revealing evidence

tumble said:
In Sweden we have a guy, Tomas Quick, that has made himself famous for false confessions. LE is doing all they can to keep him from getting jailed :cool:
That's too funny :) We have a police series here called Taggart and there was one episode about a compulsive confessor - except that the confessions were a ruse. He had been a hired killer and in order to deflect attention away from himself, he confessed to numerous murders and got a reputation as a kook. Then when he DID murder someone - he went straight to police and confessed and they chased him!

Peter Hamilton said:
"some lawyer will take his case'--hey,how about F. Lee Bailey? dig him out of the mothballs--he did a great job with Sam Shepard,but of course that was 40 years ago :)
sam sheppard never confessed and then took it back.

This guy won't match up to any evidence. Seems like they can't even place him in Colorado at the time of the crime.

IMO, we have a pedophile that in his fantasy world has fallen in love with the idea of being with JBR when she died and has read enough about the case to get himself in the spotlight.

Also, I have only heard that this Karr has confessed to 'certain elements' of the crime, or something like that. This might mean "accessory after the fact", by helpng destroy evidence, for example. We just don't know how much he has actually confessed to, not yet.

imho

Could be that he has confessed to the e-mails with Tracey and Patsy. Can anyone tell me what time and timezone this DA's statement is going to be so that I can work it out for my timezone?

Jayelles said:
Could be that he has confessed to the e-mails with Tracey and Patsy. Can anyone tell me what time and timezone this DA's statement is going to be so that I can work it out for my timezone?

i heard 12 noon, cst, but NOW i just heard 12 noon, eastern time...

correction made....12 noon eastern time

close_enough said:
i heard 12 noon, cst, but NOW i just heard 11 am eastern time...
OK I am 8 hours behind California and 5 hours behind New York. Is california CST?

tumble said:
This guy won't match up to any evidence. Seems like they can't even place him in Colorado at the time of the crime.

IMO, we have a pedophile that in his fantasy world has fallen in love with the idea of being with JBR when she died and has read enough about the case to get himself in the spotlight.

if there is no DNA match, i think you're right...

Jayelles said:
OK I am 8 hours behind California and 5 hours behind New York. Is california CST?

ok, california is pacific time....if they say 12 noon eastern time, then in Cali it would be 9 pacific.....

Jay, i hope you saw my correction....this is what i hear about the news conf....it's set for 12 noon eastern time....in Cali time that's 9, pacific time....

sorry for being so confusing...i'm just stunned over all of this....

Linda7NJ said:
It's not now or ever was a DNA case.

I was under the impression that there is DNA .....under Jonbenet's nails and elsewhere....Why then do you say its not a DNA case?

kwatson696 said:
I was under the impression that there is DNA .....under Jonbenet's nails and elsewhere....Why then do you say its not a DNA case?
because to my knowledge the DNA was minuscule. The world is littered with DNA, she could have picked it up anywhere. Especially since the poor baby wasn't bathed often.

tumble said:

Hey Tumble, I agree with you... this guy is a sick freak who has obsessed and fantasized for years over JBR and now he wanted out of Thailand. Imagine what might happen to him in their legal system. He is loving all the notoriety now. In his sicko mind he maybe "was involved". But realistically I believe he is not the murderer. Though I do wish he were.

I watched the news conference and heard BPD distinctly play it all down saying they will wait to see what evidence there is?

I just wonder if Karr has guessed or been told about some unreleased forensic evidence?

I wonder if the missing piece of the paintbrush handle was left inside JonBenet and that only her killer would know that?

This would also explain where it went , so to speak.

UKGuy said:
edited:
Was it the hillside strangler who confessed to multiple rapes etc, but later dna evidence casts doubt on these confessions?
No, that was Albert DeSalvo. DNA tests on the last victim of the "Boston Strangler" showed that DeSalvo wasn't the one who raped and killed her. This happened in the past couple of years -- the crime had occured, I think, in 1968 and DeSalvo's been dead for a number of years (killed by another inmate in prison).

I am noticing a lot of backtracking now in some media outlets -- it will be interesting to see how this pans out. My prediction now is that there will be a flurry of coverage for a few days to a week, then nothing, then a little "he was released due to a lack of evidence" notice. I don't think he's the guy -- just someone who, for whatever reason, has inserted himself into this case.

yes,DeSalvo's final victim was not murdered by him--But there were another ten murders that he most probably did committ--and yes desalvo was murdered in prison in 1973--he was brutally stabbed dozens of times--justice was done

newtv, this guy's confession looks like a phony. There are plenty of people who have made false confessions.

"I was under the impression that there is DNA .....under Jonbenet's nails and elsewhere....Why then do you say its not a DNA case?"

Because that DNA was too degraded to have been any use. It was only a partial profile.

"because to my knowledge the DNA was minuscule. The world is littered with DNA, she could have picked it up anywhere. Especially since the poor baby wasn't bathed often."

Exactly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back