REVISIT Does LE have enough evidence to Convict Casey on 1st Degree Murder?

Do you think LE has enough evidence to get Casey on 1st Degree Murder?

• Yes

Votes: 759 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 84 8.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 140 14.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think the jailhouse guards interview where she says Casey told her after the River search with the supposed bones found, that the detectives AREN'T looking in the right place could be used as evidence?

Robin links Casey to chloroform in the Anthony house. Not that I think Cindy was the source, but no admission of Casey drugging Caylee is good for Casey. The testimony that Casey knew details about how Caylee was found that only the perp could know seals the deal more.

LE definitely has enough to convict Casey.

I have not been able to read the letters yet. I have read the media captions. I am not seeing anywhere in the letters that Kc incriminated herself. The other two inmates are going to say anything Le wants them to, to get a smaller sentence. I can't believe anything they say. So, my guess is no, the letters don't mean anything. As far as the other two inmates, the jury will have to decide if they are believable. I just don't believe anyone that has a 3rd party reason to lie. IMO

I believe that Kc was visited immediatley after the announcement that day of a child being found in the woods near her home, by Jb. That information could have come from Jb. Also, that other inmate is not a believable person, she is a convicted drug dealer. IMO

I have not been able to read the letters yet. I have read the media captions. I am not seeing anywhere in the letters that Kc incriminated herself. The other two inmates are going to say anything Le wants them to, to get a smaller sentence. I can't believe anything they say. So, my guess is no, the letters don't mean anything. As far as the other two inmates, the jury will have to decide if they are believable. I just don't believe anyone that has a 3rd party reason to lie. IMO

Actually KC did alot of harm to herself in those letters. But no she may not have staged anything so incriminating as a direct confession. But keep in mind these are her direct words, covering a fairly broad period While she was incarcerted. So these were not immediate right at the time of her initial arrest, nor are they extremely current. Most of them stretch back to late 2008 to 2009.

So how does she damage herself? She directly contradicts her own recorded statements to LE in a number of ways. And she sticks with the Zanny story in a modified form. These letters make it extremely dificult for the defense to attempt to pin anything on the choice "throw under the bus" target of the week. Roy Kronk? No chance as long as KC is still talking about Zanny the invisible nanny. The only way to counter stuff in these letters would be to put her on the stand. Which lest the state ask all those messy direct questions, like why did you not report your daughter missing for 31 days?

The letters are not a smoking gun, but they are a powerful tool to use by the SA. Yes they have some uses by the defense as well, but sofar they do not seem inclined to go for a psych defense. Any other use for them by the defense would be exclusive to mitigation in order to avoid the DP. "How could you sentance such an obviously emotionally disturbed and abused woman to death?"

If nothing else the letters prove in KC's own words that she is in fact a "diabolical liar". A powerful thing to bring before a jury.

Asfar as statements from her fellow inmates about chloroform or her reaction on hearing new that the body had been found? Take all of those interviews with a deep suspicion and a grain of salt. Before believing any of it ask how else the inmate could have come by the information besides KC? Was it a matter of public record by the time the inmate recorded it on paper or spoke with LE? Is their anything new or distinct in their testimony, that once again has not been bandied about the internet and casble news? Can any of it be independently corraborated?

I believe that Kc was visited immediatley after the announcement that day of a child being found in the woods near her home, by Jb. That information could have come from Jb. Also, that other inmate is not a believable person, she is a convicted drug dealer. IMO

What are you basing that on? As Yuri Melich said, only investigators and the suspect would have had that info. There's no way they would tell Baez for heaven's sake. Casey's sunk.

What are you basing that on? As Yuri Melich said, only investigators and the suspect would have had that info. There's no way they would tell Baez for heaven's sake. Casey's sunk.

I'll play devils advocate on this one. Only the investigators and the suspect would have had that information ON THE DAY KC WAS INFORMED ABOUT THE REMAINS DISCOVERY. However those details long ago broke out into the media via discovery. So the question of crdeibility to the witness is in part who did she tell and when did she tell it? Or is their anything in her testimony that remains privileged info? Testifying to what could essentially be a theory broadcast on NG or posted here is not a strong piece of evidence. Tesitfying to something distinct, timely, and verifiable via at least one piece of clearly corraborating evidence is however almost unshakeable. So which is this?

BBM

You seem to contradict yourself in those first three sentences. Have not read them, but don't see anything incriminating. ??????

And, NTS, it sounds like you are dismissing anything they have to say, before you even read it? Doesn't your sig say "Justice means getting to the whole truth."?

Getting to the whole truth means reading everything with an open mind, not deciding what someone says is not credible - before you even read it.

Here's a couple things you might want to take into consideration, from the FDLE investigation. SA Pages 13476 - 13477:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
On February 10, 2010, Special Agent (SA) Christopher Woehr and Assistant Special
Agent in Charge (ASAC) Danny Banks participated in a meeting at the Office of the
State Attorney. During the meeting, a formal request for assistance was made to the
Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE).
It was requested the FDLE make contact with Robyn Adams and conduct a sworn
interview to determine if any information could be obtained that may assist in the
prosecution or defense.
The goal of the interview was to ascertain the truth surrounding
the letters, the relationship between Adams and Anthony and possible impropriety
among inmates and correctional officers.

On February 12, 2010, Special Agent (SA) Christopher Woehr and Special Agent
Supervisor (SAS) Chuck Broadway made contact with Robyn Adams at the Tallahassee
Correctional Institute (TCI) for interview purposes. Adams agreed to a sworn, digitally
recorded interview. The following is a summary of the interview:
Adams was advised that the role of Florida Department of Law Enforcement was to
obtain the truth
as it pertained to the communications that took place between Adams
and Casey Anthony while incarcerated together at the Orange County Jail, whether it
assisted the prosecution or defense.

Adams and Anthony were supposed to be destroying each letter, after they were read,
by flushing them down the toilet. Adams may have destroyed some of the early letters
before deciding to keep them. Adams never intended to use the letters to obtain
consideration in sentencing or to profit
. Adams stated that if she intended to use the
letters to help her at sentencing, she would have offered the information prior to being
sentenced.
Adams kept the letters to document this stage of her life and the friendship
(with Anthony).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That does seem to have a ring of truth, doesn't it? She could have possibly reduced her sentence by bringing this up BEFORE she was sentenced. But she did not. IN fact, she never brought them up - someone else did, whereupon she was questioned and finally revealed them.

Getting to the WHOLE truth means keeping an open mind at all times, Amigo. :)

There is LOTS of sleuthing to be done in this doc dump, and there is plenty that will help put Casey Anthony away, I believe. She keeps sinking her own boat, with her own words. :dance:

And YES, I believe that the State has SO MUCH evidence to convict Casey on, it's going to be a job in itself just deciding what to use and what to leave out. :)

I have a very simplistic statement to make. Hope this thread is appropriate for it. Does everybody remember that KC was charged with murder BEFORE Caylee's remains were found? Now, to me, that suggests that the prosecution knows something that we STILL don't know. Was the prosecution really ready to take her to court based on circumstanstal eveidence or is it possible that they have an ace up their sleeve? And how does that work in Florida where everything is so open? TIA.

Good point. Where do you see that these inmates were offered a lower sentence for their statements? If they have something to gain, I would agree with you. If not, then I feel they would be believable. Not by themselves, but along with all the other evidence.

I have a very simplistic statement to make. Hope this thread is appropriate for it. Does everybody remember that KC was charged with murder BEFORE Caylee's remains were found? Now, to me, that suggests that the prosecution knows something that we STILL don't know. Was the prosecution really ready to take her to court based on circumstanstal eveidence or is it possible that they have an ace up their sleeve? And how does that work in Florida where everything is so open? TIA.

If they had an ACE they would have given it to the defense by now. All discovery has to be turned over in reasonable amount of time. That being said, the fact that she was the last one seen with Caylee, never reported her missing, no nanny could be found, and car smelled like " a dead body" was enough in my opinion to at least charge her with murder. It's not like a 3year old just walked out the house and no one knew for 31 days. But like always, just my opinion.

BBM

You seem to contradict yourself in those first three sentences. Have not read them, but don't see anything incriminating. ??????

And, NTS, it sounds like you are dismissing anything they have to say, before you even read it? Doesn't your sig say "Justice means getting to the whole truth."?

Getting to the whole truth means reading everything with an open mind, not deciding what someone says is not credible - before you even read it.

Here's a couple things you might want to take into consideration, from the FDLE investigation. SA Pages 13476 - 13477:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
On February 10, 2010, Special Agent (SA) Christopher Woehr and Assistant Special
Agent in Charge (ASAC) Danny Banks participated in a meeting at the Office of the
State Attorney. During the meeting, a formal request for assistance was made to the
interview to determine if any information could be obtained that may assist in the
prosecution or defense.
the letters, the relationship between Adams and Anthony and possible impropriety

Supervisor (SAS) Chuck Broadway made contact with Robyn Adams at the Tallahassee
Correctional Institute (TCI) for interview purposes. Adams agreed to a sworn, digitally
obtain the truth
and Casey Anthony while incarcerated together at the Orange County Jail, whether it

Adams and Anthony were supposed to be destroying each letter, after they were read,
by flushing them down the toilet. Adams may have destroyed some of the early letters
letters to help her at sentencing, she would have offered the information prior to being
sentenced.
(with Anthony).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That does seem to have a ring of truth, doesn't it? She could have possibly reduced her sentence by bringing this up BEFORE she was sentenced. But she did not. IN fact, she never brought them up - someone else did, whereupon she was questioned and finally revealed them.

There is LOTS of sleuthing to be done in this doc dump, and there is plenty that will help put Casey Anthony away, I believe. She keeps sinking her own boat, with her own words. :dance:

And YES, I believe that the State has SO MUCH evidence to convict Casey on, it's going to be a job in itself just deciding what to use and what to leave out. :)

My bold: I was wondering about that myself. :waitasec:

Excellent post, MM! :woohoo:

If they had an ACE they would have given it to the defense by now. All discovery has to be turned over in reasonable amount of time. That being said, the fact that she was the last one seen with Caylee, never reported her missing, no nanny could be found, and car smelled like " a dead body" was enough in my opinion to at least charge her with murder. It's not like a 3year old just walked out the house and no one knew for 31 days. But like always, just my opinion.
To add to that, people have been convicted without the body, but LE also has the decomp in the trunk evidence, the hair strand of Caylee's from the trunk, the computer searches for chloroform, the same brand of duct tape in the Anthony home, catching Casey in a direct lie at Universal...circumstantial evidence is very powerful and often wins convictions. Trying watching a few episodes of Forensic Files and you'll see...

ITA. Not to mention, as a Forensic Files (and related shows) junkie, I feel that LE even has MORE then I have seen in past episodes. Plus, they even have a motive which is often missing from murder cases. The remains being found helped though, because all of the Caylee look a like sightings were even giving me the benefit of the doubt at first. Even though I knew from the get go that something was not right about KC's story. I thought she had sold her or something. I knew she was involved with her disappearance just did not know how deep...

All it means is that the prosecution had enough compelling evidence to convince them that Caylee was deceased (hair with death ring, smell of death in car, cadaver dog hits, decomposition materials in car), and tha the last person known to have or be with the child was acting in a manner wildly inconsistant with any conclusion other than homicide. And really that is all that they need. Real cases aren't CSI. there is no damning irrefutable smoking gun. If there was the defendant would have plead out over a year ago. Cases that do go to trial ande require a juries deliberation are typically built on compelling circumstantial evidence, or witness testimony.

BBM

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
prosecution or defense.

obtain the truth

sentenced.
(with Anthony).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Clicking the thanks button wasn't enough. MM pretty much hit the nail on the head.

As far as the inmates being believable you have two different people giving very similar stories. Many of the details of those stories also match much of whats in the letters. Letters that are in Casey's own hand writing. I don't think the jury is going to have to hard of a time finding RA or MD believable despite them being convicted felons.

Their stories coupled with the evidence in this case....it's just one more nail in Casey's coffin.

Getting to the WHOLE truth means keeping an open mind at all times, Amigos

I see this a little differently. Robin DOES mention that these letters may be able to help her in the future....shows intent. If you put her statement aside for a moment, there is really nothing incriminating in the letters that I have seen. It is Robin's testimony that is incriminating. It is possible that at the time of her sentencing, she was not convinced that the letters would help her. Later, she added/concocted? her testimony, hoping to shorten her sentence. It matters not when your sentence is shortened.... I'm not saying this is what happened...only that it is just as likely that this could be the WHOLE truth. Just my 2 cents.....

Getting to the WHOLE truth means keeping an open mind at all times....

Getting to the WHOLE truth means keeping an open mind at all times, Amigos

I see this a little differently. Robin DOES mention that these letters may be able to help her in the future....shows intent. If you put her statement aside for a moment, there is really nothing incriminating in the letters that I have seen. It is Robin's testimony that is incriminating. It is possible that at the time of her sentencing, she was not convinced that the letters would help her. Later, she added/concocted? her testimony, hoping to shorten her sentence. It matters not when your sentence is shortened.... I'm not saying this is what happened...only that it is just as likely that this could be the WHOLE truth. Just my 2 cents.....

Getting to the WHOLE truth means keeping an open mind at all times....

But you have to consider that Robyn did not bring this to the authorities, it was the other woman. LE went to Robyn, not the other way around so I believe her info will be the most damning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg