RIP Dominick Dunne

RIP...You were a defender of justice and voice for the victims. Thank you for your incredible work and tireless efforts.

Prayers for all who miss him and the repose of his soul.

I loved what this man did for this world. Prayers to his family and peace to him.

A favorite of mine......the ultimate true crime journalist! And quite an interesting character in his private life.

Knowing it's to be the last book, it will be bittersweet to add "Too Much Money" to the DD shelf in my library..... I absolutely enjoyed every book & article he wrote, every interview I read, every appearance I have seen, & all the PP & J shows on Court (Tru) TV. I cannot think of another writer of whom I can say the same.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. Thanks to Websleuthers for honoring him. I saw his photo in recent issue of VF, and thought he looked especially drawn and tired. Now I know why. RIP Mr. Dunne.

I really enjoyed that show, too. I also liked his writing. I just saw an episode recently and thought he looked very ill.

I noticed that too. It looked to me like he didn't have much time left. This is a real bummer.

Yes, he absolutely was. I feel like crying. All of the true crime journalists on TV are being replaced with cheap " reality" nonsense. The reality is in the true crime stories.

:clap:

I've watched the First 48 once and was underwhelmed.

Oh how sad. I love love love Dominic Dunne power privledge and justice.

RIP. you made a difference in this world!!

I agree, fantastic show.

Oh My Goodness-I will miss this man heartily. He was the reason I bought Vanity Fair...RIP sir.

Oh Me Too Believe! I just found out this second here on Websleuths... I'm so sad. I've gotten Vanity Fair for almost 20 years in large part because I love reading his diary.

I will miss him.

Awww gee. I am so sad to hear this. I think he was a wonderful. RIP Sir.

I find it hard to believe I have no yet read one of his books!

I will be remedying that shortly. Loved his show and his feisty attitude. He is someone who experienced a great loss and did his best to make something positive from it.

RIP

I felt a real sense of loss when the death of DD came on the news this afternoon. I 've watched his program for so long and read quite a few of his books. I had no idea he had cancer. You will be greatly missed DD. I know that you are in heaven with your daughter now though and that makes me happy for both of you.

I have admired and enjoyed Dominick since the OJ trial. Rest in peace, Dom - you will be greatly missed.

I loved reading the "high life" through his books, interviews, and Vanity Fair articles. He was such a gentleman. A flashback to when society was more genteel, and manners prevailed. Despite his upbringing in the "upper class," he spoke to all classes in such a humble way. RIP, Mr. Dunne.

We will miss you dearly Mr. Dunn.

I enjoyed his writing for Vanity Fair and his books. He was truely a most wonderful author.

I loved reading the "high life" through his books, interviews, and Vanity Fair articles. He was such a gentleman. A flashback to when society was more genteel, and manners prevailed. Despite his upbringing in the "upper class," he spoke to all classes in such a humble way. RIP, Mr. Dunne./QUOTE]
So true Capricorn...so true..

I was so sad to hear this news this morning. Dominick Dunne has been one of my very favorite people for a long time and also one of the main reasons I read Vanity Fair magazine. He was a man from a different time and I don't think we will ever see another person like him. He had style, sophistication and class.

A quote from Graydon Carter, editor of VF, says it all really. ""Nick was equal parts Walter Winchell, Louella Parsons and Yosemite Sam. He had equal standings in the worlds of society, crime, and journalism, and he fit in well in all three."

You will be so missed, Mr. Dunne. RIP.

This is very sad. I just loved Mr. Dunne. I loved his books, I loved reading about his life in Hollywood long ago when he was a producer, and I respected him so much for the way he fought for justice for his daughter, Dominique, when she was murdered. I also loved his truTV show, Power, Privilege and Justice and his Vanity Fair diaries.

Rest in peace, Mr. Dunne. You were a class act.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back