes to the Alexanders.

I don't think it's the state that wants this sealed.

If you read it: "to seal the State’s pleading entitled Objection to Defendant’s Motion to Strike the Death Penalty Due to
Continued State Misconduct", it simply means that the state's objection/answer is being sealed and that is Nurmi's doing, so no one will know how JM
handled this drivel of "continued misconduct".

That's what happened YorN. Juan actually didn't want this sealed but Nurmi did, and so...

Pretty manipulative too. All those accusations get to be out there but not Juan's response to them. I'd love to hear what he had to say about Mrs. Flores.

I don't think it's the state that wants this sealed.

If you read it: "to seal the State’s pleading entitled Objection to Defendant’s Motion to Strike the Death Penalty Due to
Continued State Misconduct", it simply means that the state's objection/answer is being sealed and that is Nurmi's doing, so no one will know how JM
handled this drivel of "continued misconduct".

Thank you, but I'm still confused. (And sorry, I shouldn't have snipped.)

ORDER SEALING PLEADING / CAPITAL CASE

The Court having received and considered the State’s Motion to Seal Pleading Filed on
October 10, 2014, and good cause appearing,

IT IS ORDERED granting the Motion and directing the Clerk of the Court to seal the State’s pleading entitled Objection to Defendant’s Motion to Strike the Death Penalty Due to
Continued State Misconduct, not to be unsealed absent further Order of the Court. All as set
forth in the formal Order signed by the Court October 10, 2014 and filed/entered on October 10,

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...4/m6536404.pdf

This is all over my head. Doesn't this say that the Court is granting the State's motion to seal the State's pleading in which the State objects to the Defendant's (patently ridiculous) motion regarding the Defendant's (false) accusations of "continued State misconduct"? What's the difference between a motion and a pleading?

As so many of you have said, I sure wish we could see this. I think we non legal people could learn so much. It seems like this portion of the case is so convoluted I can't understand what is going on. Maybe that is just Jodi and her team causing these problems.(I don't even know if they are problems or her rights)

I really did think that the court was to be open to the public so that we can learn. But, I don't think so. JMO.
Thanks for everyone trying to explain things but I am not getting much to it.

On with the trial or penalty phase?

I (for once) hope she doesn't let them be broadcast because surely if JA agrees, there will be some lie, deception or strategy at play with her reason for doing it.
No good reason for Jodi.

You are right on!

Although with Jodi & Co., there will always be lies/deceptions, whether televised or not.

That's what happened YorN. Juan actually didn't want this sealed but Nurmi did, and so...

Pretty manipulative too. All those accusations get to be out there but not Juan's response to them. I'd love to hear what he had to say about Mrs. Flores.

I suspect Juan had an answer for all of it and it was sealed because no self-respecting defense team wants their comeuppance publicized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221