*REVISIT* Does Anyone Feel Sad for Casey? Or Family Members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i only joined this site because of the casey anthony case and my obsession with it. i have read every document dump, watched every video, read AND heard the transcripts from all involved, and I KNOW that kc is guilty of killing her child.

i, like 99% of you, have been condemning her. she's wrong.

but right now, even after the gj hearing, the picture of her in the unbuttoned blue shirt and white glasses, the flippancy at the press conference and the crocodile tear, i actually feel bad for her.

even though she killed her child, even though she stole, lied, and cheated friends and family... even though she failed her parents and dropped out of school and lied to her grandmother, and even though she was promiscuous and had a child without a husband... is she undeserving of our compassion? because of all these actions we can safely say that at some point she was a victim too. of something BAD.

you might all think that she is evil. but right now, i don't. i feel that she is incredibly lost and scared and ripped off... don't know by who, but someone affected her... right now i honestly feel very sad for her.

this does not mean in any way that i understand or support her actions. i just think that if anyone could get to the point that she did in her behavior, then that in itself, is very tragic. she is not okay with it... no way.

okay... it's late, i'll read this when i wake up, i had a long day. but i really feel this way right now. i'm probably just being insane.

peace in the middle east,
david.

It does sound weird, shoelace, and not rational to many people on this board but, I, like you, feel that Casey has suffered a real tragedy somewhere in order to be able to function the way all these documents prove she has acted. Shew.......is that a run-on sentence? Oh, well..........its how I feel. It is well documented that severe abuse elicits dissociative behavior as a mechanism for dealing with the abuse itself. This re-wires the brain and they are more likely to dissociate when placed under major stress. All Casey's behavior, and that of her nuclear family for that matter, scream that they are hiding a major secret to me, one that very neatly ties all the ties together. Thank you for having/showing your compassion for someone who certainly doesn't seem to deserve it on surface examination. JMHO

i only joined this site because of the casey anthony case and my obsession with it. i have read every document dump, watched every video, read AND heard the transcripts from all involved, and I KNOW that kc is guilty of killing her child.

but right now, even after the gj hearing, the picture of her in the unbuttoned blue shirt and white glasses, the flippancy at the press conference and the crocodile tear, i actually feel bad for her.

even though she killed her child, even though she stole, lied, and cheated friends and family... even though she failed her parents and dropped out of school and lied to her grandmother, and even though she was promiscuous and had a child without a husband... is she undeserving of our compassion? because of all these actions we can safely say that at some point she was a victim too. of something BAD.

you might all think that she is evil. but right now, i don't. i feel that she is incredibly lost and scared and ripped off... don't know by who, but someone affected her... right now i honestly feel very sad for her.

this does not mean in any way that i understand or support her actions. i just think that if anyone could get to the point that she did in her behavior, then that in itself, is very tragic. she is not okay with it... no way.

okay... it's late, i'll read this when i wake up, i had a long day. but i really feel this way right now. i'm probably just being insane.

david.

I do understand what you are saying. At one time KC was a little girl just like Caylee. Somewhere something went terribly wrong.

david.

David
I appreciate your comments. Thank you for sharing. Yesterday her little show had the desired affect on you at least. Pathological liars are very convincing.
Ultimately, that girl is very very sick. My spiritual beliefs are such that I pray that God save me from being angry, this is a sick person, how may I best be of service.

I do believe she got over her head in something- created by her or someone else. I will NEVER get over her dancing while her daughter is missing or flaunting stolen items on TV day after day. All I can say is that if my daughters were dead/missing, buying beer or dancing or high fiving my brother simply would not cross my mind.

God save me from being angry...here I go again!

I certainly respect your right to an opinion, although I don't agree with you.

Caylee Anthony was a sweet tiny child that deserved a chance at life. Period.

Her "mama" had plenty of options, opportunities and choices. Unfortunately, anything KC found inconvenient was dealt with in a way that allowed KC to enjoy guilt free the things she found pleasurable. And of course the side benefit to that was it allowed her to avoid making honest, responsible decisions. If it wasn't fun, it was annoying. It breaks my heart that a little one was just another annoyance.

P.S.

I also believe her to be guilty..........100%..................my compassion for her does not make me believe she is innocent...........I can simply see the reason why I believe she did it. And I don't believe it was premeditated or for that matter even wished for. I believe she really did love Caylee..........for what ever that is worth. Neither do I belive she should get off based on her history. She knows right from wrong.............when you are wrong, you must pay the piper.........IMO.

She never learned to be accountable for her actions. Hence the mess she's in. Either way you look at it, she most likely killed Caylee or at best disposed of her body but her choices after what she did has completely ruined any chances now.

There comes a point in life you need to be true to yourself. Instead she listened to her mother 'protecting' her and a lawyer who gave her bad advice. She should have taken the limited immunity deal in the beginning. Casey and her team were arrogant enough to think they could get away that ridiculous story and most likely murder.

Let a jury decide now.

because of all these actions we can safely say that at some point she was a victim too. of something BAD.

This line is the main "problem" I have with your post. I am not sure that she was a victim of something bad. I think it is human nature to want a "reason" for someone's horrible actions. So that we can say, "Well so-and-so did something bad, but if they hadn't been (insert horrible history here) then it wouldn't have happened."

I think there is just evil in this world. I think sometimes people do horrible things just because they want to do them. They are selfish, cruel, mean, egocentric people and they aren't a victim of anything but themselves. I don't know CA....I only know what she has shown to us...and I don't see someone who is a victim of anything. I will admit that when she was crying on camera yesterday, I did feel a twinge of *something* (pity? sorrow?) but then I remembered that she is a wannabe actress. She didn't feel bad about anything when Caylee was missing for a month and no one knew. She didn't feel bad when she led the cops on a wild goose chase. She hasn't felt bad enough to come forward and speak to detectives once she lawyered up. CA was crying for CA. The only person she feels bad for is herself.

If CA were to come forward, help detectives, and show remorse, sorrow, dispair...anything at all....I might be more willing to feel something for her.

I hope you don't think I'm jumping on you for your opinions...you seem like a good person. Heck, you are probably a better person than me because I can't get past all the lies and selfishness of CA to even remotely feel sorry for her.

She needs to put on her
biggirlpanties.gif
and face up to her actions.

Casey's actions repulse me. I loathe what she has done and what she continues to do.

The only way I could feel a twinge of respect or compassion for her is if she does what she should have done long ago- WOMAN UP. For once in her life, feel the power of the truth. Stop the charade, stop killing her parents slowly and admit what she did and lead them to Caylee.

Even if her intentions in doing so would be wholly or partly selfish, I do not care. The ends will justify the means.

You know, I have to admit, I also feel a little sad about Casey. I guess it's not so much sympathy FOR her, as it is a feeling of sadness about the loss of human potential. I agree with some posters here that some people are simply born "bad", but Casey's fate saddens me just as so many other young killers I hear about on the news (and believe me--I live in Oakland, CA so I hear about them ALL the time). When we're young, even "normal" people are so much more impulsive and egocentric. Given a few more years, most of us mature and gain patience and a more compassionate and selfless attitude toward others. Parenthood is a challenge for anyone, but even more so for a young adult--especially one who is underdeveloped emotionally--or worse yet--one who is mentally disturbed. What Casey did is entirely WRONG, BAD, EVIL, but yes, in a general way, I still feel a bit sad that her actions essentially took her life as well.

david.

Well, maybe I'm weird too:crazy:....I have not read past the OP since i cannot bear to hear the hate I know is out there. That is what killed this poor child in the first place.
But you certainly arent insane for thinking this way,and dont let anyone try to convince you that your feelings or opinions are wrong .:blowkiss:
People have a right to hate casey, others like us have the right to feel that she is not pure evil.....that for some reason which we cant fully understand, she made this terrible thing happen, and no matter how much we all wish it, caylee wont ever be coming home.

David,

Have you read RG's theory on that? Supposedly, he will be telling what he knows about that in the future and does insinuate that KC was sexually abused.

While I respect your opinions - as we all know - everyone has a right to their own thoughts - dont fool yourself at thinking RG has something to say. He has said over and over he had something to say just to keep his name in the limelight. Its odd - you never ever hear from JG's Mom..... prob thats because there isnt anything to say. If RG ever comes out with something meaningful I will eat my words, but sorry - he truly had his 15 mins of fame.

Shoelace,

I waited for months and months for an indictment to come down. I actually prayed for one! Yesterday my prayers were answered yet it made me feel SAD! I thought that it would make my day to hear she had finally been indicted. That is not what I felt at all. I had this feeling of dread that "Caylee is actually dead by the hands of her mother". How could she do that to her own child? I had a memory from when my own daughter was riding on her scooter and fell off and skinned her knees. Her knees was bleeding and she was screaming in pain. I remember thinking "what can I do to make this pain go away?" Her pain was hurting me more than it hurt her , in my opinion. So that still leaves me here wondering, HOW and WHY. I didn't feel yesterday that her tears were for her daughter, they were for herself. Reality has finally set in that she can't lie her way out of this one. She is what she is and nothing will change that. KC and CA should be ashamed for the way that they have behaved. Caylee is in a better place without KC in her life and she knows that her Grandpa stood up for her when no one else in that family would.

So for being so long winded but I am so emotionally drained from this case.

KimF

Hi David. I can understand your mixed emotions because last night the sort of same feeling of pity washed over me after Casey was taken into custody. I think it's difficult to understand how a beautiful 22 year old who seemed to have so many opportunities and so much good in her life could just throw that away. It seems as though where ever this girl went she brought nothing but destruction with her. Casey is no victim in this. I think the biggest mistake I make when thinking of Casey is the assumption that she feels any real emotion towards Caylee or any of the dozens of other friends and family she continued to lie, steal and cheat from. If I step back and stop trying to identify with Casey and just look at her actions alone it becomes painfully obvious to me that she lacks compassion for the people she claims to care about. I think she wants us all to believe that she is special and caught up innoscently in a life that she acts reactively to. It seems Casey cares more about her image, the way people see her as a person, then ever working to actually be that person. Her sense of entitlement is off the chart. She is counting on people like us to feel compassion for her because that compassion is the seed her defense team is going to use to try and shed doubt that she could do anything to harm her baby, Caylee. I don't think it's wrong of us to feel sorry for Casey. We are not like her and are capable to see what a loss this is and what her life could have been and more so what Caylee's life could've been. I don't think Casey is capable of that. It's sad no matter how a person looks at it. This case has been such a media circus and The Anthony family has done so much to ensure that we hear more about whatever drama happens to take to focus off the fact that Casey has most likely murdered Caylee. I think once the trial begins and the facts are presented without all the distraction the compassion we are feeling will be very difficult to muster up for Casey.

I do understand what you are saying. At one time KC was a little girl just like Caylee. Somewhere something went terribly wrong.

Yes, she was. I also bet there were times Casey was sweet and loving and witty and fun to be with.

Yesterday, Casey looked very young standing next to Baez during that press conference. She also looked pretty.

I've read Casey was at one time an honor roll student and cheerleader. She had potential.

The thing is...she CHOSE to plan, plot and carry out the deliberate murder of her innocent daughter. I think she did it because she was obsessed with a man and a new lifestyle. She no longer wanted Caylee and she wouldn't let her mother have her either.

Caylee has yet to be brought home for a decent burial. But, I don't believe Casey ever cried for her.

Casey is worse than the Couey's who come from societies lowest tiers. Casey wasn't among societies despised or driven by compulsions. She was blessed with intelligence and the face of an angel. She had friends and her health. She was blessed with an adorable baby. She had time to job search, transportation, a computer, a telephone and babysitters.

She CHOSE to use her gifts and resources to con and steal. She cold-bloodedly looked into the eyes of the baby that trusted her and called her mommy and took her life. Pretty face or not, you don't get more evil.

There are real victims in this story...the little girl outside exposed to the elements. The family who has to go on with guilt
and questions. The Zenaida whose life was picked apart and is the object of gossip. Casey's friends who have to live with this tragedy and have also been looked at suspiciously and had their private information picked apart. The members of LE who hoped to bring Caylee home and instead watched the gory details unfold. The searchers who risk life and limb tromping through alligator infested ditches and swamps.

The real victims don't all have angelic faces but I betcha they have shed real tears...lots of them.

I am sad because Casey is young and she threw her life away. But, Casey did it by choice.

Caylee was a true innocent. She didn't live long enough to celebrate her next birthday.

i think that kc is a piece of ****. i think that kc has blown it beyond belief. i think that kc is guilty of murdering her daughter.

what i'm saying is that to get to that point... to become a person who could do this... it's sad. i have no idea why tonight i am now feeling like this... i haven't before. but after watching all of today's news, i really felt that there are multiple victims, and she's one.

i know i suck.

No you don't. You shouldn't apologize or feel guilty for feeling compassion for someone. Most people guilty of murder, especially a child, or even abuse of a child make me sick and I have no compassion for them whatsoever. I go back and forth with Casey and Cindy. They both seem to have some mental issues and that's where I think the compassion comes in. Yes, they could have gotten help but first they have to realize that something is wrong or have someone that loves them help them to see that their behavior is not normal.

Those of us that do feel a little compassion for Casey I think are seeing what could have been. A lot of young women have children out of wedlock and do just fine. When I look at the pictures and videos of Casey and Caylee they appear to really love each other. I don't know what went wrong. Now there is a precious little girl that will never grow up and be who she was intended to be (who knows maybe another Casey...she was growing up in the same environment and had the same genes) and then there's Casey. She's a pretty, intelligent young woman. If she had gotten her GED or finished school I have no doubt she could have been an event planner. Something went wrong somewhere. Whether it's nature or nuture or both I have no idea.

Don't get me wrong. She has to be punished for what she's done and I want to see that as much as anyone. It's just sad all the way around.

Nope. I don't feel badly for her at all. She made choices, no one else did that for her. She is a horrible person who should be put far, far away from society for a long, long time. I have no compassion for her, just like she didn't have an compassion for her beautiful little daughter. I understand how all of yesterday's happenings and her carefully timed and construed crying could make your emotions all mixed up. But this woman is a master manipulator and the focus should not be on how we feel about her but on justice for Caylee.

Think about what she did to Caylee, let all the possibilities flow through your head. Did she get angry and beat the little girl until she was unconcious and then shove her in the trunk to let her die in the Florida heat? Did she drug her and then drive around with her body in the trunk complaining to friends about the smell? Did she just dump the body of her beautiful daughter, because it was decompossing and smelling, into a body of water so that the alligators can have a little snack? Disgusting I know. But thoughts like that help me to not fall for her little "poor me, I'm the real victim here" act. She is a sad excuse for a human being.

A P.S. from me too, lol....

I have followed this case since the very beginning and my interests have always been for Caylee's return. I wish she were alive. But I believe 99.9% that Casey is guilty of murder. However, the fact that we as people have the ability to find even a tiny bit of compassion for a person who has done the unthinkable is why we are not like those people. The compassion I feel for Caylee is much deeper and painful when I think about what fear she must have felt at that hands of her own mother. Casey is where she belongs as sad as the whole situation is.

You are not insane. You have compassion. But sometimes, actually much of the time, we must for our own good and the good of society, tamp down our heart and rev up our cool, logical thinking.

When you feel bad for Casey, stop and think about a child at the moment of death. Did she look into her mother's eyes with trust or fear? Did she feel pain? Did she go peacefully to sleep trusting her murderer's hands? Think about a small body, curled in a car trunk, decaying and smelling as it is driven around the hotspots of town, then eventually discarded somewhere. Discarded as annoying refuse, not laid to rest as a loved child.

There is judgement in Heaven, so we are told. But we are also told we must pay within the society we live in on Earth. Casey does not have to be browbeaten by trial. She can stop it all with a confession. But that will never happen, she's a h*ll of gambler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member