Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, it seems like the DT is throwing another tantrum, similar to those my children used to throw.

DD: Well you said I could do it before, so why can't I do it now?
ME: That was before and this is now. I realized I made a mistake before to let you drive my car.
DD: That is just not fair. I'm asking Dad.
DH: The answer is NO. If you can't live with that decision, then I guess you aren't going anywhere tonight.
DD: You ruined my life. If I can't get my way, then I am going to start throwing laundry over the balcony and you will have to pick it up.
DH: Well if you do, I am putting all your clothes in the trash.

Hopefully, JSS will make short work of this ridiculous motion. The wheedling and whining of the DT is getting to be ridiculous. Or maybe it already has...JMV, IMO

I genuinely wonder what happened to JSS. Last time around when Nurmi went all drama queen and announced -in open court- that he couldn't put on a mitigation case at all because the mean media had scared his 2 witnesses, JSS just went, like, OK, then, whatever, dude, moving right along.

This time she says CMJA will be prejudiced if she can't whisper her lies in secret. The same lies she relished telling for 18 days on the stand back when lots of regular folks were actually interested in the trial.

What changed? Somehow I don't think Secrets Sherrie will share with us today. She'll deny Nurmi's motion, tell him the COA made her do it, and offer him a consolation prize of a delay so he can convince his witnesses to testify, which won't work because Nurmi never wanted them to anyway, because they're whacked.

Or something.

I genuinely wonder what happened to JSS. Last time around when Nurmi went all drama queen and announced -in open court- that he couldn't put on a mitigation case at all because the mean media had scared his 2 witnesses, JSS just went, like, OK, then, whatever, dude, moving right along.

This time she says CMJA will be prejudiced if she can't whisper her lies in secret. The same lies she relished telling for 18 days on the stand back when lots of regular folks were actually interested in the trial.

What changed? Somehow I don't think Secrets Sherrie will share with us today. She'll deny Nurmi's motion, tell him the COA made her do it, and offer him a consolation prize of a delay so he convince his witnesses to testify, which won't work because Nurmi never wanted them to anyway, because they're whacked.

Or something.

Right. All this crappola is apparently based on a decision she made in Oct. or Nov. 2013. He must have worked on her from May to Nov to get a foot in the door. Hopefully she'll use the COA ruling to push back him back out and throw the dead bolt. I just don't know if she has what it takes.

Is today a "motion only" day or will Nurmi continue trying to salvage Dr. F ... or both? Can't wait for jury questions.

Is today a "motion only" day or will Nurmi continue trying to salvage Dr. F ... or both? Can't wait for jury questions.

It's like a buffet of options. I'll have a side of computer forensics.

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

Bringing over YESorNO's List of Tweeters:

Originally Posted by YESorNO (As far as I know) Tweeting Live #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ

William Pitts @william_pitts

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial

Nicole Goodman Esq @msesquirette

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner

KTAR News on 92.3 ‏@KTAR923

AZ Family ‏@azfamily

ETA:

Court: Monday - Thursday

NO Court on Fridays

**Thursday December 4, 2014 -- HEARING CONTINUED [RE: Computer]

**Will update with any more Hearing Dates, etc.

Good Morning. New day, New Drama? Hopefully most of the jurors are still in festive mode after Thanksgiving spent with family and friends and are feeling the Spirit of Christmas that is in the air, so much so that when the Doc continues with her disparaging "poor me" and "shame on you Juan" remarks the jury will immediately be turned off to her, although I personally think they already are.

So 2 whole days of court this week.....Maybe....

Oy vey.:shame:

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

Bringing over YESorNO's List of Tweeters:

Originally Posted by YESorNO (As far as I know) Tweeting Live #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ

William Pitts @william_pitts

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial

Nicole Goodman Esq @msesquirette

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner

KTAR News on 92.3 ‏@KTAR923

AZ Family ‏@azfamily

ETA:

Court: Monday - Thursday

NO Court on Fridays

**No Court Thursday December 4, 2014

**Will update with any Hearings, etc.

That's right. The precedent Nurmi's motion would set, if granted, is ridiculous. If your defendant is such that no one will come forward to defend her in public, that's a reflection on your defendant, not an indication that the Constitution has to be adjusted down to accommodate her poor character.

What galls me almost as much as Nurmi is that JSS should have seen this coming. She aided and abetted this mess, helping Nurmi pave the garden path straight into the garbage dump.

I agree.

I think back to how other judges have quickly denied and denounced tactics like this from defense attorneys, and yet we have been taken down a rabbit hole so many times.

A lot of the crap the DT has been throwing should have been shoved right back down their throat. And with lightning speed. Not days of delays.

The money and time waisted is beyond ridiculous.

What is Return of the Hearing?

I think I haven't been present enough in the last couple weeks! : )

At least we get The Return of the Hearing on Thursday.

'Morning all.

I noticed Wilmott's name isn't on the latest Nurmi masterpiece. I have to confess I don't read a whole lot of Nurmi's petitions but I wonder if that is how they usually do it or if she made a decision to not include her name and attorney license number on that hot mess.

Jodi Arias Diary ‏@JodiAriasDiary 4m4 minutes ago

#JodiArias Dear diary: I can't get a fair trail cuz the jury thinks I'm a murderer. Isn't that pre-juice? I mean prejewdiss...um, prejudice?

The evidentiary hearing over the hard drive and *advertiser censored* that began (was it last week or the one before? Time is getting lost in this thing) and went most of the day and was continued until Dec. 4th.

On Thursday the jury will be absent but we will be hearing testiphony from a defense computer "expert" who will say Travis' computer was full of *advertiser censored*. This hearing started the week before Thanksgiving, I believe, and features the same guy (Brian something) who tried to convince everyone at the first trial that you could see an outline of the killer in Travis' eyeball in the shower picture.

But have no fear - Juan said he can prove Brian tampered with the computer and what he is testifying to is a load of you know what. And if Juan said that, I gotta believe it.

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision 15m15 minutes ago

Pre-trial preparation underway for one of the "secret" defense witnesses at the #JodiArias sentencing phase.

For the jury's sake, I hope JSS orders a continuation/completion of Dr. F's testimony first thing today. The constant interruptions and gears-switching is ridiculous and unjust to the victim.

Just to put things in perspective, Nurmi has been working variants of a closed courtroom and witnesses unwilling to testify for quite some time now. In the first penalty phase, he claimed witnesses were afraid to testify due to threats, yet Brewer was waiting in a hotel room to get called. Womack never finished her deposition, most likely due to questions that could put her in hot water. I suspect we are seeing the same thing again with this most recent motion claiming three witnesses refuse to testify.

In February 2014, Nurmi did try to get a Star Chamber trial for his client. The motion and ruling are under seal, so it is not known exactly how this was argued or ruled, but the docket gives a hint:

View attachment 64682

Somewhere along the line, Nurmi did convince Judge Stephens to go down the rabbit hole. And for every inch he has gotten, he keeps pushing her more in that same direction.

Hopefully, the recent COA decision will snap her back to reality and an orderly trial. This one has been anything but.

And the COA brought things back to the surface. Now JSS needs to heed that age-old advice: "When you find yourself in a hole, quit digging."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member